Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special is now officially in English!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Here is the complete English translation patch for the Game Gear title, Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special. Not only has everything been translated, but some improvements to the game have been made as well, such as making the enemy encounter rates more reasonable and incorporating faster turning in the dungeons (as it was very slow by default). We hope you enjoy this release!

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3160/

newsimage1920a.png
newsimage1920b.png

Credits

Tom Translation Main and lead translator of the game.
kingofcrusher Hacking (SSTranslations) - Initial hacking of work consisting of majority of the game.
rainponcho Hacking Critical edits/fixes, increasing dungeon speed, and ASM edits.
MrRichard999 Hacking Resumed project from SSTranslations involved with fixing of minor issues. Also involved in playtesti
Helly Translation Spot translation support for MrRichard999.
Hengki Kusuma Adi Script Editing/Revision Testing in early part of the game.

mogwaimon

Magister
One step closer to filling out the MegaTen canon in English. Thanks for your hard work guys, always good to see new translations coming out.

spekkio

Arcane
Majin Tensei when?

:rpgcodex:

Just kidding, I was worried you left the 'Dex for good.

:love:

getter77

Augur
What a nice surprise on multiple fronts----well done to the entire team continuing to make it happen at long last for so many titles and series!

MEGABROFIST dude!!!!!

I was wondering if anybody cares about it, it's that LB game that is closest to mainline SMT of them all!!!! This news is thousand times moar important than some new Persona dancing shit.

BTW are you planning to translate Giten Megami Tensei as well?

hackncrazy

Savant
Man, I really wish I could help with something, but my knowledge in japanese is the same I have in egyptian.

Thanks for making this available to us poor mortals!

mogwaimon

Magister
Which emulator do I need to play this?

I haven't dealt with Sega emulation in ages but Retroarch likely has a Gamegear core. Back in my day there was an emulator that supported basically every Sega system up until but not including the Saturn. Think it was called Gens, that might work too.

Tried to patch it with Flotaing IPS v1.13 and all I get is 'this patch is not intended for this rom'... I guess it the rom's fault... which size of rom is correct?

edit: ok I've found corrent one, now starting modded version with lower encounter rate :bounce:

Last edited:

Madmate

Novice
Thank you for this!!!

MrRichard999, did you planned, maybe, complete translation of PSX's Wizadrys 1-3 & 4-5? I think that only spell descriptions and monster info is missing for making it full & best versions of these classics.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Thank you for this!!!

MrRichard999, did you planned, maybe, complete translation of PSX's Wizadrys 1-3 & 4-5? I think that only spell descriptions and monster info is missing for making it full & best versions of these classics.

I think the 4-5 has both the original W4 version that you get by switching Japanese to English in the options, and a unique updated W4 version that is only in Japanese

For guys who has already finshed geam - did you composed party of ppl or demonz?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom