Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD - Part 71: Phex Temple 15 - WTF Ending

If a party member dies, we should:

• Total voters

Eriador

Arbiter
Sorry, my command of the language is limited to 'scheisse' and 'hände hoch'. Though come to think of it, you can perfectly abschließen with those too.

Don't worry, I'll make sure you collect a german title in every town we pass through, so your "Handel abschließen" will soon be unstoppable!

Eriador

Arbiter
Some old woman just scammed us out of all of our money. :decline: We are officially broke.

I blame Nevill. His "handel abschließen" wasn't strong enough.

Unfortunately, we can't replace Nevill with her.

I guess I won't reload, since it's just too funny :D

Eriador

Arbiter
OMG, if you meditate, you can heal the character again right away!

Infinite Astral Energy :D

Eriador

Arbiter
And you don't get thrown out of the inn while healing/meditating, so you can pretty much stay at the inn until you run out of food and do all of those rituals at once, without paying for the room more then once!

Eriador

Arbiter
Wow, this will quite an eventful update!

I also need your decision on something. One of the Codexians has died in battle. What should I do?

Options:

1. Replace him with another volunteer.

2. Try to get him ressurected (unlikely anytime, since we are poor, I'd have to exploit hunting to raise money for donations to the temple to get a decent chance)

3. Reload an earlier savegame.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some old woman just scammed us out of all of our money. :decline: We are officially broke.

I blame Nevill. His "handel abschließen" wasn't strong enough.
Hey! Not my fault you wussed out on going full Crime and Punishment on her!
crime-e-castigo-1024x525-1024x525.jpg
Also, 1) Replace.

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 8: We've Lost a Party Member (Also, an old lady robbed us)

FcHDDfI.jpg

While on the way to that miller, we get another encounter.

OVzWfrK.jpg

Just one ent-thing.

2UxsV9Z.jpg

Anyway...

38mP64W.jpg

:yeah:

FMr2lqI.jpg

WQmK2LQ.jpg

Of course, we continue forward!

D0PxAwK.jpg

I don't know why it says Boreale's leading us, when MicoSelva is in the first place.

Qe7MNq2.jpg

fU3apoI.jpg

UwJF9CI.jpg

We get a random encounter with some spiders. Reinhardt tames one and makis it devour it's friend. :(

1aVDuMC.jpg

I like his red leather armor, looks pretty! Anywy, we've come to avenge him!

mREeikJ.jpg

"We know what you must have gone through."

SSlDZA8.jpg

But it's pretty easy to get out of Limbo, just open up your map and travel somewhere else!

Also, Gashok is already in Limbo, so I guess fire is the only other thing that allows someone to leave that place, other then our travel map. Or maybe it's in Nine Hells? Maybe we aren't in Aventuria after all! We should investigate further!

zgesulC.jpg

kqWxljP.jpg

wTlHCJt.jpg

MnqAdxi.jpg

Alright, it seems we have to take care of someone in Gashok to bring our fashionable elvish friend some closure. Sounds easy enough!

mjxvgNo.jpg

On the way back to town, we meet this... lovely lady. Who looks just like that herbalist in Gashok.

2gVM24v.jpg

Wait, I thought she would open up a store interface. What's this? Can we just take everything for free?

9WD7NzW.jpg

Let's try that!

gf2GylD.jpg

:what:

Ok, guess not, but damn, is that a ridiculous amount of money. I doubt that all of that stuff costs even half of that. Maybe I'm wrong, but really.

Ok, let's return all of the merchandise...

B2WYo7Y.jpg

Hey, there are no girls here! :rpgcodex:

I really can't remember everything we took from her, I think we still had that sleeping bag and some waterskins or something, but I couldn't find the right item.

UDP740V.jpg

MKqHXkH.jpg

Also, the price she gives you appears to be random. Obviously, she's mastered the ancient german art of "handel abschließen", so we're doomed!
Well, we have to pay, since I couldn't be bothered to search for that random thing we "bought" and Nevill couldn't "handel abschließen" a lower price. Nor could he use Seduce :decline:.

5l2YaQm.jpg

She takes almost all of our money, leaving us with little over 10 Ducats and now we are dying of thirst :D

Alw14Y8.jpg

jjATiSH.jpg

I8ycLus.jpg

Near Gashok, we get ambushed by some thugs.

rTDhjbs.jpg

Anyway...

mkUH2Ql.jpg

Leader down!

ksGkEn9.jpg

I've turned on 100x speed autocombat to take care of the rest, I had to momentarily pause the game to trigger the increased speed, since it ran on the default one at first.

Pj2cS0m.jpg

We get some nice loot, like leather armor. Both MicoSelva and Nevill could use it, but I game it to MicoSelva, since Nevill mostly avoids combat anyway.

eb8w5cg.jpg

9reeOCk.jpg

We return to the herbalist to get info on the suspects.

gvmhv6f.jpg

First, we visit this guy.

wHZ13Aa.jpg

First option.

5nd93Ms.jpg

First option once again.

1zLQAFK.jpg

Well, he just ripped us off and Nevill "handel abschließen" either. Nor could he use seduce :decline:.

UXN4qMw.jpg

We visit one of them.

E4mYp7t.jpg

F6gyo9U.jpg

Notice that Nevill can Persuade, but he can't "handel abschließen". Nor can he use Seduce :decline:.

HCnxgF0.jpg

1xn7Kjr.jpg

LTRe0uT.jpg

Ok, Nevill thinks he is innocent. I've tried the other options off-screen and it seems he really is innocent.

vVsdE9Q.jpg

But I'm pretty sure this one is guilty!

ToQkm5a.jpg

WXkIuCA.jpg

Notice that Nevill still can't "handel abschließen". Nor can he use Seduce :decline:.

Anyway, MicoSelva brainwashes him with Be my Friend (Bannbaladin).

UpaalHb.jpg

We'll hand him over to the beadles, whatever that means. I guess guards.

6t4Aw1G.jpg

Pffft, typical!

b6D5ceZ.jpg

His house has a lot of unused space.

2ibTVLY.jpg

Anyway...

w2o2W9K.jpg

Wow, he actually survived that!

Oz89Dwl.jpg

He and Nevill have an epic duel to the death! By which I mean he keeps kicking Nevill's ass and MicoSelva has to save him.

yPeUR0F.jpg

MicoSelva finishes him off with Fulminictus.

jQaPdBY.jpg

Wow, nice!

8czqUeU.jpg

This would've been a godsend if we'd actually had a Warrior :(.

6jjH9Co.jpg

z5KsATc.jpg

In true RPG fashion, the evil schemer had incriminating documents in his house.

VJ1zSOf.jpg

Reinhardt completed another ritual :incline:!

Also, this is the time I've discovered the bug with unlimited meditation/healing combo.

aNLq0wS.jpg

XfxDl1k.jpg

Simply heal the character with Treat Wounds skill, then meditate with the healed character.

Scn13p9.jpg

After he finishes meditating, you can heal him once again, without needing to rest like normal.

xs46emK.jpg

You can't meditate if you have full Astral Energy, so just cast some random spell to deplete it, so that you can meditate again and get another healing attempt.

7gtQnsO.jpg

It's actually less powerful then I've feared, since the amount of healing is random and you could actually end up with less health then you've started with. And you still need to eat and drink, so you there's a limit to how far you can push it. Still, it's handy to quickly refill Morkar's AE, but I won't be using it.

4A9eo0c.jpg

And you can't meditate if your LE is too low, which is another limitation. It's not an easy way to get unlimited AE, but it still should be patched.

Jci2rRh.jpg

While testing that bug, Reinhardt actually managed to max out his dagger :D

Anyway, after we go to sleep and get another cutscene. I couldn't manage to grab any screenshots of the first half, but I have screens of the second half.

So, the first half:

It opens with Nevill sleeping in a bed. Yes, this time, it's actually Nevill sleeping in that bed, not some random redhead :incline:. Then, we get a nice view of a door to our room, then we hear some people running upstairs and their dialogue suggests they want to capture us. Then, two randomly generated villagers crash into the room, (seriously, I've watched it a bunch of times, and each time they looked different). One is a man, who bashes the door open, the other is a woman doing some sort of cheerleader pose behind him. Shame I could get a screenshot of that :D.

Anyway, after that, we switch to a scene outside, where the first two of our party members (Nevill and Reinhardt in the screenshots I've decided to use) stand atop some wooden platform (I guess they want to hang them?) and there's a lynch mob that wants their death, because they have them for murderers after the death of Deregorn. Their leader calms the crowd, accuses Nevill and Reinhardt of murder and asks what they say in their defense.

Then this happens.

Kt1YqVf.jpg

Yes, someone randomly decides to go through our stuff and finds the "incriminating evidence".

Cna6ueY.jpg

Well, I guess everything's okay then. Everything's written in those papers, he was an evil guy who kicked puppies. No need to look any further into it!

gGiuulf.jpg

V5XRAZj.jpg

io8H9Ry.jpg

Well, that takes care of that, we just need to return to fancy red armor elf.

EFp0Rrt.jpg

On the way back, we encounter the woman again! :argh: Sadly, her "handel abschließen" is to strong, so we can't attack her.

And Nevill STILL can't "handel abschließen", nor can he use Seduce :decline:.

8P7E1Lw.jpg

This time, we'll take one pointless item and see how much she charges for it. We take 1 Licorice!

ds5htLV.jpg

I don't know is she just gave it away for free, or if we'll lose some money.

AwsRSPt.jpg

This time we take some green gems in addition to the licorice. Well, the green gems are obviously expensive, so it doesn't seem that far off. Mayb she isn't that much of a scam artist after all and I'm just dumb.

Still, somehow it's Nevill's fault. He needs to "handel abschließen" already!

EPIYXrG.jpg

Just before Artherion's shack, we get attacked by some spiders, I think there were three of them. Anyway, I didn't feel like fighting them manually, so I've turned on autocombat on 100x speed again.

Xo5M8Wt.jpg

Well, hopefully, soon they will be finished and-

8ddf9lg.jpg

:rage: I guess he should've gotten that leather armor. Maybe it would've saved him.

alaooB1.jpg

I couldn't interrupt the journey to camp and try to save him, since we were so close to Artherion and we've arrived to him pretty much nanoseconds after I've dismissed that victory screen.

So now, we get to have a nice, long chat with Artherion, while our Rogue is slowly dying.

4iSxV8T.jpg

Qoo7G5a.jpg

T1pj0gS.jpg

oKj35JR.jpg

He doesn't really have many interesting things to say.

AcNLQYl.jpg

As soon as we ask enough questions, he gets impatient and gives us our quest rewards.

VyxTLUk.jpg

No one here uses swords, Boreale and Jimmious use axes and Nevill had his fancy rapier. If we had a Warrior, that would be a different matter entirely.

oZZ4YNS.jpg

Still, MicoSelva can try out that bow.

RSq5ugh.jpg

:(

X9Yxtq7.jpg

Farewell, Nevill, our Rogue companion. May you master the art of "handel abschließen" in the next world! :salute:

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I don't know why it says Boreale's leading us, when MicoSelva is in the first place.

Because he's a Commander, duh. Says so right there on his char sheet.

RIP Nevill, he couldn't handel abschliessen himself out of that one :hero:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, he just ripped us off and Nevill "handel abschließen" either. Nor could he use seduce :decline:.
I knew it was something dirty!

And I will take no part in degeneracy, thank you very much. My superior seducing skills are gender-locked!

The apathy of my comrades astounds me, chatting up some prosperous abomination while I bleed to death! For this indignity alone I will haunt your party as a vengeful mercantile spirit, driving up the prices wherever you go!

Morkar Left

Because he's a Commander, duh. Says so right there on his char sheet.

RIP Nevill, he couldn't handel abschliessen himself out of that one :hero:

Thorwal folk have high orientation skills. Maybe his skill is higher than Micos and the game picked the one with the highest value automatically instead of taking the leaders skill?

Eriador

Arbiter
Boreale has 3 Orientation, MicoSelva has atleast 12. I think Reinhardt is better at Orientation then Boreale.

Anyway, we need a replacement for Nevill. Also, to make it more interesting, we won't take duplicate characters or a Rogue (since we've already had one) and try out the other ones.

So, if anyone's interested in joining Team Codex, you can choose from:

Warrior (there's a shiny new sword in it for you!)

Hunter

Witch

Silvan Elf, Ice Elf (if you really think this game needs more elves)

Juggler (if you want to troll me)

Skald

Hopefully we get atleast one volunteer, but if we happen to get more, I'll choose one at random and the others will be replacements in case we lose someone else.

Morkar Left

If it is like in BoD you can choose between both, old and new songs.

Eriador

Arbiter
Yes, you can switch between remastered and original.

No volunteers yet?

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 9: Nevill Haunts Us (and he hates Reinhardt)

With his dying breath, Nevill curses the party for abandoning him to his fate in favor of talking to Artherion. Just after they go to sleep, they are suddenly attacked by a group of orcs! Coincidence? I think not!

lILFyUk.jpg

Anyway...

ESjdB1R.jpg

The orc is dead, as you can see here, because we can move on his tile. Glitched out again. Oh well, it's just a graphical glitch Better then BoD HD, where at launch characters could fall off the battlefield :D

zgrrfkp.jpg

ES8eW9L.jpg

After killing the orcs, who had 72 arrows for MicoSelva, we continue back to Limbo Goshak, but on the way we meet another scam artist merchant. I actually buy that useless thing, because I'm a moron and accidently clicked yes. :negative:

Pg7pulV.jpg

This woman in front of the Temple of Phex in Goshak keeps walking into this guy, but he doesn't want to move out of the way, so she just keeps walking in place. Sometimes, she manages to push him a little bit to the side, but it's still not enough for her to move past him.

R1AQctM.jpg

We go to the temple of Phex, tutelary deity of Nevill and donate 1 ducat to the temple, because that's how much he's worth to us. Besides, Nevill already wasted enough of our money when he was alive and we prefer money more then Nevill anyway :smug:.

Ok, we will pray just once. Maybe a miracle will happen!

E8Es8Eh.jpg

Guess not. Well, that's ok, we didn't lose anyone important, only Nevill :smug:.

Also, for whatever reason, this line is voiced by that "voiceover guy" from Blade of Destiny HD.

QT86ZUR.jpg

At the temple, the group meets ERYFKRAD, Nevill's stronger, faster and overall superior older brother. Here are his stats after I've minmaxed them by raising his negative attributes.

PYxNNxK.jpg

I've pumped all points into Strength and got lucky, as I've succeeded in raising it every time. However, almost of of my attempts to decrease his negative attributes have failed.

BWFjl0K.jpg

PBTauUf.jpg

vbnaTtu.jpg

As you can see, ERYFKRAD has all of Nevill's important skills and is actually better in the Language (German) skill. Surely his "handel abschließen" will be much stronger them that of his late brother!

KsimoOY.jpg

Then the group loots the late rogue's corpse, but Nevill gets the last laugh, as he carried most of our money and there appears to be no way to take it back! :argh:

Hv53w6K.jpg

The Codex Party dumps Nevill's corpse in the Temple of Phex, welcome ERYFKRAD into the party and gave him that Masterly Two Hander as a welcome gift. ERYFKRAD starts telling everyone stories of how he used to pick on Nevill when they were kids. Everybody laughs and they all talk about how they've never liked Nevill that much, except Reinhardt, who is busy writing sad poetry in a dark corner. Nevill's spirit is furious and swears terrible vengeance!

aXvA9lq.jpg

The group exits the temple, now led by Nevill's brother ERYFKRAD and continues past the still-glitched woman. Luckily, today is Praios Day, so we can visit the market!

OKQaYbz.jpg

At the market, the group sells their loot at Weapon Booth and ERYFKRAD fails at "handel abschließen" two times, thus we don't get a better price. Well, it was much harder haggle when you sold or bought multiple items in Blade of Destiny, so maybe "handel abschließen" works the same way.

BEoZU0k.jpg

But it seems his "handel abschließen" isn't strong wnough even when we attempt to sell one axe. Where's Nevill when you need him?

Uup257O.jpg

Alright, let's try the minimal markup this time.

NzHWiDR.jpg

:x

Well, seems ERYFKRAD just plain sucks at "handel abschließen". It might be because of his low Charisma and Cleverness. He has high Courage, but the game checks for the other two stats too and I guess he keeps failing the Charisma and Cleverness tests.

Or it might be because Nevill's spirit haunts us and uses his "handel abschließen" to weaken our own and perpetually keep us broke. Yeah, surely that's what happened. Curse you, Nevill! :argh:

E8S50OC.jpg

The general goods booth sells a nice Alchemy Set for Morkar. But it's pretty expensive, so ERYFKRAD brushes up his German and tries to use the "handel abschließen".

tjF5ZkU.jpg

Unfortunately, he was possessed by the spirit of Nevill and failed 3 times in a row.

xeha67x.jpg

:x NEVILL!

7ZBJkRR.jpg

Fortunately, the next stand also sells an Alchemy set. This time, we don't "handel abschließen" to avoid Nevill's malevolent influence. We also buy some sleeping bags and a fancy robe for Morkar to boost his AE regeneration. This leaves us with just a few silver pieces. Well played, Nevill!:neveraskedforthis:

02PwM9q.jpg

We also spend a night at the inn and this time, we actually get a normal room instead of being banished to outer space. :incline: Maybe it's due to that patch they've released today.

TQnKrcz.jpg

We leave Gashok and continue south. MicoSelva now brings back a lot less surplus food then before we got to Gashok and now he brings back mostly 0 to 2, occasionaly he gets lucky and brings back 11 supply packs, so it does get harder depending on location :incline:. Still, they still need to limit that hunting somewhat, since you can just try again and again without needing to rest.

yQ6cPAp.jpg

During rest, we are ambushed by a group of orcs.

kmyPn3R.jpg

But Reinhardt looks at them with eyes of a man that braved the deepest, darkest pits of the RPG Codex and lived to tell about it. The orcs flee as obviously, they stand no chance against such madman! For this, we gain the Pacifist archievement.

But the shadow of Nevill looms over them and promises our brave heroes much sorrow...

jRchWkF.jpg

3Adxm8z.jpg

:rage:

(btw. this gives us the Expert archievement)

keU8kCs.jpg

:rage: Jimmious, why? First, you get Reinhardt sick (no doubt due to Nevill's influence) and now you can't figure out what's wrong with him when it should be obvious?

zSWQ8v6.jpg

Fortunately, MicoSelva is more competent then Jimmious and-

Wait, no know cure...

:rage::rage::rage:

And we can't even treat him, as we don't have Donf stalks. :argh:

idlB8nI.jpg

We send the sick Reinhardt to gather herbs a bunch of times, but he doesn't find any Donf stalks :argh:. Nevill, what did poor Reinhardt ever do to you? Why do you keep picking on him?

Fine, seems we need to get back to Gashok and get him to a healer before we lose him like Nevill.

58mn7XU.jpg

As we turn back to Gashok, we get attacked by someone.

0dAi1fC.jpg

Turns out, it's a bunch of Aventurians. They are apparently a hivemind, since each "Avanturian" is instead called "Aventurians", indicating that this is just a human shell controlled by dozens of alien microorganisms. Well, we fear no aliens!

And if my DSA lore is correct, then the continent we are on is called Aventuria, so this is like if we were playing an RPG set in medieval France and we were attacked by some enemies named Europeans.

Ci539Uk.jpg

Reinhardt takes revenge at Nevill for his sabotage and enslaves his spirit with his emo brand of druidic necromancy. Furious Nevill tries to break free, but can't, now he must serve us for a while and serve as a meatshield :smug:.

Also, ERYFKRAD proves to be a worthy addition to the group, as he outmatches Boreale's fighting prowess despite being lower level :salute:.

We eventually win, but Reinhardt almost dies, seems Nevill's "handel abschließen" is stronger then we've thought and he can use it to hinder our progress even when he's our minion.

After the battle, Nevill's spirit disappears and promises Reinhardt that another terrible tragedy shall befall him for enslaving his spirit. Hmm, wonder what terrible fate he has in store for Reinhardt...

oyksQnO.jpg

Ah, of course! :argh:

1fewo2P.jpg

We get to the healer, but there's no health insurance in Aventuria and the healer wants money. He charges an outrageous sum due to the spirit of Nevill and we are almost broke due to all that crap we've purchased at the market. :x

What to do now, surely Reinhardt can't last much longer. Is this the end for our emo druid? Will he join Nevill in the afterlife? Do we need another brave Codexian to join our cause?

B3Go5ox.jpg

Fortunately, the group manages to foil Nevill's evil scheme. They return to the temple of Phex, drag the rotting corpse of Nevill back to the healer and pay with the money Nevill'd hoped to keep out of our hands (maybe it was to be used to pay for his funeral). Your move, Nevill :smug:.

We also leave Jimmious behind in the temple for a moment to think about what he's done.

We also get the Church Mouse archievement :D

dEDHFgH.jpg

We dump Nevill back in the temple and take Jimmious along, hopefully he's learned his lesson. On the way, we get another event.

8NZd6h7.jpg

We of course put the antelope out of its misery and also because it would be a shame to waste that meat. But turns out, it was a trap set by Nevill and we are ambushed by lions!

They are strange, white lions with black mane. I guess that's a DSA thing? They take up four squares.

B9bgHWj.jpg

Anyway...

eFpI8NQ.jpg

The lion actually died, but the model glitched out again and thus he remained standing. Here he is up close.

rvKqcY4.jpg

I didn't actually realize that he was dead, so I've sent Jimmious to fight him and planned to do the same with Boreale.

Eventually we win and gain 14 packs of food!

A85iUhk.jpg

blwcWvW.jpg

But soon after, we are ambushed by another group of orcs. Atleast Reinhardt got his strength back. He had a -2 modifier to it and I've fear that it's permanent.

Om3Mllg.jpg

:what: That's a lot of orcs! We could flee, but that would be cowardly. To battle!

PlcG7RL.jpg

Anyway, magic prevails. Reinhardt summons Nevill's ghost, Morkar summons a Heshthot and a skeleton, Micoselva brainwashes an orc with Be my Friend and for the next few rounds, Morkar and Reinhardt cast Horriphobus and Evil Eye on the orcs and some of them flee, but some keep fighting on, as the spell wasn't strong enough to make them flee. I've turned on autocombat after a few minutes, on 8x speed this time, so that I could intervene in case the computer decides to use Reinhardt as a tank. But the AI proves to be surprisingly effective. It debuffs the orcs with the spellcasters and the fighters finish them off afterwards. :incline: I guess.

But if you don't allow it to use magic, it keeps sending mages into melee.

1QwAyRv.jpg

We get some nice loot and money, so we are no longer poor as a church mouse.

HW9Prgy.jpg

Later on, the Hivemind sends some more "Aventurians"s againt us. This should be an easy battle, surely nothing noteworthy will happen-

mO7hUk9.jpg

:rage:

Qaauz81.jpg

Maybe it's not because Nevill hates Reinhardt, maybe he actually likes him and thus wants him to join him in the afterlife and troll our team from the grave? I mean, why else would he target Reinhardt of all people. He just summons ghosts, gathers herbs and writes crappy poetry. That's all he ever does.

Fortunatelly, there's no Artherion to talk to this time, so as soon as we finish this battle, we set camp to save Reinhardt from Nevill's clutches.

5etdJzU.jpg

:x What the hell Jimmious, I thought you've learned your lesson. And now you just stand in the corner and yawn while Reinhardt is in grave danger?

That's it, from now on, you are the new Nevill of the group!

jTfF0Mr.jpg

Fortunatelly, once again MicoSelva saves the day, no thanks to Jimmious, who fell asleep from boredom. Nevill is furious that he won't get to reunite with his only friend, Reinhardt.

INSkL2e.jpg

Aww, a cute little otter is trapped. We have enough food and MicoSelva is a hippy, so we free him!

qoDtIeO.jpg

We try to heal him, but unfortunately I haven't trained the Heal Animals spell on MicoSelva, so he fails.

zqfxodh.jpg

Well, hopefully that's enough.

OCSkV5O.jpg

Also, ERYFKRAD leveled up :incline:.

We raise his Ancient Languages skill, as maybe that's the one that covers German, so his "handel abschließen" might get stronger from that!

cSOfWW3.jpg

Soon, we arrive at Hilltorp.

SX3hu59.jpg

The weather is bad, so it's very windy.

NSl6QOF.jpg

We visit the local blacksmith to to repair Jimmious's axe and this time, we actually manage to "handel abschließen" a 5% discount! Who needs Nevill? :smug:

01NxJwl.jpg

Unlike in Hillhouse, Kvirasim and Gashok, the boundaries here are properly established, so we can't wander off into places we aren't supposed to. :incline: I guess.

ZsfdrTj.jpg

This shows up a bunch of times, but it seems to be just fluff text.

qYg6kWB.jpg

Yay, another whooping 5% discount! Nevill must be busy or something.

uU5lzwB.jpg

We chat with the inkeeper to learn something about these mountains, then we continue on our way.

klcuiFQ.jpg

On the road, some jerk interupts our sleep.

E0pBapX.jpg

DVWGYNk.jpg

Oh, it's Reinhardt's buddy!

PsSim5q.jpg

nZWm39L.jpg

Sounds believable. Ok, you can stay!

qOjkJ0d.jpg

Sure, why not. Sounds delicious!

wFBJKyI.jpg

Of course, he is a druid, there are no evil druids, right?

(Reinhardt doesn't count)

W66A8S9.jpg

That old man was nice, he even made us dinner. But why did he just cook the soup and then leave-

2Nxwnbl.jpg

...figures. Alright, no strangers allowed to the camp anymore. Thankfully he didn't steal anything.

I'm not sure if this actually helps us travel through the mountains faster or what.

rMN4Zow.jpg

Great, we have stalkers.

NYj2uw8.jpg

Nevill! :argh:

PfBCcuv.jpg

Next, we are attacked by a group of goblins.

w9J9MKs.jpg

The goblins prove surprisingly dangerous and almost kill Reinhardt and MicoSelva, but luckily, they only fell unconcious, so they are in no danger of dying. Nevill must really want to bring Reinhardt onto his side, but for now, he failed.

PW8iicR.jpg

Short break and they are as good as new!

Q9mVBvI.jpg

Aww, a mountain goat! Want a Supply Pack full of food?

lB0udQh.jpg

Fine, want an herb?

lB0udQh.jpg

We were just trying to be nice! Ok, you've asked for it...

VRIbbhJ.jpg

:negative: Defeated by a goat...

Also, is that 1 supposed to be a name of some party member?

jsjqly3.jpg

We are then attacked by harpies, that again almost kill Reinhardt.

H3WtWI1.jpg

And also MicoSelva...

We can't cast Evil Eye, Be my Friend or Horriphobus on them, because they aren't humanoid.

QOxTvek.jpg

But with the help of demonology and necromancy, we prevail! We also gain the Patron archievement. We don't actually kill any harpies, as they all flee as soon as they get low on Life Energy.

PnjBNxG.jpg

cHQrtFX.jpg

This should be the right place!

FBZBQQv.jpg

Who could it be?

cpNTxqS.jpg

Just some Robbers. Shame Morkar is low on AE, now I can't oneshot him with Ignifaxius :argh:.

5ruxl4b.jpg

We get some money from them, which is desperately needed!

TrrsXs2.jpg

Also a Crossbow for MicoSelva, that's better then the bow from Artherion.

hvKQLhh.jpg

Finally, we've arrived at Finsterkoppen! What adventures avait us there? Will we manage to find the Salamander Stone? Or will the spirit of Nevill stop up with his evil powers of "handel abschließen"? Find out next time!

Last edited:

Eriador

Arbiter
Those dwarves should fix their damn ceiling

Iq1Mtem.jpg

Last edited:

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 10: Underground Rain

QX89hkD.jpg

We are now in dwarven city of Finsterkoppen. Notice that it's raining, this will be important later.

LnpRHGC.jpg

Although this is a dwarven city, the furniture is human sized and you can barely see the innkeeper behind the bar.

oCsv7nT.jpg

Oh, I'm sure there we'll have no problems! You, on the other hand...

RFfUpLM.jpg

Jimmious gets into a drinking contest with some dwarven woman and it appears to end in a draw, but not for long...

SbtpCnW.jpg

Ok Jimmious, you've officially redeemed yourself. You're no longer the new Nevill!

rMIEaVj.jpg

The fierce rain is so strong that it seeps though the mountain and continues to fall underground. Seriously, those dwarves should fix their damn ceiling! :argh:

9pKFVLI.jpg

nxVuZz6.jpg

Those racist dwarves don't want MicoSelva in the inner city. They seem to have no problem with Reinhardt however, even though from what I've read, Druids and Witches also weren't allowed inside in the original. Guess they've changed it.

Q9C0Q8n.jpg

We turn MicoSelva into either an Eagle or a Wolf to trick the dwarves.

A0SCX6T.jpg

Now we don't have to split our party!

uNW8rUx.jpg

Iq1Mtem.jpg

As you can see, the city is very vulnerable to the elements, despite being situated inside a mountain. Those damn dwarves can't build anything right! :negative:

OZtbVZK.jpg

We continue to explore the underground city in spite of the heavy rainfall and visit a nearby Temple of Ingerimm after a recommendation by one of the citizens that the local priest knows everything about the mines here.

KyAXIZm.jpg

keAfkpm.jpg

9DV04VO.jpg

3RidRoT.jpg

It's guarded, eh? Well, we shall have to take it by force-

kYfUIhD.jpg

6kIkRmh.jpg

Well, that was easy!

mMhGFPA.jpg

It's still raining.

oKgmshM.jpg

We camp on the street and heal ourselves a bit.

qhBDKiG.jpg

lXPeVPj.jpg

Here's the entrance to the Dwarven Pit, but first, we'll go to the tavern and eat a bit to ensure we don't die of thirst inside that dungeon.

TG1idlz.jpg

Someone should probably turn the lights on.

3KW3omX.jpg

Gah! Who is this? Where is she? I can't see anything!

kWdxAt5.jpg

Well, we eat in complete darkness. Hopefully the darkess will end once we leave the tavern.

AWtL8sM.jpg

Guess not.

wit58ia.jpg

Maybe we are just tired and need to rest for a bit.

1Hrosdu.jpg

Nope! We should get out of this hellhole before we die of thirst.

S1hmd0J.jpg

Our trusty map saves us once again!

YDv9jSY.jpg

Unfortunately, we have to go back to that cursed place.

Xq3AbeH.jpg

Atleast it's not raining anymore.

o3sNlQy.jpg

ziv1kTJ.jpg

5kCGGXQ.jpg

h9puesW.jpg

That little brat actually dealt way more damage then that assassin in Gashok! :argh:

3lkouWv.jpg

Pfft, like you can talk. You should plug those holes in your ceiling already!

6Da2yJ5.jpg

Let's go inside!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom