Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Can I rescue Admiral Boondoggle from the HMS Intrepid without having to take him into my party, because I have a full party of 8 chars and don't wanna drop anyone.

I don't think so. Actually, I'm not sure if recruiting him even works in the newest version - it worked in .01.

But you can also kill him and get all you need. If you don't recruit him, you'll need Locate Item several times or Detect Secret and checking a large area with it.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
So far my only good CC option seems to be my bard's sleep lyre. But often there are too many of these bugs to sleep or kill in time. Is there something good I should be trying to grab for my sage, necro, or thaum early on? Also, what do you mean by "focus it"?
If you really want to cheese the bugs (or most encounters really), keep in mind that your sage can equip an instrument as well. If you can manage to find two sleep instruments or paralyze then you can have two party members constantly CC different packs of enemies.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
If you really want to cheese the bugs (or most encounters really), keep in mind that your sage can equip an instrument as well. If you can manage to find two sleep instruments or paralyze then you can have two party members constantly CC different packs of enemies.

I think the issue was that I was just too low level for Crowl. I could clean up easily in Briarwood so I tried Aquavia. I gained a level and found some new gear, including two Pro Fire rings. Those should come in handy for my folks in the back with their baby hitpoints the next time I face the fire bugs.

Sherry

Arcane
kk I corssed the chasm with the fixed harness okay but at the other end is a burnt out lantern and I do not iknot how to fix it. I have been everywhere you have already been so someone must know what I have to used plz help your favorite mousey!!!

Look at the wall.

Hi.

:mad: :roll: :hahano:

gosh. Tiny Sherry kept saying she found something but I was so focused on the hanging lantern and an item I needed I did not think to search the wall lol. It is probably for the best because reading all that descriptive lore dumping yesterday evening would have been difficult after all the wine but thank-you for the help I am now exploring The Eyrie with its little river!! :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry

Nixheb

Arcane
Haem.
I have alonzo bones and descended the stairs to the chamber of waters. I cannot obviously swim : two square and everybody's dead...
How am I supposed to cross ?

Also, how to translate the plaque on samhain ?

loborco

Literate
Haem.
I have alonzo bones and descended the stairs to the chamber of waters. I cannot obviously swim : two square and everybody's dead...
How am I supposed to cross ?

Also, how to translate the plaque on samhain ?

That two square actually is the what you need
Check with Wizard Eye or Locate Item even, but next to you should be the turtle parked and to reach it you need to swim three squares top, remember that as long as there is some vitality left your character won't drown.
For the plaque I think you need Ancient History but cannot confirm it, just read it somewhere on this forum.

loborco

Literate
What about Knok-Knok?
He asked me to kill the Hive Queen and I've done it but he keep being swarmed with bugs and keeps asking me to clear the hive.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
People are saying that Ancient History 70 is not enough for that plaque in Samhain, so maybe it's Mythology or something else.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
What about Knok-Knok?
He asked me to kill the Hive Queen and I've done it but he keep being swarmed with bugs and keeps asking me to clear the hive.

I didn't find the Wasp Queen either in the hive.
People are saying that Ancient History 70 is not enough for that plaque in Samhain, so maybe it's Mythology or something else.

Why would a plaque need ancient history?

Ancient language? Mythology doesn't fit either. There is no linguistics stat. ;)

Last edited:

loborco

Literate
What about Knok-Knok?

To the south of the map of the hive there is a hole where you can go down. In that zone below you should finde the queen at the center of the map

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
What about Knok-Knok?

To the south of the map of the hive there is a hole where you can go down. In that zone below you should finde the queen at the center of the map

So it's probably a bug. I can just stand o the hole without falling down. I'll try loading that save in the earlier version because apparently it worked before.

loborco

Literate
What about Knok-Knok?

So it's probably a bug. I can just stand o the hole without falling down. I'll try loading that save in the earlier version because apparently it worked before.

You don't fall, you need to click on it like a ladder

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So I'm on various dead-end. I'll rest a little and try again tomorrow. If only Cleve would answer things.

Wizard Eye and Locate Item don't help?

Also, what are you supposed to do after bringing back the Cathedral bell?

Viata

Arcane
So I'm on various dead-end. I'll rest a little and try again tomorrow. If only Cleve would answer things.

Wizard Eye and Locate Item don't help?

Also, what are you supposed to do after bringing back the Cathedral bell?

I feel like it's a bug where I can't interact with environment. So every place I can go becomes a dead-end because of that.
Put it on the bell(up the ladder on Cathedral), touch the dial behind it and then go to the room where there is a jar inside a mirror.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
Few spoiler questions for Viata and Lady Error or anyone else getting on a bit

1. Back in the Royal Zoo, were either of you able to pick up the key and free Qorl? I see it on locate item but nothing is in that square, probably bugged
2. The bahomet megalith, im lost how to proceed over the hole in the ground to get the key, no secrets or switches that i can find
3. Knossos, im stuck with the demon plant. It needs some kind of item to interact with and sever the soul thread. I probably went here early because the enemies were extremely tough but i dont have whatever it needs.
4. The hermit crab in loch lalain, where the heck is the pool you have to return him to?

thanks in advance

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

1. Back in the Royal Zoo, were either of you able to pick up the key and free Qorl? I see it on locate item but nothing is in that square, probably bugged
2. The bahomet megalith, im lost how to proceed over the hole in the ground to get the key, no secrets or switches that i can find
3. Knossos, im stuck with the demon plant. It needs some kind of item to interact with and sever the soul thread. I probably went here early because the enemies were extremely tough but i dont have whatever it needs.
4. The hermit crab in loch lalain, where the heck is the pool you have to return him to?

thanks in advance

No idea, number 1 and 4 I have exactly the same questions. Try posting it on Steam.

Viata

Arcane

thanks in advance
1. That key has the same design as the key in another dungeon(snake-shaped one in Megalith), so I think it's a bug and not one to free Q'orl.
2. Yeah, I'm also unable to get past it.
3. Which demon plant? I killed one by sleeping on a square on Hold of Knossos, but that didn't help with anything. But may be other since there is no way to interact with it.
4. In Quiddick Harbor, SE square, a single "water square" near the wall, put the hermit crab there(did you put him inside a shell already?)

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
Thank you both much appreciated

1 and 2 are what they are i guess for now
3. viata, that was the one i mean, were you able to get the locked door open just south of it? I ended up mining the text from the beta and theres mention of sprinkling water on it to trigger something but i havent been able to find anything like that
4. I did find that spot and got the description but it wasnt interactible for me, neriad had said prior that she was happy i found a home for the crab even though he was in my inventory but she didnt get friendlier at the time, probably bugged trigger

thanks again, ever onward

Silentsigil

Novice
Same issues here. Posted them as critical errors on steam, got the posts removed and was told to ask for gameplay advice elsewhere.

You can find a dagger near issue 3 that I imagine is used to cut something that doesn't seem to exist, and there is a runestone in one of the rooms that seems to pull text from somewhere in the Megalith instead of being relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

climber513

Literate
Has anyone unlocked multiclassing yet? I finally got to 9 on my thief, which took around 200k XP total. So I was excited until I saw that level 10 requires 800k XP. That prompted an instant ragequit.
I think I'm at a similar stage as a few on here. Currently have 5 of the 9 seals. Interestingly, only 45% map. I wonder if Cleve is going to pull a Final Fantasy and have a whole nother world to explore.

rickralsten

Educated
Looking for some general tips about where to go next. Started in Sanctuary, party is mostly level 2 with a few level 3's. I've explored all of Crowl that I can find access to currently. I can't get into the Garrison and a small area in the NE part of town. Talked to most everyone, it seems the logical place to go is to the Temple Baths to look for the sister, but I have nowhere close to 5000 gold. Where to next?

loborco

Literate
Looking for some general tips about where to go next. Started in Sanctuary, party is mostly level 2 with a few level 3's. I've explored all of Crowl that I can find access to currently. I can't get into the Garrison and a small area in the NE part of town. Talked to most everyone, it seems the logical place to go is to the Temple Baths to look for the sister, but I have nowhere close to 5000 gold. Where to next?

Few hints: during friendly encounters you still can interact with your party issuing orders with things like: recruit, heal npc, cast spell, etc...

So:
Your best now is to talk with Gorlo. He's got something private to talk about.

mondblut

Arcane
1. Where do I find the answers to puzzles on a chest and a pedestal in Saltwyrm caves? (want direction, not solutions)
2. Two gates in Smuggler Hideout leading to the same room with a chest - how to open them? Found no triggers. Perhaps available later? The smuggler NPC had a book I could steal; decided not to hurry the events.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom