Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Viata

Arcane
Hide is only fun if you can hide your whole party and rest so you don't rest outside battles and make your characters get old. Man, I'll be playing Wiz 6~8 until Cleve balance this game.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
twDsxr.png
Didn't know Cleve Blakemore was that important! :obviously:

The forces of decline come in all shapes and sizes and George Soros has very deep pockets.

Biggus

Scholar
Hide is only fun if you can hide your whole party and rest so you don't rest outside battles and make your characters get old. Man, I'll be playing Wiz 6~8 until Cleve balance this game.

How many times do you plan on playing those two? I think you'll be bored after the 127th run through each one.
"until"? nah, if you can't do it in 20+, if you are SOOOOOOOOOOO far off in that time, you aren't able to.

Do they get old? I wondered that myself given they have 'ages'. Wonder how old they get? Wonder how that might alter gameplay? I sleep a LOT, I guess I might find out, but man, I'll be mightily pissed if I am level 12 and my guys drop dead of old age.

Thinking about the age thing... my memory is a bit iffy, but I seem to recall that the games where your guys could get old and die, generally had a mechanic to bring new guys into the party, so you could easily bring them up to speed quickly and get them in the ballpark of the guys they were replacing. In other words, age was important, but it couldn't 'break' your game by effectively ruining your party, thus forcing a complete restart.

Kinda makes you worry a little.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

Congratulations to my friend Viata for not only being a doll and helping those of us out when needed but for putting the Codex out front in the gaming news yet again! Is there going to be a Codex interview too?

Thanks,
Sherry

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Viata

Arcane
How many times do you plan on playing those two? I think you'll be bored after the 127th run through each one.
Forever. Then may do the same with Grimoire.
Do they get old?
Ok, but what about resting outside battles and the characters getting too old to play? Is that a thing?
They just get old enough to be weak, less VIT and whatnot. It only matter if you plan to start your party in Wiz6 and go till the end of Wiz8 with them. Otherwise, that doesn't matter. They are supposed to die of old age, but that isn't something easier to do compared to old Wizadries. I guess if you play 600 hours the same game, rested after EVERY battle, then that may be possible.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Btw, I am pretty sure we didn't have CON losses from Raise Dead before. What triggers it?

I must've been built-in, because it happened before I finally updated to the latest version.

Viata

Arcane
Btw, I am pretty sure we didn't have CON losses from Raise Dead before. What triggers it?

I must've been built-in, because it happened before I finally updated to the latest version.
It didn't. New update, probably. Worse yet, there is no description about CON losses on Raise Dead unlike Ressurection, which implies that it's a new bug.
Edit: Just now saw the "latest version". Maybe it's from level x and above, or something like that.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I suppose it's a good thing that we don't actually know what CON does. Or has new information surfaced?

Viata

Arcane
I suppose it's a good thing that we don't actually know what CON does. Or has new information surfaced?
What is related to damage your char takes? I believe my strongest Berserk had the weakest CON and was the one that died the most. I don't know if it's related, though.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
What is related to damage your char takes? I believe my strongest Berserk had the weakest CON and was the one that died the most. I don't know if it's related, though.

I figured your armor score determined the amount of damage you take. I really have no clue what CON does.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
My CON should have been to 10 on most chars, so maybe it indeed is related to levelilng up. I've only lost CON from the past few times I've died.

Seems like Cleve broke the random encounters again.
Yeah, it's a bit weird that it's so fiddly. I assumed that it was as simple as setting a threshold for a random number.

He admitted using memory blobs for passing parameters... Who knows what kind of shit code he wrote for random encounters. Another thing - as i recall JIT compiler for AngelScript kinda buggy - so if he using JIT game will be broken.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Then it works like Kadorto and Di in early Wizardries maybe?, where characters loose 1 point of Vitality every time is revived.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom