Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I didn't make it very far in WL2. I got bored really quickly, although I'll probably take another swing at it some day and see if it was me or the game.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't make it very far in WL2. I got bored really quickly, although I'll probably take another swing at it some day and see if it was me or the game.
W2 becomes interesting only after Arizona, which means you have to slog through 20-30 hours of boring content.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
It happened after WL2 came out, flared up after TToN, and continues to now. Granted WL2 and TToN are no Minecraft or Undertail or FO4 or Pokeman but this is definitely the same rants and anger these same kinds of idiots destroyed Troika with.

People hated it since it was a bad game.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
It happened after WL2 came out, flared up after TToN, and continues to now. Granted WL2 and TToN are no Minecraft or Undertail or FO4 or Pokeman but this is definitely the same rants and anger these same kinds of idiots destroyed Troika with.

People hated it since it was a bad game.

Yes, I pointed out that it wasn't nearly as super awesome as minecraft, Undertail, FO4, etc. It was a really well done crpg with everything a crpg fan would or could expect from a crpg. The DC fixed every major issue, making it an instant crpg classic. It surpassed the original WL in every conceivable way. But, like the RoA series, real crpgs aren't for most people, including the majority of posters here who should stick to their console games.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Yes, I pointed out that it wasn't nearly as super awesome as minecraft, Undertail, FO4, etc. It was a really well done crpg with everything a crpg fan would or could expect from a crpg. The DC fixed every major issue, making it an instant crpg classic. It surpassed the original WL in every conceivable way. But, like the RoA series, real crpgs aren't for most people, including the majority of posters here who should stick to their console games.

I think Pillars of Eternity is a masterpiece. Is that not a real cRPG in your book? By the way, there have been loads of posts explaining why WL2 is a bad cRPG, and you just ignore them.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

I think Pillars of Eternity is a masterpiece. Is that not a real cRPG in your book? By the way, there have been loads of posts explaining why WL2 is a bad cRPG, and you just ignore them.

There have been posts filled with platitudes and hyperbole that say a lot without saying anything. And the very few qualitative items stated are easily contradicted by loving a game with the exact same thing done worse. WL2 DC did almost nothing wrong mechanics wise and systems wise for a crpg, and almost everything right. If it came out in 1998 it would be one of the most loved games ever. The same shit happened with Arcanum and ToEE and look at their status now. Stupid people jump on the bandwagon with their regurgitated hot air and hyperbole the leaders spout, and then the normal people that don't want to get into retard fights with stupid nincompoops finally get a voice over time. I am willing to get into retard fights because I hate seeing inXile get Troika'ed when they finally started making not just playable games but really good rpgs.

PoE is certainly a crpg. It isn't nearly as good as WL2 DC since it mostly has meaningless combat and worse systems all around and a far worse itemization system. Personally I like full party creation more than games balanced around recruitables and inefficient parties for dummies. But PoE is a great example of what it tried to do - be a recruitable party based RTwP crpg with all the traditional rpg content. The crpg world is richer for it having been made. Me attacking it would be shooting myself in the foot. It may not be my favorite but games like that being popular give me more crpgs to play in the long term, so I support it. Stupid, short sighted retards bite the hands that feed them. I would be ecstatic if another fake console shit rpg from Bethesda, Bioware, or CD Project was never made but I still buy those pieces of shit when the goty version goes on sale for 10 or so (what that filth is worth) and some mods actually make their shit playable sometimes. I like crpgs with depth and complexity with all the traditional content without being forced to play as a metrosexual midget albino retard who I despise.

I support the genre I like and I'm not a hipster that pretends to like rpgs and then hate on all the good ones that come out that are just like the ones everyone claims to love except way better and usually with much better chargen and dev and combat.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
PoE has worse itemization then WL2?

:abyssgazer:

LOL

I rest my case.

Your case was rested when you tried to sound like you know what you are talking about.
I love how people on this forum talk about real crpgs, bur when someone doesn't like one feature or something that could be done better, you throw a bitch fit and start spewing randump shit from you Nigeria hole. Roqua would be ashamed.

If this is directed at me I don't care if people like or dislike a specific feature. I care if they support the genre I love or are enemies of it.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I love how people on this forum talk about real crpgs, bur when someone doesn't like one feature or something that could be done better, you throw a bitch fit and start spewing randump shit from you Nigeria hole. Roqua would be ashamed.

Who's alt is this now? It's like they're not even trying to hide it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wasteland 2 is very sluggish and boring game,i just give up halfway and i am a guy that finishes all rpgs.PoE is ok game but far better than Wastetime 2.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Wasteland 2 is very sluggish and boring game,i just give up halfway and i am a guy that finishes all rpgs.PoE is ok game but far better than Wastetime 2.

I gave it a chance with DC edition. Finished it alright. It's not a Fallout for sure, but not a bad game either.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

I gave it a chance with DC edition. Finished it alright. It's not a Fallout for sure, but not a bad game either.

Finally, a kid who thinks for himself and isn't a hipster idiot. Thank you, son. It did not have as good of content as fallout 1 or 2, but not even Arcanum does. And if you played the original it significantly improved the content. It also has better chardev than fallout, and way, way better combat and itemization. I would say it has significantly better systems in general. The controls are the UI are the best functioning and least hassle I've seen in a 3d game with rotatable cameras. Same with pathfinding.

I enjoyed the content it offered, but I also don't think content can carry a game. A game without good systems is shit. FO and Arcanum had some great systems, really bad combat, some bad systems, some weak systems, and great content. WL2 DC had great systems, good combat, and no outlier bad or weak system. All the weak systems or bad systems from WL2 were addressed with the DC. There is no actual fan of the rpg genre, that plays primarily rpgs, who doesn't like this game or think it is worth buying or playing or supporting. Only the fucking posers that come here with their hot air and platitudes who love console games with a dearth of complexity and shit UIs, or actual kid's games with no challenge and shit graphics they call charming and the gameplay emergent and other platitudes dislike WL2 DC. Read their posts on this game and TToN,it is like amasterclass or how to say nothing with tons of words. Just hollow hot air and platitudes placing form way over function and making statements that could be applied to any game because its so general and baseless. They don't actually make coherent or meaningful points. Just dummies being cultist hiveminders spewing the same regurgitated hot air bullshit as their betters. The sad part is they are too dumb to know the are just hipster hiveminders who do not think for themselves.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Finally, a kid who thinks for himself and isn't a hipster idiot

You could just replace all your posts with HIPSTER BAD and it would have the same effect.

Or, you could post on a general game site with people that share your shit console taste and leave the rpg sites for people who like rpgs and not hipster kids that watch minecraft videos on youtube like fucking child retards.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron

Finally, a kid who thinks for himself and isn't a hipster idiot. Thank you, son. It did not have as good of content as fallout 1 or 2, but not even Arcanum does. And if you played the original it significantly improved the content. It also has better chardev than fallout, and way, way better combat and itemization. I would say it has significantly better systems in general. The controls are the UI are the best functioning and least hassle I've seen in a 3d game with rotatable cameras. Same with pathfinding.

Thanks man, though you're too optimistic - i was a kid when Fallout 2 came out.
And I mostly agree with the rest except of TToN - it was a let down compared to expectations.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok, you keep asking for it.

It also has better chardev than fallout,

LOL!
:notsureifserious:

and way, way better combat

Ok, that's actually debatable. I prefer Fallout combat, varied weapons, impactful aimed shots and the juicy crit table. But many may prefer the party control and limited cover mechanics.

and itemization. I would say it has significantly better systems in general.

Again, LOL!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

LOL!

Ok, that's actually debatable. I prefer Fallout combat, varied weapons, impactful aimed shots and the juicy crit table. But many may prefer the party control and limited cover mechanics.

Again, LOL!

Only bad thing about Fallout combat is how slow it is.As for Wasteland2 combat,it was far too forgettable.

Morkar Left

char gen / leveling up in Fallout is better. The combat is better in W2 thanks to cover mechanics and a controllable party.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

LOL!

Again, LOL!

Only bad thing about Fallout combat is how slow it is.As for Wasteland2 combat,it was far too forgettable.

You know dick about shit. I'm not explaining obvious shit to kids too dumb to know anything.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

LOL!

Again, LOL!

You fucking kids are really a joke. I doubt you even know what itemization means. You prefer fallout combat because it is extremely simple, sophomoric, and allows for save scumming and literally winning any fight, whether it is you versus or you versus anything. Kids do not like challenge - they like hipster easy and story mode.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Do you even min-max?

you don't know dick about shit, save-scummer

7HUswU3.jpg

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Yes, because WL2 combat is such a hardcore challenge :lol:

Far more so than FO1 or 2. This is not opinion. In F0 1 and 2 you can win every fight with any build, period. This is not opinion. If you kids actually knew anything you wouldn't be saying such stupid shit. I fucking hate you stupid kids so much. You were all raised wrong and taught that you are important and what you think matters. My generation knew when they were stupid because everyone let them know and the stupids learned not to share their stupid opinions. We also knew for certain we weren't special and we learned early and painfully we know dick compared to adults and our opinions mean shit when leveled against those with far more wisdom, knowledge, education, and experience. You fucking morons just run your mouth without thinking and then go and watch youtube videos of other people playing some games and think you know something.
Do you even min-max?

you don't know dick about shit, save-scummer

7HUswU3.jpg

Are you implying I somehow was responsible for allowing combat saves in FO 1 and 2? You can min-max all you like, lets see you roll a FO1 character that can defeat the whole bandit camp that kidnapped the girl without save scumming. Lets see you kill and release the slavers and slaves in the first biggish city you get to in Fo2. Lets see you defeat a cave full of death monster things. When FO 1 and 2 came out there was no walktrhoughs on the internet or shitheads reading about builds before making a character. It was just us and our brains and manual versus the game, and we won then and we still win now. You fucking morons couldn't play a game without walkthroughs and watching 20 hours of video of someone else playing it and getti9ng told exactly how to build your character and not even having to think for a second. You are all very stupid, wrong, and fucking retarded.

Grow the fuck up and think before you run your retard mouths spewing your inane gibberish you vapid fucking kids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom