Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hollow Knight

sullynathan

Arcane
Karhu I've yet to actually get anything from the green worms so far. I found the fat bug that I think you're talking about, on the other hand I've collectively lost about 1700 souls/money so i'm in need of money

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You need to get back to the grubfather in a cave above the path to greenpath, he will throw you some poop for each grub you found.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I don't know where I'm supposed to go. It's one of the reasons I preferred Demon's Souls over Dark Souls in the beginning.

hajro

Arbiter
I don't know where I'm supposed to go. It's one of the reasons I preferred Demon's Souls over Dark Souls in the beginning.
The game literally tells you where to go, did u listen to the village elder?

Ezekiel

Arcane
The game literally tells you where to go, did u listen to the village elder?
He just tells me about the shop keeper I brought back a month ago. The only thing I can think of is to buy his key, but it costs 900 and I only have like 250.

sullynathan

Arcane
I actually put nearly 6 hours in one day in this game, that's quite long even for a metroidvania. In others, I'd be almost done already.

You need to get back to the grubfather in a cave above the path to greenpath, he will throw you some poop for each grub you found.
so the currency is poop. That's quite funny

sullynathan

Arcane
Alright, put more hours into the game and I enjoy it even more. Platforming is more essential in this game than some of the recent metroidvanias I've played but since my last post, I've only fought 1 other boss, The Brooding Mawlek. I discovered Greenpath, Fungal wastes and Howling cliff. Fungal Wastes was one I randomly stumbled upon but quite liked. I don't like the area with the jellyfish though, they're a pain. I found the bank and it's cool that I can store my souls/poop/money. I really wasn't expecting the beginning area to have more to it so I was surprised when I went back and found an entire area that can be navigated. I'm still not sure how much "progress" I'll say I've made but I'm thoroughly impressed with the game so far.

Lucky

Arcane
I finished this last week. Best metroidvania in years.

sullynathan said:
Alright, put more hours into the game and I enjoy it even more. Platforming is more essential in this game than some of the recent metroidvanias I've played but since my last post, I've only fought 1 other boss, The Brooding Mawlek. I discovered Greenpath, Fungal wastes and Howling cliff. Fungal Wastes was one I randomly stumbled upon but quite liked. I don't like the area with the jellyfish though, they're a pain. I found the bank and it's cool that I can store my souls/poop/money. I really wasn't expecting the beginning area to have more to it so I was surprised when I went back and found an entire area that can be navigated. I'm still not sure how much "progress" I'll say I've made but I'm thoroughly impressed with the game so far.

If you are where I think you are, then there's still loads for you to go through. There's nothing indie about the size of this game.

sullynathan

Arcane
One dumb thing in this game is how the map works. I'm fine with buying a map for each new location, it's cool that you can find the cartographer bug or wait to go back to the hub and buy it from his wife. What I find dumb is having to equip a charm so that I know where I am on the map and also the map not updating until I rest is stupid.

Since the last time, the game has opened up a hell of a lot more still, this game is huge. Right now, I've found new areas that I've yet to even explore at all. I found the city of tears, resting grounds, crystal peak and Royal Waterways. I also stumbled upon the dream gods and fought the teleporting wizard bug which actually wasn't that hard, I only died 5 times before killing it. Then I fought the macho bug and it was interesting, it has a cool personality.

I got the flying ability and then beat The Dream warrior. So far so good.

sullynathan

Arcane
So I find this room with lots of bosses and I'm fighting this boss and it's impossible to beat, I search the name online just to find that it's part of the DLC. shit

sullynathan

Arcane
I've finally made it past the fog canyon, I can't say it enough but the game is really expansive. New areas just keep popping up.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Just purchased last night and beat the first boss who wielded the mace. I really enjoy how precise the movement and hitboxes are.

I killed the Mantis Lords last night after about a half a dozen attempts. MAJESTIC INCLINE

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
By this point I've found most of the map, got most of the charms, got my nail to the 2nd last upgrade. All I have left is the deep nest. The final trial is hard as hell, the flying wizards are a pain.

hajro

Arbiter
Get good you fuckin casual, you reach the 1st area that doesnt coddle your asshole and instant dislike you :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Get good you fuckin casual, you reach the 1st area that doesnt coddle your asshole and instant dislike you :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
Are you meming right now? This reads like something straight out of /v/. Where did I say anything about having difficulty with the area?

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Finally beat the game, took me 30 hours.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Got all the grubs, 33 out of 36 grubs, all of the dream warriors, most of the dream bosses, and the real ending (didn't realize there was another one, though I did look up where to use the kingsoul since I'd forgotten where I was birthed herp derp).

Pros:
+ Great artstyle, music, and theme. Game does a good job of immersing you in its world
+ The map's size and variety lends the game a real sense of exploration and discovery. The choice to limit fast-travel to stag stations works very well
+ Solid platforming.

Cons:
- Clumsy spammy combat. Since the devs decided not to have combos, I wish enemies (especially bosses) didn't take so many hits to kill.
- Can't add notes to map, makes backtracking/filling out the map more tedious than it should have been
- No boss health bars
- Special nail abilities and most charms are largely useless

Solid game, far longer than I expected it to be, but I don't expect to ever replay it. Salubra's laughter will forever be engraved in my mind.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I killed the hollow knight after 25 hours and got that ending, then explored fog canyon and queen gardens. Not sure what else there is to do right now.

sullynathan

Arcane
Haven't played the game in a while and got back today. I found and beat the White palace. This took a good 5 - 6 hours to complete, it was peak retarded. I don't think Hollow Knight is a good enough platformer to have a level like this. I fought the Hollow Knight but with my current build, it's far too easy to button mash him before hornet comes to help. The real problem is the radiance, this fucker is hard.

hajro

Arbiter
U are supposed to Cheese white palace, its a filter for normies that didnt collect charms.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Beat the game one hundo the other day. Great game - but isn't the art style, the voices and the theming a bit off-putting? Everything is obviously of high quality, but it is as if it is trying to appeal to an immature niche, it's infantilized. Makes me feel like a degenerate for playing it.

Did none of you suckas play IWBTG? White Palace was way too short, what was there should have been just the introduction to the level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom