Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It goes away over time, just takes really long.

bataille

Arcane
Is there a way to disable/fix the stamina mechanic yet? I want to continue from where I stopped a week ago, but the thought of resting every 20 spaces makes me reluctant.

rickralsten

Educated
Any reason to NOT sell the Death Mask for 900 gold? It's a cursed item and it seemed to kill my character. :P

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Made a quick map of the first "zone", aka the Super Demo area:

mppMhB7.png

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Meh, shoulda taken a Sage. Lots of spells that I don't have at all.

How many pieces of the Bell are there? I've found three but can't find any more. Nor can I merge them...

One in Loch Lalain, two in Loch Titan

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
What do you do with Alonzo Sangursu (bones + coin)? Is it only useful after Lalain Falls?

Is there a way to disable/fix the stamina mechanic yet? I want to continue from where I stopped a week ago, but the thought of resting every 20 spaces makes me reluctant.

I recently discovered that the true purpose of food in this game is to refill your stamina bar, it's cheap, plentiful, and quite handy for that.

Viata

Arcane
Meh, shoulda taken a Sage. Lots of spells that I don't have at all.

How many pieces of the Bell are there? I've found three but can't find any more. Nor can I merge them...

One in Loch Lalain, two in Loch Titan
Last one is in Sargasso of the Kraken.

Viata

Arcane

I recently discovered that the true purpose of food in this game is to refill your stamina bar, it's cheap, plentiful, and quite handy for that.
They also helps to cure from disease.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
What is the point of "Crow's Nest?"

How to open the locked door(s) in "Smuggler's Hideout"?

Is the "Dead Ringer Chart" supposed to do something?

In Zephyr Isles, there are two things that I haven't figured out yet:

MnGndVH.jpg

Detect Magic goes off at the "something", searching finds nothing, no switches nada.

Can't read the runes, even with all my skills being super high.

Viata

Arcane
I don't think anyone knows the first two questions.
If you have that Admiral in your party, he can read that chart, or so someone said it here. It's to find those bell instead of Detect Secret.
I can't also read the runes and the same happened to me with that "something", maybe you use some item there.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
this is how to find out whats at that southern 'something' spot:
When you talk to neriad, she says how nick was attacked by pirates, and that he knows where everything is
when you find nick, it says how hes injured and in bad shape so you have to use the heal NPC option 3 or 4 times
then nick lets you in on something thats located there
Black Pierres buried treasure, has one or two unique items i haven't found a use for yet

Tigranes

Arcane
I feel like I'm missing something re. Crowl stuff.

I killed Hobknob and the Lich, I found Mistral's body and interred him in the Catacombs and spoke with his ghost, I entered the inner Tomb showing nonorthodox depictions of St George, and I explored all other areas like Sky Barge except for Samhain Gorge. Yet I have no concrete proof or trail against Argosyre, I still can't find that bloody broach, and I can't meet Captain Krone since I've not seen a whiff of the 'expedition'.

Am I supposed to just keep traveling on for now?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I feel like I'm missing something re. Crowl stuff.

I killed Hobknob and the Lich, I found Mistral's body and interred him in the Catacombs and spoke with his ghost, I entered the inner Tomb showing nonorthodox depictions of St George, and I explored all other areas like Sky Barge except for Samhain Gorge. Yet I have no concrete proof or trail against Argosyre, I still can't find that bloody broach, and I can't meet Captain Krone since I've not seen a whiff of the 'expedition'.

Am I supposed to just keep traveling on for now?
Since you decided, for whatever reason, not to
explore Samhain Gorge,
you've missed a vast amount of content.

As for Krone,
you should have found a Signet Ring in the Pit of Hobknob, providing evidence of the expedition's demise.

Tigranes

Arcane
I thought going that way would lead me to a different hub and a different area, really. I guess I'll go through it now.

Yes, I found the trinket, but I didn't realise what it was for, silly me.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm not supposed to fight
the Samhain Horror
, right? What am I doing wrong?

Oh god, this is so stupid. The beast kills every mage in my party before anyone can act, then my fastest character reads 'Hold Monsters' scroll. That paralyzes the Horror indefinitely, so my ranger kills it very slowly with Caliburnus, because nothing else seems to be able to hit it.
And my eyeperson doesn't get experience, because raise dead spell doesn't work in combat for whatever reason.
Uuuuggghhh.

Magic screen and armorplate give a reasonable chance to survive until the bard steps in :)
This advice probably saved me from an aneurysm today.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Anyone use backstab on their Thief or Ranger? I was thinking of getting both (rerolling) so I could multiclass both to Assassin later, but not sure if backstab and stealth are worth investing in. I tried hiding a couple times on my ranger and he failed every time and has about 20 in stealth. You have to take a turn and hide and then you can backstab right? Can you backstab with swords or other weapons?

Dominae

Educated
Anyone use backstab on their Thief or Ranger? I was thinking of getting both (rerolling) so I could multiclass both to Assassin later, but not sure if backstab and stealth are worth investing in. I tried hiding a couple times on my ranger and he failed every time and has about 20 in stealth. You have to take a turn and hide and then you can backstab right? Can you backstab with swords or other weapons?

I gave up on stealth for now. It barely ever seemed to work. Even when fighting one creature that was asleep, paralyzed and almost dead - no one could reliably hide from it. On the few times hide DID work, backstab didn't seem to fire. I assume its like lethal blow, and just "goes off"? If its just a flat increase in damage then I didn't even notice, and/or my thief was "no penetrate" too much regardless.

So, it seems pretty useless in normal play. Especially since bard/sage CC spam and just poudning things to death with melee works so well.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

is there a way around Samhain Underworld as I was warned by a dwarf the reason the chasm was blown to keep the dark creatures from rushing out and Cleve has mentioned there are multiple ways to completing quests so what is the safest way around this region without going through it and using the little stepping stones as I would like to keep these horrors locked away forever. I read there is an airship you can get to by using a helmet with wings will this airship get you over the mountains and to the area you might come out from the underground portion so I can continue forward?

Thanks,
Sherry

Haru

Savant
I find new 2-handed weapons (Stormbringer, Massacre) -- but when I equip then -- the action prompts are: Bite, Claw, Punch, Kick? Is it a STR requirement? Bug? Unsure why it's not working.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom