Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Viata

Arcane
That's bad.

End game armor were useless, it gives you negative values

What does that mean?
It overflows past some max number and it becomes negative on your character screen(forgot which one, but it's the one related to what your character wear). There are a lot of people complaining about it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That's bad.

What does that mean?
It overflows past some max number and it becomes negative on your character screen(forgot which one, but it's the one related to what your character wear). There are a lot of people complaining about it.

Should test if it actually causes negative effect or if it is a display bug.

Viata

Arcane
That's bad.

What does that mean?

Should test if it actually causes negative effect or if it is a display bug.
Yeah, but seeing negative numbers in a dungeon full of dark fairies is not the good moment to try it. Then I just ignored and keep the same armor I had and never change to any one that gave me negative numbers.

Anyway, last one - humour in muh Grimoire?

OXRZPyx.png

Loved this post. Thanks, Cleve.

Whimsical is fine, but I do hope to encounter a wider emotional palette over the course of the game. Dark dungeons should be scary. Rescuing maidens should be lighthearted. Invading castles should be heroic.

As far as armor balance... I haven't gotten that far. My save got invalidated by a later patch, and I am waiting for bugs to be stamped out before I try again.

So far, the bard appears pretty OPed, and vampires appear underpowered.

Mech

Cipher
Cleve bragging about programming when characters are allowed to be resurrected with negative health points, lol. Comedy gold right there.

Dexter

Arcane
Btw. did anyone else have their Blood Robe set disappear after the Wizard's Barge in The Eyrie? I was happy to have found an armor set for one of my chars, after running around for a while in The Eyrie, Raptor Grotto, Crowl, Catacombs, Museum of Magic all the items went missing (Blood Shawl/Tunic/Robes) and the char wasn't wearing anything. I don't know when it exactly happened since it surprised me when I was back in town to sell stuff off. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

PEACH

Arbiter
Didn't happen to me, but I equipped them after I got off the barge so who knows

Btw. did anyone else have their Blood Robe set disappear after the Wizard's Barge in The Eyrie? I was happy to have found an armor set for one of my chars, after running around for a while in The Eyrie, Raptor Grotto, Crowl, Catacombs, Museum of Magic all the items went missing (Blood Shawl/Tunic/Robes) and the char wasn't wearing anything. I don't know when it exactly happened since it surprised me when I was back in town to sell stuff off. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Never happened to me, but boy do those oreworms sure like to target them.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
People is figuring out that some stats are not used at all. I guess DEV is used by Clerics and Necromancers.
Then what would be the equivalent for arcane casters? INT doesnt seem to be it.

I was under the evidently false assumption that DEV determined mana pool (which I thought was odd for arcane casters but made sense for divine casters) and I even told people that- I have spread the misinformation =D

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
And maybe the manual does not exist for the reason that a lot does not work?

Now we're on to the next stage from "the game doesn't exist" to "the manual doesn't exist".

Or maybe, just maybe, Cleve's time was indeed taken up by fixing the more critical bugs, so he didn't have much time for the manual? Also, Cleve's legendary release date announcement skills obviously transfer to the manual too.

Mech

Cipher
I think you are correct, once Cleve releases the manual saying how things are supposed to work, he will get a few thousand bug reports because things don't work like that.

As such I don't expect a manual for at least 1 month from now, at best.

Biggus

Scholar
And maybe the manual does not exist for the reason that a lot does not work?

Now we're on to the next stage from "the game doesn't exist" to "the manual doesn't exist".

Or maybe, just maybe, Cleve's time was indeed taken up by fixing the more critical bugs, so he didn't have much time for the manual? Also, Cleve's legendary release date announcement skills obviously transfer to the manual too.

I wasn't a naysayer, not totally anyway. I knew it existed, because I played it last century. Anyway, I am happy to be proven wrong in my manual theory. Right or wrong, at least we will have slightly more of a clue than we do now, which isn't a lot :)

Weasel
Shams hinted he was going to 'find one of the original manuals from the old days', could be interesting if he does

edit: "I'll have to hunt around, I used to have one of Cleve's manuals here from many, many years ago..."

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've started the game, played around with the character creation for about an hour but got so frustrated with not having the foggiest what shit means and does. Yes it's spergy but I just can't start the game stumbling blindly forward without studying the manual first. (Not complaining btw, I've waited years for this game, I'll wait a few weeks more for the manual, no problem.)

Still remember when I bought Wiz 7 I read the shit out of the manual first. With a dictionary in my hand since I couldn't speak English back then lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom