Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
My berserker skill is at 100, I still hit party members (for a lot of damage), though not as often.
After some more time experimenting with berserker skill at 100, I hit my party far less now, but it is quite devastating when I do. I just got a very nice crit on my own guy and 1-hit him.

aratuk

Cipher
cleve-discountqkj9m.png

…He wants to "more than double" the game's content?

:what:

I suppose it would be appropriate if Cleve gave up talk of some faraway sequel — a twinkle in his eye — and devoted the rest of his life to refining and expanding this one game.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
patch notes:

Version 1.2.0.15
----------------------------------------

Hot patch to solve a few minor issues to avoid conflicts.

Duplicate container Canvas Sack found in both Waterport and Quiddick Harbor.
(Unlikely to cause a serious problem anywhere but a glitch in game logic)

Toned down Halyconic Lyre from Deep Freeze Power 7 to 2.
(Well documented balance problem, an attempt to moderate this bard weapon)

Automatic updates turned back on, now active for future releases

Tigranes

Arcane
Walked into fucking mummy dude unprepared, pulled out the scrolls and staves to try and put it down before it turned the whole party insane. Nearly there, and the Sage tries a Fireball scroll... except I forgot I gave Incantation to the Necromancer, and the scroll backfires killing 5/8 party members even as the Berserker lops off the mummy's head.

:incline:

:Flash:

Arcane
DRM protected?
He's just trying to fulfil his indiegogo campaign promises.

A pledge to the game will secure you a one-of-a-kind collector's edition of the resulting masterpiece and a guarantee that the completed product will be artistically perfect. Only pledges will get DRM-free copies of Grimoire once it is completed.

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
The game itself is very fun. Made by a gamer for gamers. But man... the inventory system, especially with all the items in a single row... horrible.... made by an autistic or something.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DRM protected?

Only pledges will get DRM-free copies of Grimoire once it is completed.

Mother-fucker. If any other developer would do this, they were crucified on the Codex. But of course Cleve gets a pass.
Furthermore, none of you bugfest apologist shills need to comment about the ui of bethesta titles or the state of ubisoft games at launch ever again.

Mustawd

DRM protected?

Only pledges will get DRM-free copies of Grimoire once it is completed.

Mother-fucker. If any other developer would do this, they were crucified on the Codex. But of course Cleve gets a pass.

DRM is an anti consumer practice and absolutely useless (it will be cracked in no time), only paying customers will have to deal with the BS in the end.

If he actually end up doing it, he will lose the goodwill and respect I had for his work and I will definitely not gonna buy his game even when I get the means to.

Why? Just buy the game. Am I missing something?

Mustawd

Yah I only ever cared if they tried using their own platforms like Origin or U-play. DRM is meh. Just buy the game. It'll always get cracked anyhow for your poor tards in the end. Really, I think the whole "DRM is the devil" is just a meme. Shit always gets cracked.

PrettyDeadman

Yah I only ever cared if they tried using their own platforms like Origin or U-play. DRM is meh. Just buy the game. It'll always get cracked anyhow for your poor tards in the end. Really, I think the whole "DRM is the devil" is just a meme. Shit always gets cracked.
Cleve should launch his own platform to sell Grimoire! He won't have to deal with unintuitive steam bs like autoupdates or different release branches that way!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom