Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELMINAGE ORIGINAL COMING TO 3DS (localized!)

duanth123

Arcane
Played for about 30 minutes.

Translation seems much cleaner this time around. Interface also feels smoother in terms of button delay.

Not only that but the bottom screen shows your inventory in the shop menu, which makes organization much less tedious.

There's a mini map on the bottom screen that's a nice little addition, though it's a little small given the amount of screen still available.

Overall, feels like the best version of E:O.

Last edited:

Guygrim

Novice
duanth123

Good to hear it's more polished up.

I'm liking it so far, after the easy intro dungeon I've proceeded to Mauria Forest and met a Centaur. Didn't end well for me, nor did the story fight.

My party is:
Front: Valkyrie, Priest, Samurai
Back: Hunter, Bishop, Alchemist

duanth123

Arcane
duanth123

Good to hear it's more polished up.

I'm liking it so far, after the easy intro dungeon I've proceeded to Mauria Forest and met a Centaur. Didn't end well for me, nor did the story fight.

My party is:
Front: Valkyrie, Priest, Samurai
Back: Hunter, Bishop, Alchemist

Yeah I've got

Valk, Brawl, Cleric
Thief, Mage, Alch

You can donate to the church for 1:1 XP, so I plan on just leveling a Bish in the Tavern until he gets some spells under his belt.

Guygrim

Novice
The dual screens really make this so convenient.

Just wish there wasn't an automap.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've never played an Elminage game before (I bought Gothic on Steam but never got around to playing it), but this looks really cool. Thanks for the heads-up.

Guygrim

Novice
Anytime I blacksmith an armor or weapon it will turn yellow and not show up in the selection screen anymore for upgrading.

Can you only blacksmith an item once?

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Anytime I blacksmith an armor or weapon it will turn yellow and not show up in the selection screen anymore for upgrading.

Can you only blacksmith an item once?

yeah you can only put 1 ore(would be insane otherwise). your alchemist get better % when he lvl and he can eventually remove the ore if you want to put something else.

Guygrim

Novice
Truly this game is for true gamers.

Failed to disarm a mimic chest. Game crashes!!?

First time I've had a game crash on my 3DS. Must be intended mechanic. That mimic chest.

Guygrim

Novice
Making my way through the final story dungeon and have gathered a few gems called: 'Sanity'.

No AP on them for alchemists. I'm guessing they must be used for reverting an item back to its default values? I can't confirm because my alchemist is only lvl 17.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Guygrim

alchemists aquire the ability to remove enchantments off gear when they reach class mastery, which i think was like level 24 or 25, maybe 26.

one "exploit" (not really, but it is never documented in-game) is that you can sell enchanted items to the Shop and buy them back and they will no longer be enchanted, thus allowing re-enchanting gear without needing the alchemist to use that mastery ability i mentioned.

btw, after finishing off the final story dungeon in E: Original the game does actually continue in a special dungeon area that you need to unlock by completing a final task.

the final task is a pain in the ass and i recommend just googling it; basically it requires you to go to 6 specific dungeons and go to a coordinate in each one and press the confirm button and then a text will pop up asking if you wish to pray to that dungeon's god, which you then do and after doing it in the 6 required dungeons and this will then take you to the portal doorway which connects the world of Elminage with the "Old World".

The Old World is where the demons in the story come from and it is where you'll be fighting, if you're man enuff for it, the actual gods of the game and also be having your final fucking showdown with the Demon Party rivals.

(if i remember correctly i think they will be the same dungeons where you initially find the 6 story rings while playing; which is what the FAQ i recommended you find will tell you as the actual coordinates for the hidden altars are supposedly random).

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
personally as much as I love all things Elminage I recommend simply going straight to E: Gothic and playing that game instead first and doing it's post-game content which is much, much better than the Old World in E: Original.

I'd hate for someone to "burn out" grinding through the steep Old World initiation (enemy difficulty will spike astronomically) and get bored and decide to play something else.

unlike E: Original the "post game" content in E: Gothic is actually not hidden at all and once you finish the last story dungeon in Gothic the game will automatically lead you into the three huge, huuuugely satisfying dungeons which will also continue telling the story of E: Gothic, btw, and It actually amounts to simply being a continuation of the game instead of being "post game" content (as neither the game nor the story ever actually end and the game itself leads you into the final three post-game dungeons).

these final 3 dungeons in E: Gothic are so huge and so well designed they will literally take you across the same "length" of game content you've already gone through and they happen to be 3 of the best Wiz-clone dungeons I've had the pleasure of playing through. (Especially the actual final dungeon, good ole' Ibag's Tower).

i dunno maybe I'm making them out to be more epic than they are all I know is completing Elminage Gothic's post game dungeons is like the coolest thing i've ever done.

You can then do what I did and do E: Original's post-game dungeon later on, after finishing E: Gothic 3 or 4 times. :D

Guygrim

Novice
aweigh

I just finished Elminage Original, will come back to the post game later.

First let me add that I just recently got into the classic Wizardry blobber. A little bit ago I played through the dos version of Wizardry 6. Enjoyed it enough to want to experience original Wizardry 1-5. Then played through the SNES version of Wizardry 1, and started Wizardry Empire 2(thanks for the translation MrRichard999).

I'm so engrossed into this type of game right now. Although I have played Etrian Odyssey 3 before, which I think is bloated with much more game mechanics and a slower progression that I ended up stopping past halfway through. It's not a bad game, it just feels too slow for me. So when I decided to play Wiz 1, wow I REALLY enjoyed how it's a distilled dungeon crawler. Nothing added to extend the game. It's the very essence of a dungeon crawler, the core that many developers try adding to with and without success.

Anyways, about Elminage Original.

I ended up using the Flamberge on my Valkyrie the ENTIRE GAME. My fault because I got a super rare drop in an early dungeon and didn't know how great of a weapon it really was. It was the Lightning Sword. One hand, use as item to do lightning damage to a single enemy. In the final few floors of the last dungeon, after it finally dawned on me I needed more AC for my front line, I replaced the Flamberge, and wore the Lightning Sword, and +1 Knights Shield. OH MAN, this sword and shield changed my Valkyrie into an entirely different beast! I also made another mistake that plagued me the entire game, and hamstringed my hunter. Not finding any other bow other than the longbow, I equipped an Iron Boomerang on her. Then I spent about 80% of my game not realizing she wasn't using pursuit... Figured this out after I completed the final dungeon but still had to beat the boss. She NEEDS a bow to use pursuit. Farmed one of the floors for a bow drop and OH MAN the Exorcist Bow changed my Hunter into a Hunter and not a ranged Thief reject! *facepalm* The loot is great, when you actually get it, wish there was more though. I might find out how I can do loop 2 of the game to increase the rare item drop rate.

I was a little disappointed with the maps. After Wiz 1 and playing just the first dungeon of Wizardry Empire 2, the maps in E:O are pretty basic. They are pretty much just 'maps' without much maze to them. Between the first dungeon and the final story dungeon there wasn't any map that particularly stood out to me. The automap feature doesn't help. When it's their, I'll use it, but I enjoyed Wizardry without automap. Automap ruins any maze. That said, the final story dungeon was the most enjoyable, the map wasn't super difficult but it was fun to move through. Now I didn't have to explore every dungeon. This free form progression was nice and different. I do enjoy a more focused progression of dungeons though.

Here are the problem enemies I encountered early game.
  • Demon Valkyrie: Arrive early enough that they devastate my party. High status recovery rate. Can attack my squishy back row, first encounters they one-shot. Avoided them after awhile.
  • Lizard Man: A less dangerous version of the Demon Valkyrie, can devastate the back row.
  • Dryad: Powerful magical one shots.
  • Charming Lips: Although I didn't encounter them that often, super annoying with Charm Breath.

So this list doesn't go super long, Whirlwind Efreet, Centaur, Ant Lion(inverts party row), Mind Trapper. Most of the threat goes away when you get sufficient levels, health, and can one shot them.

Onto the late stage enemies which you can't one shot.
  • Arch Priest: Casts row instant death spell, heals entire party and single party member to full. Shoutout to Soul Slave!
  • Salome: Hnnnng! Only has two spells, Enterook Mista and Rapinto(lower magic resist). Which means she casts Enterook Mista on turn one, A LOT. Party wipes.
  • Greater Homunculus: Lots of health, -16 AC, breaks your gear, casts Raglass, looks creepy...
  • Lamia: Annoying to deal with, casts Stoma amongst other things and has lots of health and AC and starts in the back row.
  • Greater Demon: Most annoying monster! Like the cockroaches they call for aid infinitely. I just avoided fighting these guys. Rabalad would destroy my back row, who has little resists. I would cast Mahamaha to guarantee escape and my sanity.
  • Succubus: Likes to cast Zeo Nadar, charm party, and has a level drain physical attack. I kept a buffer monster alive in the first row so that I wouldn't have to deal with the level drain.

Final dungeon has abundant enemies with breath attacks. Once I learned how to deal with breath attacks(HP based) those types of encounters were easier, unless they moved before my party turn one. I have to mention Dragon Lord(guy is a beast, use Psi Breath!), Labor Lord(this guy is fun to watch), and the Phoenix(which I stumbled upon exploring the volcano, which I didn't need too since I already had all the keys).

My party at the end was:

Front: Valkyrie, Cleric, Samurai
Back: Alch/Ninja, Hunter, Alchemist

Levels in the early 20's and my Dwarf Cleric was level 27 with the highest health. You know about my Valkyrie and Hunter already but my Cleric was the center of my party. Had the innocent shield and cloak for most of the game until I replaced the shield with a Holy Guard in the final dungeon, near the end. Survived the most, had the best resists, and between the Valkyrie and Cleric I wasn't at a loss for healing. He was a tank in the front row, my Valkyrie took the throne at the end though. The Samurai rocked the Helm Splitter rare drop that I found in the first dungeon for most of the game. Later he dual wielded the Ceremonial Katana and some trash Katana that you find in chests all the time. His magic was a life saver, Diomente, Robuti, and Enterook Mista. Diomente is a MUST. I started with a Bishop instead of the Ninja. As time went on the Bishop's usefulness waned and I rolled a Werebeast Alchemist with 37 bonus points! Took no time at all to get that roll btw. I would swap out the new alchemist with my main one until I could class change them into a Ninja. Then they became a permanent party member along with my pure Alc. Although just sitting in the back row, I had got a Kunai drop and just had the Ninja use that, with a behead rate of only 18.7% it was rare but still useful. All the alchemist spells also came in handy. My main Alchemist was just that, pure, very useful, very squishy.

I didn't get many rare items at all, nor even lvl 26 with my characters to unlock their skills. Overall though I enjoyed Elminage Original. Sometime I plan on playing through the post game.

For now aweigh I plan on moving onto Gothic. I have some questions about stats/resists that I'll ask in another thread.

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
there really isnt much grinding in originals post game. certain enemies drop shit ton of gold on top of xp you can use to level your party as you see fit. Then there is the gods that require lot of luck and strategy if you want to fight. All in all you can everything post game has to offer in a very short amount of time. Whether you want to invest time to beat all the gods and the secret super duper boss is the question. I would play gothic after original.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
personally as much as I love all things Elminage I recommend simply going straight to E: Gothic and playing that game instead first and doing it's post-game content which is much, much better than the Old World in E: Original.

I'd hate for someone to "burn out" grinding through the steep Old World initiation (enemy difficulty will spike astronomically) and get bored and decide to play something else.

unlike E: Original the "post game" content in E: Gothic is actually not hidden at all and once you finish the last story dungeon in Gothic the game will automatically lead you into the three huge, huuuugely satisfying dungeons which will also continue telling the story of E: Gothic, btw, and It actually amounts to simply being a continuation of the game instead of being "post game" content (as neither the game nor the story ever actually end and the game itself leads you into the final three post-game dungeons).

these final 3 dungeons in E: Gothic are so huge and so well designed they will literally take you across the same "length" of game content you've already gone through and they happen to be 3 of the best Wiz-clone dungeons I've had the pleasure of playing through. (Especially the actual final dungeon, good ole' Ibag's Tower).

i dunno maybe I'm making them out to be more epic than they are all I know is completing Elminage Gothic's post game dungeons is like the coolest thing i've ever done.

You can then do what I did and do E: Original's post-game dungeon later on, after finishing E: Gothic 3 or 4 times. :D

bah the post game isn't that bad, the only thing you need to be careful maybe is for monster like vampire lord and demon lord who can cast enterook mista and if we played with a shaman I bet this wouldn't be a problem.

Guygrim

Novice
Don't try to remove a Mimic trap from chests!

It will always crash your 3DS if you fail! Use the Alchemist lvl 9 spell 'High Portal' instead to be safe.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
The reason I had a different experience upon entering originals postage area is that I playthru original after beating Gothic entire postage including the not so secret final incarnation boss. When I then began playing thru original I had literally just finished coming out of the equivalent of an rpg gamers true dark night of the soul... I had seen hell, stared it in the eye and spit down its throat.

By comparison the story dungeons difficulty in original were so tame by comparison to the ultimate dungeoneering apotheosis of Gothic dungeon design that I literally breezed thru all originals story dungeons, including dragons fanf, without ever really having to do much besides hit auto battle in every encounter, as I was rolling with optimally min maxed and power gamed characters and using strategies for end game party composition learned the hard way from the literally hundreds of hours of Gothic play experience.

It resulted in me beating every single encourage in dragons fang using auto battle, yes, including the bosses, and then when I reached old world and the enemy difficulty jumped dramatically I found I was extremely underleveled and was not using as much enchanted gear as I could've been, since midway thru I realized the story dungeons were so easy that I simply stopped bothering to grind up levels or seek out ores for enchanting.

That is why the old world area literally required me to grind like 20 levels judt to have enough hp to shrug off vamp lord Entercom mistas, and or have gear with appropriate enchantments.

In Gothic there is no spike like that because the story dungeons are impeccably paced and the entirety of the play experience will always guarantee you'll rarely ever need to grind more than 5 levels or so when needed as unlike original, in Gothic each story dungeon is carefully crafted to sleekly make sure that u r party is properly geared and let level by the time of completing it and moving on to the next one.

Just yet another example of how elmi Gothic is, imo, the single best designed true rpg I've ever had the pleasure to experience with perfectly designed encounters and the best itemization and loot progression EVER in any rpg.

Sawyer would do well to play elmi Gothic and take note of its itemization as it simply has no competition in at least that regard.

Guygrim

Novice
aweigh

Having delved a little into the post game dungeon, I'm extremely underleveled. Vampire Lords and a couple other monsters just destroy my entire party. I'll probably have to grind levels in the last story dungeon... ugh.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Guygrim

dragon's fang enemy avg level (according to the in-game bestiary available by pressing the "select" key and opening the "configuration/extra stuff" menu, which is also where the save command is located will tell u the following:

- DF avg level of enemies = 20-27

- Old World (place you basically enter immediately upon clearing DF, i.e. i'm saying you will be at the same levels you were upon clearing the very, very, very, VERY EASY dragon's fang dungeon)... = 40-50 in 1st floor of the Old World area map.

OW has 3 "floors", and a final 4th area which isn't really a "floor" but a hidden area you access only after defeating Dukes of Hell awaiting to test ur might, Mortal Kombat-style, in the 3rd "floor" area of the old world.

expect a jump of 10-15 levels upon entering each successive floor/area of the E: Original's Old World, meaning that you'll be facing in the 1st floor...

- enemies levelled 40-50, whereas your party that just cleared the DF will almost definitely be around 25-30, or maybe less as in my case where I only had half my chars in the 20-level range, and the rest 18-19 or so, as I found the story dungeons very easy with proper party (i.e. using 1 or 2 ninjas, who are broken beyond belief in E: Original because they super-easily and super-fast reach BEHEADING rate percetanges that go above 50%...

...whereas in E: Gothic ninja behead rate is capped at 50 percent per individual hand/weapon, and even then you will only be reaching those percentages by the time you've gone thru approximately 70-90 hours of gaming (i.e. cleared all story dungeons and are probably mid-way thru 1st post-game dungeon).

there are ways to have close to 90% behead rates in E: Gothic as +2 Ores allow enchanting higher than 50% on the very few unique wepons you'll begin to (maybe) find in post-game that come with 10% behead rate already.

and you will NOT be getting +2 ores before post-game. guaranteed. unless you grind for hours in volcano dungeon where you have like, 5% chance of getting a +2 Ore there... er, NOT worth the hassle.

er, uh, my point was basically that in E: Original the post-game enemies literally are 20-25 levels above the 1st time player's party upon entering the area; and it's a VERY rude wakeup call.

in e: GOTHIC it's completely the opposite as the progression is MASTERFULLY handled and the balance of acquiring increasingly better loot/useful "Uniques" (not that there is only 1 of them but that they come with VERY SPECIFIC enchantments or "special properties" that make them very useful although USUALLY they will not feature impressive DMG ratios; and also "unique" in that these will either have level 3 rarity for dropping AND/OR only be acquired by the player if they have a MASTER level Thief (26+) with mastery ability which turns Thief from almost worthless class to arguably one of the TOP 5 most useful with the ability to STEAL the gear Humanoid-type enemies are using against you.

This not only means that you'll be able to use said Thief char to steal "unique"-type weapons (mostly weapons, can't remember off-hand any armor-type gear worth stealing, besides maybe a cloak or two in IBag's tower or maybe a +3 or +4 Element Charm or a Rainbow Charm (rainbow charm gives +200 % to both ATK and DEF percentages for all 4 of the "elements"; i.e. OOOOOH PEEEEEEEEE).

...secondly and perhaps much more important: this also means that said Thief char can COMPLETELY NULLIFY "humanoid-type" enemies in the post-game dungeons (or the final 2 story dungeons, volcano and sanctum, which is around the time they'll reach MASTERY level) by outright removing those items from the enemies and they'll be COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF ATTACKING PROPERLY OR DEFENDING as they'll lose their Armor Class bonuses (you steal their armor) or inflicting any considerable DMG (they are using their fists now).

In the post game dungeons there is nothing more satisfying than running into very, very dangeorus enemies wielding weapons like Emperor's Axe or a Death Bone Axe or ninja/samurai types coming at you with weapons that are extremely good at dealing dmg and at beheading such as the samurai-type enemies in the CAve of the Ancients who are wielding NAMED SWORDS, which are btw one of the TOP 5 best 1-handed KATANA-type swords in the game and are only acquried by stealing them from those said samurai-type enemies (the game has those weapons flagged as "not to spawn in chests").

many other examples but you get the idea ;)

Seriously, just begin Gothic right now mate. I very much recommend doing so and, this coming strait from the <3 bro, you frankly owe it to yourself to begin experiencing the best modern Wizardry-clone (btw, Elminage games are made by ex-Wizardry developers) that will EVER come around.

The Elminage games are the true and only real successors to classic Wizardry and you will not find a better evolution and sophistication of the fundamental Wizardry-blueprint and foundation than in the Elminage games... combined with organic additoins like the Alchemy/Enchantment system (which fits like a fucking glove into the ripped-straight-from-Wizardry 5 game mechanics) you'd think sometimes that ALL Wiz games had such a system, as it fits so naturally into the scheme that you outright forget classic Wiz never had such a thing!! hehe.

In fact, AFTER playing thru Elmi Gothic (and, to a lesser extent, Original), I went back and replayed Wiz 1-5 both the SNES versions and after finishing those I fucking went and motherfucking played thru Wiz 1-5 (skpped 4) the PSX/PS1 versions.

After having delved so deep into Elminage game mechanics, AND also after then playing the Elmi devs previous games, the OFFICIAL and 100% CANON series Wizardry Empire 1-3 games, and delving soul-deep into THOSE games' mechanics as well... countless days/weeks of poring over the translated japanese Wiki/FAQs for each Elmi/Wiz-Empire game and poring over and over thru documents that detailled the (not originally available) under-the-hood systems and mechanics of the Wizardry scenarios 1-5 (6-8 are not real wiz games, btw, although 6 and 8 are very good RPGs, but they are not real Wizardry);--

--well, frankly speaking, I could then appreciate to a nigh-retarded autism level the unbelieble grace and simple artistry that comprise the Wiz 1-5 gameplay systems and their underlying mechanics and how everything dovetails into each other in a perfectly symbiotic "relationship", with 1 thing allowing a 2nd thing to function while simultaenously operating as an independent 3rd thing which then ties dynamically (and sometimes subtly) with the 1st thing and the 6th thing and then you suddenly realize that even the 6th thing would not be the 6th thing if the 2nd thing wasn't born from the 1st thing, so on and so forth.

to be blunt, Wiz 5 (the pinnacle of "western Wizardry" games in terms of dungeon design, encounter design, itemization and its design/progression and all the other gears turning in conjunction to move the giant machine foward) is literally a "proto-Elminage"; and this becomes crystal clear when you play elminage devs (Starfish SD from hereon) Wizardry Empire games, of which I recommend immediately downloading and playing the 2nd one which is/was translated into English by codexers MrRichard999 and Helly, as it is...

...quite simply...

the single best Wizardry game ever made.

NOTHING compares to the stunning work that is Starfish SD's Wiz Empire 2 (pc version was the one translated, of course, and to boot it is the definitive ver of the game). It features the most devilish but at the same time intelligently designed Wiz-dungeons in ANY Wiz game (I say this because, personally, Wiz 4 dungeons while being INARGUABLY the most complex and genius-level designed dungeons in the Wiz series, they are also unfortunately intentionally designed as "actively hostile" to the player); whereas the dujngeons in Wiz Empire 2 are NOWHERE NEAR as complex or as deep as the Wiz 4 dungeons (few are; the Wiz 4 dungeons, in their hellishness, are also the best crafted dungeons from ANY dungeon crawling blobber.

ever.)-- while not being as complex as those they fortunately were designed to not be actively hostile to the player and instead each room is simply a giant puzzle room consisting of 20x20 (same as wiz 4 dungeons, that are also basically the same description) except they were masterfully "balanced" to provide perfect mix of "hellish design" and "hey, we DO want the players to beat the game, so, uh, ok here's a hidden door that lets u warp back to town!".

"Yes, yes we know we JUST made you fall 3 floors deep from where u were because we devlishly decided to put INVISIBLE "rails" that before-you-could-blink steered you straight into a floor chute that promptly deposited you 3 levels down and now you are stuck in the middle a floor that is now suddenly has the walls bleeding and all the enemies are 10 levels above you and YES. YES! WE KNOW!

ITS UNFAIR! ...but, hey, remmebre that spell for viewing hidden shit? remember it!? now get ur shit together mate, make sure to run from the fights u can't win WHICH WILL BE ALL OF THEM LEWL, and try, oh please do try (insert dev cackle here) to make it back to town in 1 piece! like we said... SOMEWHERE there is a town-warp! but... i hear rumors that it's probably inside a dark zone...

(insert 2nd cackle followed by choking as jap dev eats dorits and mt dew regardless of the fact they did not exist meme-wise in the years wiz empire 2 was made and/or the fact japs don't eat that shit)"

..."oh, and also, be sure not to bump into walls in the dark zone as i think somebody forgot to remove the WALL-BOMBS, i.e. walls that explode and dmg ur party when u bump into them HAHAHARHARHAR desu desu kawaaaiii"

tl;dr WIZARDRY AND ELMINAGE 4 EVA

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Why the focus on the postgame content, asking as someone who hasn't played an Eliminage game? Is the actual campaign a bit of a wet blanket and the real meat is supposed to be afterwards?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
in case of Original (Elminage: Original), i would say post-game is completely skippable and unnecessary. it is, like MOST/MAJORITY of "post-game" content in RPGs, simply an opportunity to continue gaining levels/loot but providing no further incentive for the player.

however the reason I ride the dick of E: Gothic's post-game sooooooo hard is because it is NOT like "most/majority of post-game content in RPGs"; it is the complete opposite and I am a tiny bit saddened it is even labled as "post-game" as it is simply the game...

...continuing...

...it never STOPS. the fucking king just tells you oh great warriors etc u have beaten dat Cyclonus dude well done well now i got news for u baby, the kingdom has its REAL THRET!! THEYT REVELAED THEIR TROO FACE!

here faggots marked on ur map some new shit to go explore and btw everything those thing-shits whatever packed (at least in case of 2nd and 3rd "post" dungeons) with lore/plot/story events/npcs that continue to further develop the story.

(yes, the "story" is flimsy, sparse, and not really the point whatsoever of these games but my point stands tall and firm as these dungeons simply serve to continue giving you... more of the game including ALL the incentives you have been getting already: story (such as it is), QUESTS (probably almost more quests in the 3 post dungeons of E: GOthic than in all the previous "story" dungeons), and oh, btw, did u think you'd seen all our loot?

...did u? you finished final story dungeon and you have like 500 items unlocked now in ur item compendium?

BITCH OUR ITEM LIST IS 917 AND THE REST AWAIT IN THESE NEW DUNGEONS> GET OUTTA MY SITE FUCKBOI

- teh king

EDIT: er, yes, what u said. in case of original NO, story dungs are the meat of the game; in case of Gothic the story dungs are the GAME'S TUTORIAL.

I finished story dungeon final (beat Cyclonus dude) at hour mark 61, party levels hovering in the 60's range, maybe 1 fag or two lagging behind with levels in the late 50's.

...when I finally finished conquering the TWENTY FLOORS of Ibag's Tower and defeated the chained Giant (story spoiler) and faced off with Incarnation (story spoiler) and managed to make it out alive with the game's final drops and achieved the "real ending" or whatever...

...it was at hour mark 384.

So, uh , yeah, e: gothic post game is unbelievably well designed. the entire game COMPLETELY changed upon beginning to explore 1st level of the 1st post-dungeon:

- enemies INSTEAD OF BECOMING OP LEVEL, starfish decided to make you begin to face off with completely new enemies that start utilizing intelligent "formations", i.e. proper usage of Ranks, with enemies using strats that a player would use and disabling/debuffing and using shit like the spell MIRACLE on ur ass.

- the actual dungeons themselves are HUUUUGE, with the final one, Ibag's Tower, being 20 floors and the only dungeon in the game where you cannot use DIOMANTE/MALOR spell. yep, that means it's FERREEL, mate.

only the toughest of the tougies allowed in!

oh and they're much, much better designed than almost all of the story dungeons, barring Teh Royal Tomb (my personal fave of Starfish's "story dungeons".

- ...and while this last point is completely biased, the 2nd post dungeon THE CAVE OF THE ANCIENTS is quite simply a marvelous experience where you are suddenly thrusted inside a WIRE FRAME dungeon that is a place forgotten by the world and sealed off by the king himself because inside they found too much craziness.

in the cave of the ancients dungeon you will encounter the most interesting (albeit annoyingly brief and cryptic) NPCs inside any of the elminage dungeons and they will talk (again, very cryptically) about the connection that the Elminage world has with the canon-world of Wiz scenarios 1-5 and also with their continuations Wiz empire 1-3; with references to L'kabreth the dragon god (i.e. the green dragon dude in Wiz 1: proving ground of the whatever's cover art box), and other fun stuff that only dumb, autistic, basement-dwelling divorced and broken men who've given up on life like myself will latch onto and enjoy about 100x times more than merited because of psychological reasons as well as chemical imbalances.

and also CotA features best dungeon OST ever of any crawler... listen to it in this video here below

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

jizz

jizz

jizz

jizz
jizz
jizz

jizz

JIZZ

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
oh, btw, i also then started playing thru wiz scenarios 1-5 on NEC PC-98 (the higher-resolution ports for japanese PC of the scenarios featuring better "graphics" as those comps came with a special chip that was originally designed for the drawing of high-res KANJI CHARACTERS, but adapted to then draw...

...jaw-droppingly beautiful straight, blindingly shining WHITE LINES that seemed not to be "wires" or even "frames" but majestic beams of divine guidance.

also those ports' text was super high-res, and Wiz scenarios 1-5.... uh, are 95% text. Yeah, I'm a graphics whore, even when it comes to wire frames!

and letters! bwahaha

but i never finished them because while somewhat of a NEET (google it), fuck i'd just played these dumb games already on snes and ps1 i got burnt out and decided to go procreate with my ANDREW GREENBERG and ROBERT WOODHEAD full-body pillows.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
gonna go pirate the 3ds ver of e: original now and begin a play thru. thought i might as well be honest about this factoid since there's no way i'm buying a 3ds just for this dumb game that comes w/ free ass burgers.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Even people with a 3DS can pirate it now anyway. Given you use free shop or CIA Angel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom