Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How's the version 1.2.0.14?

Considering updating from 1.2.0.1 if there's no serious bugs reported and no further updates from Cleve.

It's good. Playing it with my 1.2.0.1 savegames. Updated, playing with 1.2.0.14 now, and it works fine, no bugs no broken saves.

jfunk

Augur
Either way, it is not relevant. No game should require any specific mouse setting whatsoever to be playable.

Just to be clear, you spent money on a fancy mouse with adjustable dpi and polling rate, but refuse to adjust either of them to play specific games.

What exactly does this mouse do for you besides look pretty on your desk? Do you also have a 144+hz monitor but refuse to adjust v/g/adaptive-sync settings? Do you refuse to modify your GPU settings/profiles for specific games?

Enthusiast equipment requires tuning.

Tigranes

Arcane
There hasn't been a post to the "Critical Bugs" steam thread in 13 hours and almost all of the first page threads are asking for hints/tips or questions about skills, etc.

Has Grimoire finally turned the corner?

It seems to have with .12.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Either way, it is not relevant. No game should require any specific mouse setting whatsoever to be playable.

Just to be clear, you spent money on a fancy mouse with adjustable dpi and polling rate, but refuse to adjust either of them to play specific games.
If it requires more than 2 mouse clicks to make that change, it's just too much to ask.

index.php

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Some texts are too fucking tiny. My poor, poor, degenerated eyesight. :negative::negative::negative:

I had to give up playing the Paradox strats coz I couldn't read the stupid ant font and now the same shit in my most anticipated game of the decade? When I first booted up the game I thought imma shoot myself in the head when the tiny window popped up, luckily there's a scale option. But some elements are still too goddamn small. Why, Jesus, why do you keep trolling me?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The one thing I think most SJWs haven't realized in this game is that Male and Female characters aren't equal. :)
They aren't in WizVI either.
Women get a severe strength penalty which is not offset by the bonuses to personality and karma (both not worth much). But it is still balanced nicely because there is some great equipment that only they can wear (this game doesn't acknowledge trannies ^^).

Many power players even preferred them because if you spend 2 hours rolling a single character then the strength penalty doesn't matter anymore. For me it seems balanced though, since I wasn't aspie enough to do that.

So how is the balancing here? Comparable or "men are superior so if you chose female then lololol"?

Last edited:

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The one thing I think most SJWs haven't realized in this game is that Male and Female characters aren't equal. :)
They aren't in WizVI either.
Women get a severe strength penalty which is not offset by the bonuses to personality and karma (both not worth much). But it is still balanced nicely because there is some great equipment that only they can wear.

Many power players even preferred them because if you spend 2 hours rolling a single character then the strength penalty doesn't matter anymore. For me it seems balanced though, since I wasn't aspie enough to do that.

So how is the balancing here? Comparable or "men are superior so if you chose female then lololol"?

I think bard, cleric and maybe one or 2 others that care about fellowship are better as female, everything else male.

Mirage

Educated
Some texts are too fucking tiny. My poor, poor, degenerated eyesight. :negative::negative::negative:

I had to give up playing the Paradox strats coz I couldn't read the stupid ant font and now the same shit in my most anticipated game of the decade? When I first booted up the game I thought imma shoot myself in the head when the tiny window popped up, luckily there's a scale option. But some elements are still too goddamn small. Why, Jesus, why do you keep trolling me?

Maybe reduce the resolution? I don't have the game so I don't know if it's works or not but at least it's something to try.

Tigranes

Arcane
He probably means the resistance screens or something, if it's too small even at scaled, since scaling just blows everything up in size?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is 2017. I'm not going to alter anything about my system to be able to play a game.

Windowed mode, motherfucker. Do you know it?
No difference in windowed mode.
Trust me, I tried all the usual suspects.

But that's about as far as I'm willing to go for a game.
There are dozens of (hopefully good) games I want to try out and I simply don't have the patience or need to deal with crap like this for any single one.

Who knows, maybe at some point, this will be patched into functionality.
So far, I vastly preferred the entertainment from the drama the last 10 years.

If it requires more than 2 mouse clicks to make that change, it's just too much to ask.
I don't know about you, but I realized some time ago that all our time is limited.
Every second wasted is wrong, so I simply refuse to waste my time, no matter how little, if there is something fun that can be done instead.
I am not ashamed to admit my patience for things that waste my time is close to 0. I consider it a strength.

It is a matter of principles, not capability.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
He probably means the resistance screens or something, if it's too small even at scaled, since scaling just blows everything up in size?

There's the resistance window, the conditions window and the item window (item details). Plus few others (like the numbers around your char body). I can read it when I squint but it's tiring.

Maybe reduce the resolution? I don't have the game so I don't know if it's works or not but at least it's something to try.

Tried that but with them fancy modern LED monitors changing resolution is tricky. There is only one other mode that fits my 27" screen (1280x720) and with that the bottom part of the game screen is cut off. Plus weirdly, it doesn't help that much.

jfunk

Augur

There's the resistance window, the conditions window and the item window (item details). Plus few others (like the numbers around your char body). I can read it when I squint but it's tiring.

Tried that but with them fancy modern LED monitors changing resolution is tricky. There is only one other mode that fits my 27" screen (1280x720) and with that the bottom part of the game screen is cut off. Plus weirdly, it doesn't help that much.

You should be able to set scaling options on your graphics card so that it will adjust to fit the screen properly when you choose other resolutions. What kind do you have?

Dexter

Arcane
What. The. Fuck.

The mouse pointer lags behind the actual mouse several seconds.
You've got to be kidding me :lol:
Disable scaled mode.
Or better: wait a couple of years before all the beta testers ground out the roughest edges.
I'm playing Grimoire on a 4K Screen with Scaling On and a Logitech Mouse at 500DPI and I don't have any "Mouse lag".

How's the version 1.2.0.14?

Considering updating from 1.2.0.1 if there's no serious bugs reported and no further updates from Cleve.
It's good, it actually works better than 1.2.0.1 and there's no crashes I've noticed at all anymore since he fixed most of the pressing one. The only "negative" thing I noticed from 1.2.0.1 to 1.2.0.14 is that the keys don't drop anymore (at all) though, like Blacksmith or Perk keys, If they are needed later on to open chests that kinda sucks.

If something is cut off on your screen, disabled Windows DPI Scaling, Right-Click Grimoire.exe --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Mech

Cipher

As a last restore you could play with the Windows Magnifier turned on. :shrug:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

jfunk

Augur
Hm, it still says version 1.2.0.5 on my splash screen. Auto-updates are on. What am I missing?

Copy your save files and rpg100.lib out of your folder, then uninstall and reinstall.

Then put those files back into the folder to restore your save and character library.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The only "negative" thing I noticed from 1.2.0.1 to 1.2.0.14 is that the keys don't drop anymore (at all) though, like Blacksmith or Perk keys

They also sell for only 10 gold now instead of 1000. ;) One major bug seems to be that some doors do not open up - mostly in later areas and at least one in Crowl that I tried today in .14

Some doors never opened up, even in .1 and at least one that used to work in .1 now doesn't open in .14. Maybe I'll go back to .1 again.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Hm, it still says version 1.2.0.5 on my splash screen. Auto-updates are on. What am I missing?

Copy your save files and rpg100.lib out of your folder, then uninstall and reinstall.

Then put those files back into the folder to restore your save and character library.

You can actually keep them there. I did that, uninstalled and installed again through Steam and no problem.

Weasel
So auto-updates don't work? I have to uninstall-reinstall after each update? Or is it just this one case?

Cleve was using auto-update but seems to have turned it off again after he had problems with that one patch. For now you have to manually update, but once he gets the beta branch working for patch testing perhaps he'll turn on auto-update again.

jfunk

Augur
I am not ashamed to admit my patience for things that waste my time is close to 0. I consider it a strength.

It is a matter of principles, not capability.

All kidding aside, your mouse should have come with control software to change this in a matter of clicks. This isn't crazy wild stuff we're suggesting here. When you run high end gaming hardware like that, you need to tweak it situationally. If you literally never touch the settings, you might as well save yourself some cash next time and get a vanilla mouse that won't run into these kinds of issues. If you have a variable dpi mouse and NEVER adjust it, that probably means you're running it at a relatively low dpi and don't actually need a high/adjustable dpi mouse at all.

I have to adjust mine all the time based on the application. What is quick and snappy in one situation is uncontrollable in another, say when switching between running around and using a sniper scope in an FPS for example.

Sam Bixby

Educated
Anyone know whats up with drow lv rate, I'm soloing and have a lv 9 drow ranger and its telling me I need 1120701 to lv again. I'll never get there even soloing at these low xp rates on mobs.

Is it just the drow class that has these super high xp rates because I seen a steam and the guy had a lv 9 drake bard and he only was needing like 400000 to lv too 10.

If it just drow I'm going to start over, anyone know the fastest race for leveling?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
If it just drow I'm going to start over, anyone know the fastest race for leveling?

I think Level XP depends on the class, not race. Sage has the lowest XP requirement:

Classes sorted by XP required for Level 2:

Jester 2400

Assassin 2100

Necromancer 1800

Pirate 1400

Templar 1350

Bard 1250

Cleric 1250

Wizard 1200

Thaumaturge 1150

Berserker 1000

Warrior 1000

Ranger 900

Metalsmith 850

Thief 850

Sage 750

http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.ph...y-and-hints-thread.117575/page-6#post-5239413

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom