Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

"It supposedly contains the secret to Ghul's immortality. It also may contain infomation on how to free my father from Ikhtanabu Xul."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Did Urash spot anything like that while browsing the books and across all around?

"Well thrown, friend Borric. That fellow really wasn't helping his case."
Urash hasn't yet had a chance to carefully inspect anything. But make a World Lore in any case to see if you know anything about the Al-Hakim text.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab starts poking around combined laboratory/living space, flipping through some of the scrolls and slim tomes stacked on a desks and stuffed into cubbyholes. Nothing jumps out at your inspection. Most of the scribbles read like disorganized notes, shopping lists, and are written in a short-hand that doesn't immediately yield its meaning.

Assuming the Al-Hakim text is even here, it's going to take days, weeks or possibly months to untangle the mess that is in front of you -- it's also worth mentioning that the fire elemental and the subsequent explosion of steam when it collided with the water elemental has damaged perhaps 1/3 of the room; most of the parchments and flammable materials that were nearby are charred beyond recognition, or soaked from the cloud of vapor and the ink is starting to run.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Well friends, seems the only way we'll find anything in here, it'll be through interrogation of this slovenly fellow."

L'ennui

Magister
"If Ghul has truly been making use of the Al-Hakim text, we are threading a dangerous and dark path indeed... An old and powerful sorcerer armed with such knowledge would be a terrifying force, and this troubles me deeply. I wonder if the text's dark secrets are the real reason I was sent from Kor by my master. Perhaps he had hopes of me retrieving the text for him? Perhaps I was meant to spy on Ghul and extract this knowledge? I know there are some dark paths of sorcery which are hidden from us mere Initiates, surely this is one of the keys to those paths. Oh, to be a simple pawn in this world of giants... what course is one to take?"

Pensive, Urash gently brushes some burned scrolls with his fingers, turning them to ashes.

"To think we could find this powerful artifact here, of all the forgotten places of Theia... It would be a sign of either great fortune or accursed damnation, I know not which. Or perhaps we have inadvertently destroyed it in this fire? A great loss of knowledge, that would be... yet would it not also be a boon to all the good in this world?" The Acadian sighs loudly. "It is worth a thorough search, in any case. Many would kill for this text and its ancient techniques. Many have killed for it. It may be a key in the search for Ghul which I am sworn to."

Urash turns to face Amon.

"By all the pantheon of the heroes, I will help you seek out the text of Al-Hakim if it is within my power, be it in this ruined hole, which I doubt, or be it at the other end of the world. In return, will you help me and my comrades in saving a friend's kin, the attempting of which has brought us here, and then in seeking out the sorcerer himself?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric casts about the room for something with which to tie and gag the unconscious windbag.

Wayward Son

"If this text will cast despair unto many, then I too shall join in the search for it. For none should wield such terrible awesome power"

"I would welcome the company in my search, and I in return would offer my abilities to aid the group in their goals. It would appear that we have a common purpose in finding the text, and maybe this blood you speak of. While the Al-Hakim text may hold great and destructive power, it may also have the power to restore."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"I can't say I still trust you, but this text is certainly worth looking into... at least while we're here." Marcán says, unconsciously going back to his cousin's remains.

So did any of Cormac's belongings burn in the fire? nikolokolus

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
"I can't say I still trust you, but this text is certainly worth looking into... at least while we're here." Marcán says, unconsciously going back to his cousin's remains.

So did any of Cormac's belongings burn in the fire? nikolokolus
Everything that was flammable perished in the blaze . . .
Here's what's left:
6 days of rations
Symbol of Arawn
1 Flint and iron
20 sling bullets
1 silver Torc
1 flask of strong amber alcohol
1 suit of fine bronze scale armor
1 iron greatsword
1 backpack
1 leather bag

wealth:
75 silver drakes
22 bronze pennies
16 gold owls
62 pieces of small bronze and silver jewelry (~5 lbs) worth unknown

nikolokolus

Arcane
So for the people still in the tower: You find little in the way of rope, but in a chest in Solon's bedchamber, you find ample drapes and bedding that can be used to bind him and gag him. After several minutes of twisting and wrapping, you have the fat, old sorcerer secured.

Looking around his private chamber doesn't immediately yield anything of pressing interest or value. There is however a small brass key on a thong around Solon's neck. The key is only about 3 inches long and has three serrated ridges along it's axis, probably paired with a small and complicated lock.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Just a heads up I'm camping until Sunday and I've only got cell reception right now because I'm in a little town getting some groceries right now. I'll get back on this then. Feel free to post in the meantime and RP with this new guy Amon.

Wayward Son

Just a heads up I'm camping until Sunday and I've only got cell reception right now because I'm in a little town getting some groceries right now. I'll get back on this then. Feel free to post in the meantime and RP with this new guy Amon.
Jesus Christ, I just get back and you're leaving? Have fun!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom