Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
NWN is a great game, Dragon Age is pretty poor, but the point you dimwits are apparently incapable of appreciating, is that there are lots of different types of RPGs out there with combat, and ALL of them have far more interesting varieties of it than Gothic.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
^ Says the noob that only played the OC and missed the whole point of the game.
:retarded:

It's like saying Skyrim was good beceause of mods.
Nothing matters except game they released, everything that players did does not matter.
NWN is one big pile of shit, some people say some Expansions were good, I myself do not know, but it doesn't change anything.

I'd like to stop this topic and speak of it no more, beceause your retardation is making me sick.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
^ Says the noob that only played the OC and missed the whole point of the game.
:retarded:

It's like saying Skyrim was good beceause of mods.

Nothing matters except game they released, everything that players did does not matter.
NWN is one big pile of shit, some people say some Expansions were good, I myself do not know, but it doesn't change anything.

I'd like to stop this topic and speak of it no more, beceause your retardation is making me sick.

You don't get to talk about retardation when you say it is like Skyrim with mods, you dumb little shit. At least wiki the game and learn the basics of what it was... And one of the expansions was brilliant.

hogcranker

Novice
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you didn't have an antfarm brain you would've referred to the expansion instead of the base game, like normal people with properly firing synapses do.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
If you didn't have an antfarm brain you would've referred to the expansion instead of the base game, like normal people with properly firing synapses do.
But the base game is good too. You don't get to talk about antfarm brains when you buy a game designed to have infinite modules and you play none of them.

RuySan

Augur
You people need to go play Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, a bunch of MMOs, look at all the various types of combat and class building in all the many games out there.

I hope you have this piece of wisdom tattooed on your forehead as a warning for everyone else

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It is wisdom though, you can't judge RPG combat until you at least played a bunch of different RPGs.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing this now... 6 hours according to Steam... and am I crazy or has the dialogue taken a massive dive here? In English, anyway. Risen 2 was a very flawed game but I still thought it had that PB wit and style to it. Not that they're amazing writers but they have that certain sarcastic cynicism I liked. This one seems much choppier and less interesting in that way. Reminds me of The Witcher 1, with it's seemingly roughly translated snark that doesn't quite work.

Other than that it seems like more Risen 2 so far, but maybe a tad better. I dislike musket combat but remember liking it in Risen 2, not sure if that's me or the game changing something. Switched to sword and pistol and it's fine, but not great. Islands are pretty and seem larger. We'll see how it goes.

Falksi

Arcane
I'm playing this now... 6 hours according to Steam... and am I crazy or has the dialogue taken a massive dive here? In English, anyway. Risen 2 was a very flawed game but I still thought it had that PB wit and style to it. Not that they're amazing writers but they have that certain sarcastic cynicism I liked. This one seems much choppier and less interesting in that way. Reminds me of The Witcher 1, with it's seemingly roughly translated snark that doesn't quite work.

Other than that it seems like more Risen 2 so far, but maybe a tad better. I dislike musket combat but remember liking it in Risen 2, not sure if that's me or the game changing something. Switched to sword and pistol and it's fine, but not great. Islands are pretty and seem larger. We'll see how it goes.

Yup. The dialogue went from funny, a bit silly, and unpredictable in 2 to bland & functional in 3.

Think they changed the controls on musket combat, and a few small changes made it feel far worse.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

11686.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
If anyone has been looking at this thread wondering if they should give Risen 3 a try, I would highly recommend Risen 3 Real Enhanced Edition Mod. Added a good amount of challenge to the game, changed some mechanics, changed enemy AI and improved the visuals. I tried it a couple years back when I was desperate and jonesing for ELEX and had a decently fun time with it. I've actually been considering returning to it sometime. There were some definite positive aspects to it, though very much so a shadow of the former glory of the studio. Would love to get some other opinions on this mod.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If anyone has been looking at this thread wondering if they should give Risen 3 a try, I would highly recommend Risen 3 Real Enhanced Edition Mod. Added a good amount of challenge to the game, changed some mechanics, changed enemy AI and improved the visuals. I tried it a couple years back when I was desperate and jonesing for ELEX and had a decently fun time with it. I've actually been considering returning to it sometime. There were some definite positive aspects to it, though very much so a shadow of the former glory of the studio. Would love to get some other opinions on this mod.

Wish I knew about that before I started, but honestly doesn't seem like a WHOLE lot there? Also I have zero issues with the graphics, the game looks pretty amazing to me. I'm playing on "hard" and the enemy AI is pretty aggressive. If you don't parry and roll the enemies will just keep pounding you until you're fucking dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom