Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alright, any recently-released RPGs that are good?

PrettyDeadman

Tale of Wuxia: The Pre-Sequel
What is this game even? It seems so confusing. A bunch of chinese letters and cutscenes, special effects like in michael bay movie but also turn-based??

Last edited by a moderator:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
released post-PoE for reference

give it 2 me straitg

Grimoire is probably the most for your taste, WL2 DC is excellent and has good everything, Star Trail remake - great, but probably not for you since it is difficult and not a grind game for orientals, Serpents in the Staglands - good, would be great with better combat and a new version is being released with different combat that is looking to be much better (the combat is better than the IE games or the shit contentless no chardev grindgames you love, but is still RTwP), Undertail - if you haven't played it you are just dumb, Last Dream 2 - if you haven't played 1 I would start with that, is a oriental like grind game so you should love 1 besides it having content which seems to be a negative for you, Swords & Sorcery whatever the steam edition is called - crpg blobber which isn't more popular in my opinion because it doesn't have a smaller bordered screen but has fullscreen with no big GUI surrounding a small screen like every other crpg blobber. Full first person blobber just doesn't come off right. other than that it is a good game. Everything is decent, nothing is really bad or great. Tyranny - PoE type game, so if you liked PoE you'll probably like Tyranny. The chardev is pretty weak so you should like that aspect. That's all I can think of off the top of my head that may appeal to you. I could have missed some, and looking up I see Severian Silk already recommended Star Trail so high five to him.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
eDwVnsJ.png

ZTxvHDo.png

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Dungeon Rats was pretty choice. I beat it like a drum on launch but it's really polished now. Some cool characters and battles.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Tyranny - PoE type game, so if you liked PoE you'll probably like Tyranny. The chardev is pretty weak so you should like that aspect.

Tyranny is pretty different from PoE past the superficial similarities.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Tyranny - PoE type game, so if you liked PoE you'll probably like Tyranny. The chardev is pretty weak so you should like that aspect.

Tyranny is pretty different from PoE past the superficial similarities.

Superficial similarities such as almost the same combat, low impact chardev because of easy combat, similar skill systems, similar way to interact with the world with skills, traditional crpg content, one character chargen and recrtuitables as designed (regardless that PoE lets you make a full party after the start at the first in it was designed for a party of recruitables), recruitables with content, recruitables opinions of you based on your actions, etc.

Besides the actual superficial differences the two games are very similar. You just focus on the superficial due to age and hipsterism and think superficial is significant.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom