Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Those stories fail commercially, as people expect to act all heroic and defeat a bad guy.

Can you give me an example of a game, that isn't a simulation of some kind like the Sims or Harvest Moon, with no antagonists? Because I can - Ultima IV. I don't know where you got the idea that games fail commercially because of no antagonists, but it sounds pretty bullshitty to me. Also, people you fight =/= antagonists or THE antagonist.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Because I can - Ultima IV. I don't know where you got the idea that games fail commercially because of no antagonists, but it sounds pretty bullshitty to me. Also, people you fight =/= antagonists or THE antagonist.

That was released in the 1980's; people had different expectations then.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't wait until they release the next update. That'll be something that I have been looking forward to learn more about.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

gosh these updates just keep the excitement flowing as we start to see the world come together there is a lot of new added features like the drinking and barfing I know what my dwarf barbarian will be doing lol! and I like how Edér is standing away smoking his pipe watching the flames of the fireplace instead of dancing, drinking or barfing himself but omg that cat with the tube and cone!!! :hug:

The tale about it also reminded me of my mom's black cat you can go check out the kkk thread for a picture if you want but one time in the winter the cat was outside and my dad called for him before going to bed but he never came in so anyways we learned the next day he had a tough morning because the front porch was covered in blood and he was laying meowing loudly after he climbed into the engine of a car to stay warm at night and the owner turned the car on to leave for work and the poor guy got hit with the engine fan slicing up the top of his head, tail and tummy. :( he survived but had to get shaved where the fan cut him and staples. on his lower tail he got a pin inserted so whenever you pet him near the pin where his tail started he let you have it but he lived until 21 years old! :salute: after that he never liked going outside in the winter.

Noticed another thing with the video.

cQSoc3l.jpg

oh well. Maybe next time right? RIGHT ADAM?? hmmmm!

Thanks,
Sherry

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The smoke is too opaque. The PoE smoke looks better. I hope these textures are temporary. The way they are animated also looks like a non-final version. Smoke dissipates, doesn't stretch around.

That's why you should use particle systems not a texture for smoke animation.

Magnificate

Novice
Smoke is perfectly fine. Throwable bombs are OK, I guess, but for some reason I don't find them fitting.

cannondwarf

Scholar
Has Sawyer said anything about how passive talents work? Do they scale? If not, talents like Armored Grace seem like good pickups since you can pick them relatively early.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hand cannons, huh?
Are they... historically accurate?

Edit: Or is it just a sketch of a ship cannon?

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If late 17th/early 18th century is PoE's target "age", then yeah, it's "historically accurate". We are ahead of the Renaissance then, though. Unless it's a hand cannon, which is different. I don't really care tbh, the setting could use a bit of a rustling.

polo

Magister
Are Aumaua historically accurate? We know about lizard men for a while now, but what about these guys in PoE period?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom