Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Drax

Arcane
So according to rumours 1.3 is what the game should have been a year ago, this is the 'original' vision

zPPF156.png

So, basically procedural Stargate Atlantis?

Balor

Arcane
Based on reviews that seems to be rather unbiased (as in - unaffected by initial hype and hence not expecting the 'greatest game EVAR'), the game has some genuinely fun moments... buried in a sea of boredom and badly designed UI.
Space combat and inventory management seems to take the most flak, as well as overall lack of polish.

Perkel

Arcane
BTW @ GDC Sean said that they run out of money (so they probably had to release game early) which kind of explains why those "updates" basically bring content that was advertised before release of game.
Played it for some time (with newest update) and "game" is actually better now.

Imo what it needs now to be good game is actual "presence" and what i mean by that is objects,enemies etc. should be flying around regardless of you and not spawn just in when you show up.

Stokowski

Arcane
Fucking hell, the rating for this game on STEAM is like 32%, I know it was a big disappointment but is it really THAT bad?

When I started to read this I thought you were about to flip out wondering how it got a score so high.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The 1.3 finaly works properly, and you can see it is polished now. This is what should be on release, gonna start playing now.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
It doesn't look half-bad now. Saw a recent video of the combat on youtube and at least I didn't want to drop from a great height on the developers a stack of moldy old Arthur C. Clarke hardcovers like I do when I see combat in some of these space sim games. Right now I'm being led to believe it's kind like a big beautiful Starflight but with so much eye candy and bells & whistles that it will cause you to spooge in your exo-boxers. Of course the only sure way to find out is to play the latest version. The fact that people are still buying this must be a good sign... or not. I'm happy the developers didn't just take the money and run after all. They appear to be actually using that money to improve their game. Good for them and for not letting all the bad press and negative initial response get to them.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Considering most of the developers are 35 or younger it wouldn't bode well for them to simply abandon the project if they want to continue working in the industry.

Vorark

Erudite
What is this game exactly about? You fly around and discover new planets?

Doma

Augur
I started up a new game after the 1.3 update.

Gotta say, its relaxing. Just exploring and following the main story.
Think I will play it some more thank you very much!

If only it didnt have a complete dogshit flightmodel.

Coming from Elite Dangerous + VR + HOTAS to this is rough...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom