Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout: Nevada mod for Fallout 2 gets a preliminary English release

himmy

Arcane

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Anyway I think I got it working I guess, but the intro video is still in russian.. that's disappointing.

Is it only text thats in english, not voices?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fallout 1.5 Resurrection was a very good mod.
The amount of detail and thought put into it was staggering and the quality of dialogues was good.
All you have to do is to discover for yourself and don't pay too much attention to the dumbfucks that their purpose in life is to be in a constant state of disgruntlement.

Last edited:

Diggfinger

Arcane
i'll wait for touched up translation. I am yet to play 1.5 so i will probably do marathon.

WARNING: you need to play 1.5 first because it's so much worse than even the unfinished translation of Nevada. I played the last, much choppier version of Nevada first and since then I just haven't been able to get into 1.5. I'm sure I would've enjoyed it immensely otherwise, but it suffers terribly in comparison. At times Nevada approaches Black Isle quality.

Even better than 1.5?? Wow, that one was awesome...

valcik

Arcane
Link is down because of "copyright issues".
They've uploaded complete Fallout 2 binaries including executable and unpacked master.dat file in NMA deposit, I was wondering how long it would take until someone remove the link.. Hopefully uploading new package with the mod files only won't take long.

Repressed Homosexual
Link is down because of "copyright issues".
They've uploaded complete Fallout 2 binaries including executable and unpacked master.dat file in NMA deposit, I was wondering how long it would take until someone remove the link.. Hopefully uploading new package with the mod files only won't take long.

Fortunately I got it in time.

Repressed Homosexual
I love to see that 20 years old RPG is still getting new mods that are basically new, top-quality RPGs all set in the same universe as the original... And all that made by fans - for fans. Fallout 1&2 have truly stood the test of time.

The base engine/toolkit that they made is so great. It could and will be used for years and years to make new adventures that are better than 99% of commercially released games.

It shows that gaming is not about graphics, production values, or even skilled programming or great design... but about imagination

Black

Arcane
Can you save up perks for later like in 1.5 and Tictacs?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Good, it's a start; still I would rather have total racial purity.
It says that there's some small amount of dark humour present in F:N.

There's a lot of dark humor but not much of it is sexual.

. One town early on has a retired syphilitic prostitute and an alleged necrophiliac gravedigger, but the worst thing the player can do is set the two of them up on a date. New Reno is also full of prostitutes (always use a condom!); it takes place a few generations before Fallout 2 but the town has a similar vibe. You can also walk in on a pair of vault dwellers hooking up, but they are very, very ashamed of themselves. That's about as sexually explicit as it gets.

There is no political/ideological/whatever reason not to play this game. Any native English speakers with free time on their hands should head over to NMA and volunteer to help edit it.

Kron

Arcane
It was a poor attempt at racist humor, due to the clumsy wording of the description.....

Anyway, got to say I'm kinda pleasantly surprised so far by the game. Only got to Reno, but the writing is not that bad and in some parts actually quite good. Overall it gives off a very morally dubious vibe, with most of the stuff you do being justified within the gameworld, and not feeling overly edgy or retarded. Also the placement of things in towns and the logic of the settlements makes sense, crazy right?

This might sound like I'm setting the bar pretty low though; maybe I've just been beaten to a poor expectations pulp by modern games. Still I approve of this so far, and it's way, way better than the fan made content in Fallout 2 Restoration.

Repressed Homosexual
It does start weirdly though... the beginning is good, has great atmosphere and a perfect tutorial... but then you split up... and you wake up an amnesiac 50 years later, and you say "long live the Vault!" to people you don't even remember, and "how can I help?"... it's just a bit awkward

Iznaliu

Arbiter
It does start weirdly though... the beginning is good, has great atmosphere and a perfect tutorial... but then you split up... and you wake up an amnesiac 50 years later, and you say "long live the Vault!" to people you don't even remember, and "how can I help?"... it's just a bit awkward

This is what you get when you reply on fan-made content.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Well, he's still a Vault 8 resident, and he still has to play along.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

You can RP a Vault 8 Patriot doing what you do to save your city or you have an option to not do so Comrade:

Spoilers ahead:

in Finale you are given an option to just give in the Macgufin everybody seeks to Enclave and leave not even knowing what happened to your home.

But yes game has very little SJW or any political stuff except of general skepticism to Government thanks to being made by Russians. One thing I did miss here were the companions; if you want best ending you better have strong combat build and best gear cause the enemies are lot tougher and more dangerous here than F01 supermutants.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
Does this thing have new maps?
Do I need to look for my Fallout CD? (and a cd reader)

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
Does this thing have new maps?
Do I need to look for my Fallout CD? (and a cd reader)
Seems to contain new maps. Impressive. I thought it was not doable since no map editor?
Requires F2. Actually Im not sure. It launches without it...

Last edited:
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Seems to contain new maps. Impressive. I thought it was not doable since no map editor?

The hell are you saying, mate? Fallout map editor has been out there basically since the 20th century.

And you also need Fallout 2 for the mod to work. Unless you download it with a master.dat already, but that would be illegal and nobody does such things of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom