Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So there are a bunch of lizard warriors with spears that can instakill you if they penetrate. This isn't a bug like with some other enemies, this is an effect called "impale".

For the same reason, Dragonflies should be renamed "Rapeflies"

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
Bought a spellbook ' Rais dead' from Argosyre if I remember well. Now I try to scribe it but then the person who's trying to scribe can read it and the message window reads:

Sister Cole scribes ?Spellbook?
FAILED to ID ?Spellbook?

This a bug?

Cleve said he'd resolved this, but the earlier workaround was to put it on the ground and pick it up again, then it can be ID'd.
Thank you. It worked. :)

Bl@de

Educated
Is fullscreen possible with a 1440p display and Windows 10 or will it crash? I just experience crashes (fullscreen) and no picture (borderless via external tools). Also: Game doesn't scale for me in windowed mode.

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
Is fullscreen possible with a 1440p display and Windows 10 or will it crash? I just experience crashes (fullscreen) and no picture (borderless via external tools). Also: Game doesn't scale for me in windowed mode.
I don't know what a 1440p display is, but I play on 3000x2000 fullscreen with scaling on in Grimoire and all goes fine. I did use a tip from forum and ticked the box under compatibility for high DPI.

:Flash:

Arcane
I'm laughing so hard right now:

DG9eb8eUIAE4pzE.jpg:large

I remember when Cleve posted this on his website in the early 2000s. It was one of the "it's going to be finished soon" posts, and he announced that he had made the last missing NPC graphics himself in some 3D program, and the entity turned out even better than he had imagined it.

Mech

Cipher
Is it just me, or is everyone having issues with the character in slot 2 (top right portrait) almost exclusively getting attacked?
I find my fighter in slot 1 almost never gets attacked.

Weasel

Most people seem to have got fullscreen working although Cleve plans to rework all the scaling options once he's done with the basic version of the manual.

The 'nuclear option' is to change screen resolution to 1024×768 then play the game without scaling, hopefully this won't be necessary for too much longer.

jfunk

Augur
I play on a 1440p monitor and full screen with scaling has worked perfectly fine for me the entire time. There's no option to stretch if that's what you're looking for, it maintains aspect ratio, but that's how I'd play it anyway.

Adjustable window size with scaling would certainly be a nice option though. The window is a bit small on a 1440p monitor.

Weasel
I remember when Cleve posted this on his website in the early 2000s. It was one of the "it's going to be finished soon" posts, and he announced that he had made the last missing NPC graphics himself in some 3D program, and the entity turned out even better than he had imagined it.

I also remember him talking about doing animation in 'Poser', ah here it is

24/05/03
MORE MONSTERS COMPLETED, THE END OF THE ART CYCLE IS NIGH

Fetch! This beasty, which I did myself using Poser and DeluxePaint IV in just under 45 minutes, is the GhostHound. I always wanted these creatures to be guarding the Black Lich's lair instead of Xombi Rats and now I've got them. I plan to sprinkle them liberally thoughout any dungeons with a touch of evil/undead influence.

I animated the creature with seven frames and it looks terrific. In fact, the Poser-enhanced monsters have been kind of making the traditional 2D critters look bad. I don't care - there was some inconsistency in Crusaders of the Dark Savant, too ... and it did not hurt the game one bit. The important thing is - they are finally getting done.

Putting the new monsters into their appropriate slots throughout the game is very, very rewarding.

9/6/03

This beautiful and intriguing character to the right is The Entity. He's an interdimensional traveler who wanders the multiverse seeking dramatic situations to document and observe. He is drawn to our quest in Grimoire because of the possibilities for conflict and he is capable of helping us in spite of himself in several places in the game. I wrote the dialogue and background story for this character back in 1996 as part of the overall scenario for the game. I created him in Poser in 30 minutes last night and animated him with about 8 frames. He turned out terrific and pretty much exactly as I imagined him. It's so nice to see the game I envisioned coming together ... albeit six years late and still rife with delays.

Cyler Rubin

Educated
First dungeon down. Trying not to minmax chars or incessantly restart if someone dies, I fine the game pretty accommodating to that play style, either that or novice is too easy with a basically well rounded party of 4 fighters and 4 mages. Expecting immenant brick wall upon saying this. Thus far though super enjoyable.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
First dungeon down. Trying not to minmax chars or incessantly restart if someone dies, I fine the game pretty accommodating to that play style, either that or novice is too easy with a basically well rounded party of 4 fighters and 4 mages. Expecting immenant brick wall upon saying this. Thus far though super enjoyable.

It gets easier once you make it through the first few levels.

Until the rape squads arrive :negative:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So there are a bunch of lizard warriors with spears that can instakill you if they penetrate. This isn't a bug like with some other enemies, this is an effect called "impale".

There is one area where you get into a massive fight with 6 of the guys. Put up an armorplate spell and a missile shield. Surived, killed them all.
Right away, a second wave of 6 more comes at you.
Survived. Killed them all.
Then a third wave comes.
Survived, got a levelup on two of my chars.
ANOTHER WAVE SPAWNED
This time they got in a lucky hit, two of my chars died at full HP

I feel violated:negative:

So 4 waves with no time in between?

Yes, when one combat is over, the next one immediately starts! Hardcore shit, man.

That's straight from Wiz 7, the infamous fight against waves of giant trees in the Rattkin Ruins.

Viata

Arcane

Nixheb

Arcane
FOLKS : DO NOT CAST THE LOCATE PERSONS SPELL !

MY BODY IS NOT READY !! I LIED !!!
Explain. I'm looking for it the whole day.
I found one in a coffer in the chamber of waters.
This spell spoils a lot of things by naming many npcs I have not met yet, including some major ones, with some potential clues...
I have only scratched the surface, it's jawdropping for me to see an almost 2 minutes long list of names and location with inspiring names.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
It's so gloriously fitting that Cleve waited until after the inauguration of President Trump, an event many thought would never ever happen, to release his game that was supposed to keep getting delayed for eternity. We're living in the best of times, the forces of decline have never been stronger but the incline will prevail in the end.

Any optimal party recommendations bros? I'm probably going to spend all day Monday playing.

Nixheb

Arcane
It's so gloriously fitting that Cleve waited until after the inauguration of President Trump, an event many thought would never ever happen, to release his game that was supposed to keep getting delayed for eternity. We're living in the best of times, the forces of decline have never been stronger but the incline will prevail in the end.

Any optimal party recommendations bros? I'm probably going to spend all day Monday playing.

Then spend the whole day creating a good party by trying several ones !

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Take a Saurian Berserker or two. Giants are also a good choice for melee.

Spellcasters shouldn't be Human or Drow - slow mana regeneration.

Take a Bard or Sage for Music Instruments.

Mech

Cipher

Great starting party:
Human Wizard
Feyfolk Berserker
Drow Necromancer
Dwarf Templar
Wolfkin Jester
Giant Pirate

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom