Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Iron Oath, a turn-based strategy RPG with great pixel art, now on Kickstarter

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Looks good. I also like the no-nonsense $15 bucks gets you the game tier. I'm in.

This sounds like something that I should be paying attention to as well.

I could use a demo or LP video. Everything sounds good but I would have to see the combat and rest of the gameplay in action first. Too many dull but prettied up indie games these days.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I could use a demo or LP video. Everything sounds good but I would have to see the combat and rest of the gameplay in action first. Too many dull but prettied up indie games these days.

Name a Kickstarter that actually showed combat that was close to the final version's.

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
Don't know how I missed this, I've been hanging out in the other thread :) Thanks for the kind words & pledges everyone!

Name a Kickstarter that actually showed combat that was close to the final version's.

Here's a video from 2.5 months ago. It's pretty raw, missing a lot of functions in relation to Spirit, and not every character has their kits fully completed or animated so it doesn't do the best job at displaying the strategic depth we'd like to have. The pace is also a little slow and we'll be fine-tuning that. Obviously it's still early and we'll probably be going through many iterations until we're happy with it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxHzQhuxhII

It does look good, but I am getting tired of games that simply only have combat and no utility skills.

Utility skills during combat phases you mean, or something else? Each class does have at least 1 utility ability(out of 6 total abilities), some have many.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really like the spell effects, and the pixel art looks good. I am obviously partial to hexagons, pixel art, and turn based combat, so I will back this.
I missed the other thread because it was not on the strategy gaming forum and there is way too much going on in GRPG. Good luck with the KS!

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
We just posted an update regarding Character Attributes & Stretch goals, you can check it out here. Tomorrow we'll be going over damage types, conditions, resistances and vulnerabilities :)

I really like the spell effects, and the pixel art looks good. I am obviously partial to hexagons, pixel art, and turn based combat, so I will back this.
I missed the other thread because it was not on the strategy gaming forum and there is way too much going on in GRPG. Good luck with the KS!

Glad you like the spell effects, they're pretty heavily inspired by Duelyst and lots of fun to make :) Thank you for your pledge!

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
We just posted an update regarding Character Attributes & Stretch goals, you can check it out here. Tomorrow we'll be going over damage types, conditions, resistances and vulnerabilities :)

Glad you like the spell effects, they're pretty heavily inspired by Duelyst and lots of fun to make :) Thank you for your pledge!
Hi. How many status effects are we talking about here? Are wizard like characters just damage dealers or can they do crowd control (3.5 web, grease) stuff?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Might be the last KS I'll be able to support for a while. :salute: Glad its already so far towards its target, have seen too many RPG KSs fail, lately. Good luck!

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
Hi. How many status effects are we talking about here? Are wizard like characters just damage dealers or can they do crowd control (3.5 web, grease) stuff?

Of the 6 abilities that each class has, at least 1 is utility based(though a lot of "damage" abilities tend to have some utility attached to them as well). The Stormcaller for example is one of the highest damage classes in the game, and has a few of ways to stun enemies with various abilities. Additionally, his Cyclone ability can displace a row of enemies, and his Rainfall ability makes the enemy targets more vulnerable to lightning, but can also be used to target allies and restore Spirit and a small amount of Health. For the Valkyrie, she has a couple useful utilities such as Aegis which allows her to target a nearby ally and intervene against all attacks against them. Her Champions Order ability passes her turn to the target ally(allowing them to act right away), while restoring some Spirit for the both of them. Her Skewer ability, while technically classified as a damage ability, can target multiple enemies in a row and pull them forward.

Hope that sheds some light :) I can give some more examples for the other 2 implemented classes if you'd like!

Might be the last KS I'll be able to support for a while. :salute: Glad its already so far towards its target, have seen too many RPG KSs fail, lately. Good luck!

Appreciate it man! Our current progress is definitely encouraging, but I don't want to jinx anything!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom