Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Very first impressions:

Well, it's a game now! This graphical style is not going to please everybody, though.

Could you elaborate later pls ?

There's not much to elaborate. This is what you see in the first moments of the pre-alpha:

522dwD7.jpg

Looks sort of "untextured", I guess? Maybe that'll change.

Last edited:

Sultan

Novice
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Does the pre-alpha have some sort of NDA, or can we expect footage to go online today?

PrettyDeadman

Why is there no videos or streams online? Is it THAT bad?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why is there no videos or streams online? Is it THAT bad?
They said in the email that it was going to be released at 1pm EST, which, obv it was released earlier so probably no one knows about it right now. I literally would have waited until that time, but Infinitron poked me in his post. Anyways, my video's being uploaded right now.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
Neat.

:hero:

I suppose the framerate is because of the recording software running in the background? Gonna watch the entire thing later.

SniperHF

Arcane
I suppose the framerate is because of the recording software running in the background? Gonna watch the entire thing later.

It's probably just not optimized. Even the barebones playtest build had slowdowns for the same reason.

My copy just updated and I'll check it out this weekend.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Well, it's a game now! This graphical style is not going to please everybody, though.
The disproportionate/elongated look to everything kind of amputates that feeling of claustrophobia that Ultima Underworld forced on you.

As long as they nail the gameplay though, that's all that matters.

Shinji

Savant
The traps seem to have come straight out of a Prince of Persia game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some Twitch guy:

Some Russian guy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I watched nine minutes of Nekot's video before I couldn't take any more.

This is not a sequel to an Ultima Underworld game.

This is a sequel to Thief.

AND I FUCKING LOVE IT

It even has Garrett trying to be all serious and ominous and shit.

I am now stoked for this game. I know better than to expect it anytime soon, but hot damn.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny thing to say considering stealth apparently doesn't work yet, but yes, it's very reminiscent of the "adventure" levels from the first Thief.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
I've watched a couple of playthroughs and boy-oh-boy they still gotta optimize that thing.
Really liked the sound & level design though. The physics interaction is also pretty neat.
It's also a lot of fun watching people come up with different solutions.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Some British guy:

https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=1794.msg23479#msg23479

Chris Siegel said:
Stealth is the least developed in the build. It fell into the 'we know how to do that, lets concentrate on the other things' dept. The AI probably heard you, not seen you. There is still discussion on what the idicator should show...and frankly if there should be one at all. We are finally getting the rogue skills stood up now, but I've still been working on basic combat behavior and not stealth behavior. I have a very good idea on what we want for that, but it is not on my immediate plate.
Picking up objects- obviously not final. I agree...trying to figure out what the 'best' will be- transparent- fixed placement...gonna try both.
Glue balls-- oh you can do a ton with them...completely overpowered
smiley.gif

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
That many years to make a 5 or 10 minute Unity Demo...no, I still think it does not exist.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom