Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

valcik

Arcane
Thanks Kyl Von Kull Viking bro!
I was worried something broke in Crafty's sfall after spotting latest 50 MB patch on NMA with people complaining about stuff as missing yellow skill crosshair and whatnot, so this is good news! Gonna repair my leather jacket stolen from raiders right now, it looks it's going to fall apart any moment. BRB

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Completed the game with most(ly) good endings for all locations; one thing the game needs is bring more NPCs back to Vault 8 after finishing the game so you can complete quests there; otherwise it was 10/10 Game; despite all the bugs and translation shortcomings.

Last edited:

LynkS

Novice
Completed the game with most(ly) good endings for all locations; one thing the game needs is bring more NPCs back to Vault 8 after finishing the game so you can complete quests there; otherwise it was 10/10 Game; despite all the bugs and translation shortcomings.
Is it playable in this state? Or should I wait for more "patches"?

valcik

Arcane
Or take a pair of cans from shelves at the same chinese farmer's house and attach it to the pole near mine entrance and "shake" it after and wait.
This might be broken. Tried to shake the Pole many times while waiting couple minutes, hours, and days - no dice.

KSfiSu1.png

The morals: no matter how hard you shake the Poles, they just refuse to do anything useful. Gonna get that expensive Chinese brahmin instead..

1.5 Resurrection seemed to utilize NOTHING new except to write new scripting into old assets.
Bollocks mate! There are new scenery objects, couple of new (recolors) critters, various new items in your inventory, and a lot of new weaponry in Resurrection.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Or take a pair of cans from shelves at the same chinese farmer's house and attach it to the pole near mine entrance and "shake" it after and wait.
This might be broken. Tried to shake the Pole many times while waiting couple minutes, hours, and days - no dice.

You need to run around the area in front of the pole after you shake it, then they pop up. That's what the ghoul means when he says they're attracted by dancing.

valcik

Arcane
Yes it worked! Started running around in circles after shaking the pole, and mutants appeared.
I take my comment back, poles are very useful! :)

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron

KSfiSu1.png

The morals: no matter how hard you shake the Poles, they just refuse to do anything useful. Gonna get that expensive Chinese brahmin instead..

1.5 Resurrection seemed to utilize NOTHING new except to write new scripting into old assets.
Bollocks mate! There are new scenery objects, couple of new (recolors) critters, various new items in your inventory, and a lot of new weaponry in Resurrection.
I didn't mean that to sound so harsh toward Resurrection, I thoroughly enjoyed it. However the difference between the two games with one feeling like an expansion and the other more like a whole new game is starkly and quickly noticeable. If someone didn't like 1.5 because it felt to samey or was just "meh" about it they should still give Nevada a try.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

KSfiSu1.png

I didn't mean that to sound so harsh toward Resurrection, I thoroughly enjoyed it. However the difference between the two games with one feeling like an expansion and the other more like a whole new game is starkly and quickly noticeable. If someone didn't like 1.5 because it felt to samey or was just "meh" about it they should still give Nevada a try.
so if fallout resurrection already blew my mind, nevada will make it blast trough space and time?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
The English is definitely good enough for the game to be playable. The first few towns that are already edited by native English speakers read better than Resurrection, and the later towns are equivalent or a bit worse, but still comprehensible.

If Resurrection blew your mind then Nevada will make you blow a load in your pants.

valcik

Arcane
Yep, the work-in-progress translation is the only drawback right now. Playable, with a couple of characters/objects/pip-boy entries still in Russian though.

The mod itself is a top-notch piece of work, well polished in every regard. Lumbering around end-game locations with level 18 character right now, haven't found any bugs with exception of messed up translated texts!

Excellent mapping. The locations are numerous, precisely designed with emphasis on details, exploration is really fun and much better done than in any other F2 modification I had played before. New scenery objects are beautiful, blending perfectly with original assets. You gonna love these broken windows and desolate sceneries in old pre-war places, or very unusual perspective (for olde Fallout) in couple of high altitude places. A lot of new and very nice audio tracks.

Very rich mod in terms of mechanics, crafting and functional food system added on top of good ole fallouty interactive world rife with skill-checks. Small details such as NPCs noticing new things in your gear are numerous and very refreshing. The further you go, the more details you'll notice, this mod is definitely a labour of love. Very good quest design with high variety of solutions and outcomes, some of them turned out to be hard nuts to crack so I'm still trying to figure out what to do in these.. The main storyline is not bad either, keeps me intrigued. The fluff stays mostly on tracks and true to canon set by olde Fallouts, with only one WTF moment for me so far.

tl;dr: Go and grab it as soon as you can, this is the best F2 total conversion I've played.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
How to Get rid of Mutants in Uranium City mines? Nelson tells you to dance which is less than helpful and standing with Dynamite in the centre of field is :retarded: advice (I tried to leave activated dynamite on the ground but it doesn't works neither)
Wut? Dance? I was responsible for half of Uranium City and never wrote anything like this.

You have several ways to deal with it. The safest is to buy a brahmin from chinese farmers(or persuade them), put Dynamite on it and kick it's arse to the mines to the ~north end of the caves. Or take a pair of cans from shelves at the same chinese farmer's house and attach it to the pole near mine entrance and "shake" it after and wait. Beware, they're very dangerous targets.
I haven't managed the other paths to this question either. I can do the cans, but trying to use Bessie so far results in her refusing to move or attacking me. Ive tried mining her with explosives before and during the mine and just get a "this is not an appropriate place to do that message" and if I kick her or cattle prod her she goes hostile and I can't do it either. Trying to make sure the multiple solutions to this question all work before checking with Dionis

valcik

Arcane
Try pushing the brahmin via context menu while wielding the cattle prod in your active hand instead of attacking it. This way it worked in Bridgeport for me and the same snippet of code might be in every script attached to any other brahmin in FN. Can't confirm it though since I lured mutants in Uranium City by sick tribal dance moves.

:dance:

Zer0wing

Cipher
True, brahmins should be pushed via "move" function, don't attack them. It's tedious part of the quest (not only this one's), but what would you expect from a cow?

Saduj

Arcane
I got pretty far into an earlier version of this mod years ago using the Google translation that was out at the time. I forgot how truly awesome it is. If anyone involved in making this mod is reading this thread, big thanks to you. Same goes to translation team.

My new play through has hit a bit of a road block due to a gap in the translation.

I'm up to the part in the main quest where I'm supposed to find Jay in Hawthorne. When I get there, Jay sends a message to my PIP. That message is completely in Russian and I have no idea what is says. When I check the quest status, the status hasn't changed - Find Jay in Hawthorne. I went into all the buildings in Hawthorne except the storage units and didn't see him. I don't mind having to search Hawthorne more thoroughly, but if the message tells me to find him somewhere else, I'd rather not waste my time. If someone could tell me what the point of that message is, I'd appreciate the help.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
RE finding Jay:

The letter explains how to meet him at Hawthorne. Pick up the radar jammer (I think it's inside the main facility at the base) then go to the second floor of the Hawthorne command center and use the jammer on the radar equipment at the south end of the building. Then jay shows up. Be prepared for a serious fight afterwards.

Whipping Post

Educated
Really want to play this but can't because every time I start a new char I'm trapped outside the vault's walls.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Really want to play this but can't because every time I start a new char I'm trapped outside the vault's walls.

You mean the very beginning? You need to go outside and collect data from all the little sensor things before you can move on. It requires some creative interaction with the environment. Just take a careful look around.

Are you having trouble opening the vault doors to get outside? Click the control panels.

Honestly, this is a fallout mod--some pixel hunting required.

Whipping Post

Educated

You mean the very beginning? You need to go outside and collect data from all the little sensor things before you can move on. It requires some creative interaction with the environment. Just take a careful look around.

Are you having trouble opening the vault doors to get outside? Click the control panels.

Honestly, this is a fallout mod--some pixel hunting required.

At game start I'm stuck in the earth area outside the vault walls. Not sure why this happens, but it appears the version of Nevada being hosted on the official Russian site is incompatible with the translation patch, and that I need to instead download the bundled Nevada-English version that was being hosted on NMA. Unfortunately, the download page is no longer accessible and it seems I'll have to wait for the dev to upload the new version before I can play Nevada.

Last edited:

valcik

Arcane
You have to examine doors/computers with binocular for hint:
The main vault entrance has to be closed tight before activating the blast door control panel in order to leave the vault.

Whipping Post

Educated
You have to examine doors/computers with binocular for hint:
The main vault entrance has to be closed tight before activating the blast door control panel in order to leave the vault.

I'm inside the earth itself, it's bugged. I'd post a screenshot but print screen isn't working either.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
ALL RIGHT, CREATING SHORT TUTORIAL:
Install mod from THIS LINK ONLY in Fallout 2 Folder (I always do that, ableit give the mods it's own folder as it is on default) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ze4poxu65tyqsb8/Fallout_Nevada_HD [1.02].exe?dl=0
Download the lastest translation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aspotmnn2qdmbix/Translation V0.1.zip?dl=0
Config the thing with config files from the mod folder.
Play using NevadaHD.
for the sake of convenience, this post should be copied into the OP.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Install mod from THIS LINK ONLY in Fallout 2 Folder (I always do that, ableit give the mods it's own folder as it is on default) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ze4poxu65tyqsb8/Fallout_Nevada_HD [1.02].exe?dl=0
Download the lastest translation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aspotmnn2qdmbix/Translation V0.1.zip?dl=0
Play using NevadaHD.

It is not so good anymore since there is new translation and I got few things wrong.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Play using NevadaHD.

It is not so good anymore since there is new translation and I got few things wrong.
then where is the new one?
OracleX are you still active? please update your OP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom