Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is leveling dependent on race too? I thought it was only class.

Sam Bixby

Educated
If it just drow I'm going to start over, anyone know the fastest race for leveling?

I think Level XP depends on the class, not race. Sage has the lowest XP requirement:

Classes sorted by XP required for Level 2:

Jester 2400

Assassin 2100

Necromancer 1800

Pirate 1400

Templar 1350

Bard 1250

Cleric 1250

Wizard 1200

Thaumaturge 1150

Berserker 1000

Warrior 1000

Ranger 900

Metalsmith 850

Thief 850

Sage 750

http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.ph...y-and-hints-thread.117575/page-6#post-5239413
Ok so is the 1 mil requirement for lv 10 on all class's?

Why was that steamers lv 9 drake bard only needing 400k?

DeepOcean

Arcane
johnwalkerz6juj.png

rpsqkkjq.png
Those fuckers don't have time for anything and mess with the supposedly so complex Grimoire Ui that you need to be Einstein to understand as they are so much busy but, somehow, have plenty of time to comment on shitty articles made by shitty journalists on a shitty site of the internet.:lol: If I got one dollar each time a lazy fucker comes with "I don't have time for it, I don't like your game not because I'm a lazy dumb fucker but because it is 2017, and... things are somehow... super fast like never before!... I'm super busy somehow! I'm a CEO working 100hs a week that still find time to read internet articles about RPG games, true story!"

Really funny, people waste 100 hs a month on braindead activities at World of Warcraft but suddenly don't have the time to play a more demanding game... sure you super busy internet casual CEOs, I totally believe you.

The appeal to popularity is so pathetic too, it is like these people don't have a brain of their own " SUPER HARD GAMES NEVER WERE COOL, SO BRO, THEY AREN'T STILL COOL AND THIS IS MY ARGUMENT!" and the dude is completely wrong too, yes, there always were harder and easier games... my God, you genius just discovered relativity in there... but the easier games on that time are harder than most games nowdays, why people need to disguise their butthurt so much? On a age of "cinematic experiences", press F to pay respects, automatic takedowns, QTEs, open world collectatons copy pasting each other, regenerating health, smash button combat systems where enemies wait on a orderly line to hit you, and this fucker somehow claims all this shit existed on the 90s? John Walker is an assblasted tard.

Danthar

Novice
The one thing I think most SJWs haven't realized in this game is that Male and Female characters aren't equal. :)
They aren't in WizVI either.
Women get a severe strength penalty which is not offset by the bonuses to personality and karma (both not worth much). But it is still balanced nicely because there is some great equipment that only they can wear.

Many power players even preferred them because if you spend 2 hours rolling a single character then the strength penalty doesn't matter anymore. For me it seems balanced though, since I wasn't aspie enough to do that.

So how is the balancing here? Comparable or "men are superior so if you chose female then lololol"?

I think bard, cleric and maybe one or 2 others that care about fellowship are better as female, everything else male.

Actually, if you create a class and race combo where strength isn't needed and very low, a female is better since there's a lower limit of 15 for STR and if they would get lower due to the STR penalty they still get 15 and not lower. So with the FEL bonus that means they have a net attribute bonus in those situations.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Actually, if you create a class and race combo where strength isn't needed and very low, a female is better since there's a lower limit of 15 for STR and if they would get lower due to the STR penalty they still get 15 and not lower. So with the FEL bonus that means they have a net attribute bonus in those situations.
I think I would rather have the added carrying capacity than slightly more of a stat that does little or nothing.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well gosh!
It sure seems that people are having lots of fun playing Grimoire :) I am going to finish Torment: Tides of Numenera before I plunge into Grimoire because I had some lost saves but that is OK because that just means more gameplay! When things get settled with the updates and the best build is released soon I will be there! It is nice how the community can come together for the incline in these troubling times. Seeing people sharing their thoughts and loving one another is beautiful. :hug: And the generosity of many of the members here giving out copies is very lovely. :o

Thanks,
Jenkem

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Those fuckers don't have time for anything and mess with the supposedly so complex Grimoire Ui that you need to be Einstein to understand as they are so much busy but, somehow, have plenty of time to comment on shitty articles made by shitty journalists on a shitty site of the internet.:lol: If I got one dollar each time a lazy fucker comes with "I don't have time for it, I don't like your game not because I'm a lazy dumb fucker but because it is 2017, and... things are somehow... super fast like never before!... I'm super busy somehow! I'm a CEO working 100hs a week that still find time to read internet articles about RPG games, true story!"

Really funny, people waste 100 hs a month on braindead activities at World of Warcraft but suddenly don't have the time to play a more demanding game... sure you super busy internet casual CEOs, I totally believe you.

The appeal to popularity is so pathetic too, it is like these people don't have a brain of their own " SUPER HARD GAMES NEVER WERE COOL, SO BRO, THEY AREN'T STILL COOL AND THIS IS MY ARGUMENT!" and the dude is completely wrong too, yes, there always were harder and easier games... my God, you genius just discovered relativity in there... but the easier games on that time are harder than most games nowdays, why people need to disguise their butthurt so much? On a age of "cinematic experiences", press F to pay respects, automatic takedowns, QTEs, open world collectatons copy pasting each other, regenerating health, smash button combat systems where enemies wait on a orderly line to hit you, and this fucker somehow claims all this shit existed on the 90s? John Walker is an assblasted tard.
wait... you're bitching about stupid people being stupid?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Since the game supposedly has got enough content for 600 hours of dungeon crawling, how long does it take to reach the level cap? Anybody data mined the XP tables yet?

Jason Liang

Arcane
The one thing I think most SJWs haven't realized in this game is that Male and Female characters aren't equal. :)
They aren't in WizVI either.
Women get a severe strength penalty which is not offset by the bonuses to personality and karma (both not worth much). But it is still balanced nicely because there is some great equipment that only they can wear.

Many power players even preferred them because if you spend 2 hours rolling a single character then the strength penalty doesn't matter anymore. For me it seems balanced though, since I wasn't aspie enough to do that.

So how is the balancing here? Comparable or "men are superior so if you chose female then lololol"?

I think bard, cleric and maybe one or 2 others that care about fellowship are better as female, everything else male.

Female characters in Wizardry have the HUGE advantage of being able to take the Valkyrie class, which not only levels a lot quicker than Lord but is also crucial for many multi-classing strategies.

Dexter

Arcane
I'm waiting for him to notice that he has Disease on his character top right from Worms 20+ minutes ago and he's gonna become Permanently Paralyzed and Useless. (Both of his Frontline Fighters Now, END OF THE RINE!)

Casual Hero

Augur
I'm really pleased to see everyone enjoying Grimoire. I was tired of all the "it doesn't exist" talk. I have yet to get it, but I feel like that's okay, because I'd rather have a manual and a patched game. One thing I'm seeing as odd though is how you see damage on monsters. Can someone who is playing the game explain that a bit; how it doesn't show how much damage you deal, but rather how much % of HP the enemy has left? Or am I missing something?

Mustawd

IIRC it shows how much damage you inflict in terms of hit points, but shows the enemy's health bar as a percentage.

So it'd say, "Mustawd bites wirm 10, 0%. Worm dies"

Or something like that.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
New Version of DECLINE. All Features Tested and working with 1.2.0.12-R (partially works with other versions)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwWbO4WjDecjXzM3aDNDSUVFTDA

Death Toggle added...kill (check the checkbox) or revive (uncheck the checkbox)
Added Quest Items via the Equipment SLOT Hack should work now (Only tested with Owl Figurine...so....)

Please report any problems you discover in the dedicated DECLINE thread...

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom