Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Grif

Learned
Just finished Act 10. Got my ass whooped by Kitava after such smooth sailing. TIL physical mitigation is fucking important for this. I might try him again after tweaking my build, even at 3.5k eHP I'm still eating dirt because I can't clear the adds fast enough.

At least the rest of the act I was sailing through really smoothly.

Sykar

Arcane
occultist, or berserker, would make more sense if you are casting on self. Occultist -chaos res is great in close quarters. However that's all it gives, since my build doesn't utilize any curses and is life based. I also made a trickster with insane life regen in Path of Building. It reached around 180 inc. life. Could potentially be solid, when using frenzy charges.

In the end took necro for the general boosts that you get via auras, and the slight chaos damage boost. Plus if you combine with a horde of zombies you get very survivable. Not to mention the zombies have been buffed and will do decent damage. The necro choice is a better league starter hands down

I have no issues clearing with trash gear and a 4 link on lower tier maps. Did not take necro aegis, but I plan to pick up an (two?) apep's rage.

You can see my char here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Saltygames/characters (IMustHaveMyRevenge). I will indeed take all the minion life nodes on this build, but as you can see, I still have room to take additional chaos nodes if I so desire. The northern Corruption cluster would probably be next if so.

Void Beacon covers almost the entire screen so I am not sure what you mean with "close quarters". Does anyone else have the problem of getting constantly disconnected during loading screens?

Just finished Act 10. Got my ass whooped by Kitava after such smooth sailing. TIL physical mitigation is fucking important for this. I might try him again after tweaking my build, even at 3.5k eHP I'm still eating dirt because I can't clear the adds fast enough.

At least the rest of the act I was sailing through really smoothly.

I died against Kitava in the first encounter and Doedre so far on my new Necro but mostly because of that annoying "pixel filter" which makes everything look like garbage, like pre D1 graphics. Is that the solution to frame drops I read about few months ago? It makes some attacks really hard to notice and is annoying as hell. That and really terrible grear. Like level 15 gear in some slots. Then again that is why I play softcore, cba anymore redoing everything because of bad luck.

I can't figure what build to respec my pre-3.0 characters to. Bladefall trapper build page says "poison is dead, build is no more kthxb". Witch Whispering Ice says "ES is dead, build is no more kthxb". Too afraid to look up builds for my other characters.

ES CwC/Whispering Ice works perfectly fine, you just cannot face tank like a retard anymore. Play it like a normal ranged caster. Also forget about Avatar of Fire and Cold to Fire conversion, get Ele Prolif from Elementalist and concentrate on those freezes and chills for safety since you cannot leech well anymore.

I really hate it when dumbasses cry and wail because their precious build cannot be played completely brain dead anymore.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
If the game stays as popular as it is now after 3.0.0, one big lesson to learn is to not play anything that strongly mechanically resembles the streamer-approved builds.
ANYTHING that is recommended gear for such builds will skyrocket in price and will ruin your experience.

Thankfully, there are a lot of good skills and builds in the game, making avoiding this shit easy.
Also, if you're fast and good at making early $$$, then on day 1-2 a lot of this shit will be much more affordable, because the main bulk of streamer cattle will not get proper dough until day 3-4.

P.S.: I'm REALLY surprised that ex:chaos ratio is still in the high 40s rather than in the 60s as it's usually is.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
If the game stays as popular as it is now after 3.0.0, one big lesson to learn is to not play anything that strongly mechanically resembles the streamer-approved builds.
ANYTHING that is recommended gear for such builds will skyrocket in price and will ruin your experience.

Thankfully, there are a lot of good skills and builds in the game, making avoiding this shit easy.
Also, if you're fast and good at making early $$$, then on day 1-2 a lot of this shit will be much more affordable, because the main bulk of streamer cattle will not get proper dough until day 3-4.

P.S.: I'm REALLY surprised that ex:chaos ratio is still in the high 40s rather than in the 60s as it's usually is.

Cool guys only play SSF.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What is your secondary defense? Evasion, armor, endurance charges? High Block, Dodge? Flask duration and good defensive flasks? Any source of life leech?
Warlord's mark for leech, some regen nodes, my chest piece is using evasion because of sockets the rest is life and armor, all are outdated and would require some grinding and not very fun boss fights, flasks are life and and extra crits.
Curses work badly on bosses, don't depend on them. Seems you got no other defense. You need to get some if you plan to live with any character. Start with a Basalt Flask, max your resistances, use Endurance Cry. Also a Stibnite Flask works great vs less mobile bosses as it blinds them and makes them miss 50% of attacks.
Long term you either want High evasion+Acrobatics or evasion+block or armor +block.
And Flasks and Enfeeble curse is more useful vs bosses then Warlord's Mark.
Also Decoy Totem is useful to tank a bit. And a Stone Golem. And a good movement skill to dodge enemy attacks.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Well, at least I'm not the one with the worst luck now.
+M

I played 6 years D2 HC and never found a SoJ or a Ber rune. Look into the abyss of bad luck and despair!
Worst rip: Teleporting on my full Tal MF FO/FB sorc with max block and dropped dead suddenly. Turned out that a zombie elite invisible behind the wall with might aura and extra strong just one shoted me through 75% block and 1.2k Health.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
ArchAngel My objective of doing campaign ssf with a new skill is accomplished but will try that out when I feel like grinding for a bit see how far I can take this char.

T. Reich

Arcane

Cool guys only play SSF.

SSF is vegan of PoE.
SSFHC is like straight-edge vegan.

SSF is still pretty cool though, it's just that a lot of SSF players are too full of themselves and like to brag about it. A lot.

T. Reich

Arcane

Probably becuase of new exalted shards, even with my shitty luck I gathered 10 of them from harbingers.

Totally forgot about that. Explains a lot.
Also, I wonder if harbingers are bot-farmable (anyone remembers that small 2ex div card bot-farming scandal?).

Regarding the market in general: I took a closer look at ninja.poe today, to see what's hot and so on. Was surprised to see a whole lot of different uniques being expensive, and they are pretty different from the uniques we used to see sell for $$$ in the previous couple of leagues.
Of course, it's still week 1, so a lot can change, but it's heart-warming nevertheless.

Quatlo

Arcane
Shavronne prcies are probably the biggest lulz of this league :D
Also, at last Hyaon is cheaper, it was fucking 20c 2 days ago so i can finally switch.

Gerrard

Arcane
It's really funny seeing all these threads of difficulty complaints on reddit, I finished with Glad DW Cyclone and after act 6 I did not find any difficulty increases, and definitely not in act 10, and did not die to any boss. And I'm not good at this game. I would say the new acts are TOO easy, although the increased mob density makes for more enjoyable slaughter.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
People are completely skipping defences because they are used to not needing them to get to dried lake. Act 1-3 are fairly easy with mobs that don't really have that many abilities which is why getting through that on merciless wasn't really a challenge, act4 was rough but you skipped most of it anyway.

Now that the final act provides some sort of difficulty many players are getting shredded by things that could easily be manageable by just swapping in an armour chestpiece and a granite. If GGG would've enforced players to kill merc malachai before getting to mapping then only a handful of people would have issues with act 10 and kitava.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
To be fair a lot of the new bosses/enemies are a big 'fuck you' to very specific builds, so I can see how lots of people are having trouble with them. There weren't really bosses that forced you into point blank range or dropped bullet hell patterns before. My flicker character has been exploding a lot, despite having no issues with bosses like Malachai.

Jason Liang

Arcane
To be fair a lot of the new bosses/enemies are a big 'fuck you' to very specific builds, so I can see how lots of people are having trouble with them. There weren't really bosses that forced you into point blank range or dropped bullet hell patterns before. My flicker character has been exploding a lot, despite having no issues with bosses like Malachai.

Make Cast on Death Support great again!

Aothan

Magister
Innocence is :mixedemotions:

too much damage occurring in melee range for my character so I've resumed levelling to use a few items that will boost regeneration before trying to move past Innocence. And I'll probably use Frost Blades which is quasi-'melee' anyway

assuming there isn't a third form

some of the imagery in the area alludes to not everything being as it might seem, however I'm yet to read or listen to the stained class readings to see whether they elaborate on the apparent dissonance noticeable in the mosaics

ArchAngel

Arcane
I came to Innocence fight with 1900 life with my Vortex Berserker. Vortex is a low AoE almost melee skill. I didn't die in that fight or have a lot of problem. And I spent most time just standing next to him and spamming the spell.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just pew pew with my frost blades. Pretty fun build with raider, literally flying around them maps. Even with shit tier weapons I have no problems till T7-8 maps last night.

Also new act bosses are not that hard, people just need to move ( a lot) or have proper defences.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom