Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Sherry

Arcane
It's like an internet club with a two drink minimum.

:salute:

Hi.

lol that is funny who is going to only have two drinks when you can finsih the entire bottle right? 2 Grimrawr!

p.s. I
heart.png
your avatar, Avatar! lol

gosh are we stalking one another yet?? omfg you are stalking Crispy but not me when I am a HUGE Ultima fan? wtf! I am going to stalk you so you stalk me it is the right thing to do!

Thanks,
Sherry

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
so, does 1.2.0.12:
- overhaul the stats and skills of npcs you can recruit
- solve the extra spells learning bug on level up
- fix spell caster spell schools restrictions when learning spells from books
- make music instruments only playable by bards and only when equipped
- make some enemies immune or at least resistant to some musical instruments
- make stats like con actually add something to the amount of hit points one gains at level up
- solve the bug that drains a character of all his vitality when hit by certain enemies
- make party members not get sleepy after turning around a few times and walking a few squares regardless of their max vitality
- add meaningful key binds
- make the game stable enough for people not to have to reload when fighting big worms
?

Sounds like just a bunch of bitching tbh

aratuk

Cipher
Mac users: The other day I posted a wineskin wrapper to run Grimoire on Mac, and I've realized there was a problem with it. Although sound effects worked, it wasn't playing the MIDI music! Personally I had other music playing, so I didn't even notice. I've now fixed the problem and here is the new wrapper with everything working. It won't break your saves ;-)

https://mega.nz/#!ZFgFRDpK!94US6qfhUP5xLuL6Fi9TtiLbdx2mMtoUbKYaqhMTEAo

Unzip, show package contents, & there is an empty Grimoire folder in Program Files. Copy your Grimoire files into this folder (no subfolders), and Bob's your uncle.

:terrorist:

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Good to see things have settled with 1.2.12 for Cleve. There was a good bit of pain on launch that unfortunately detracted from the quality of the content, which I can say at this point is on par with Bradley for me. That's about as high praise as I can give for anything Wizardry-like.

Onward and upward Cleve.

:excellent:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I really like how every dungeon feels like its stuffed to the brim with things to do, at least in that regard I like it even more than Wiz7

Also, for some reason I really like the door lock word puzzles and the chest trap locks are neat as well

mondblut

Arcane
Holy shit Deep Freeze has to be the most OP spell of all time. Instakills pretty much everything you encounter at the level you can get it.

Wow.
Avoid playing a bard on party to not break balance. Then you have Deep Freeze. Can't avoid breaking the balance. Sawyer followers hate this guy.

What is better than a bard or a Deep Freeze?

Bard with Halcyon Lute spamming infinite free Deep Freeze! :smug:

TBH I gave up on music instruments. Those graphic effects are slowing combat down, I'd rather just mow through the mobs with melee alone. Still keep them around for those boss fights, the Horror is probably impossible without paralyze spam.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why are people complaining about the interface? Like, it's not bad, shit, Like I literally cannot understand the complaints. The shit is easy to use and while not intuitive, it is not clumsy or shitty. "it takes so many clicks to do [x]" like, how? I mean, I saw Baxander do it the hard way of clicking the arrows to change actions instead of right clicking the box that shows all of the actions, but other than that, shit doesn't take more than 2 or so clicks to do anything, unless for instance your character is wielding both a melee AND a ranged weapon (like a lead ball) which requires you to click once for the type of attack, then which target, and again for the lead ball target. But like, you only need to do that once.

jfunk

Augur
Holy shit Deep Freeze has to be the most OP spell of all time. Instakills pretty much everything you encounter at the level you can get it.

Wow.
Avoid playing a bard on party to not break balance. Then you have Deep Freeze. Can't avoid breaking the balance. Sawyer followers hate this guy.

TBH I gave up on music instruments. Those graphic effects are slowing combat down, I'd rather just mow through the mobs with melee alone. Still keep them around for those boss fights, the Horror is probably impossible without paralyze spam.

mondblunt, do you know how berserk works? So far, my berserker attacks my own people 100% of the time. Do you just have to keep letting him smack you around until he levels up far enough? At what point does he occasionally start hitting an enemy?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Wow.

mondblunt, do you know how berserk works? So far, my berserker attacks my own people 100% of the time. Do you just have to keep letting him smack you around until he levels up far enough? At what point does he occasionally start hitting an enemy?

Same here. He pummeled my own guys most of the time but he did whiff on some bugs a few times. Ultimately a bad ability in my experience.

mondblut

Arcane

I dunno, I take full advantage of the exploit with berserking order sticking after berserker condition has expired ;) Chance to attack proper targets might depend on skill, yes, but I haven't researched that.

jfunk

Augur

I dunno, I take full advantage of the exploit with berserking order sticking after berserker condition has expired ;) Chance to attack proper targets might depend on skill, yes, but I haven't researched that.

I believe that Cleve fixed that particular exploit. He stops getting the bonus (and leveling the ability) after the condition wears off now.

Tigranes

Arcane
Why are people complaining about the interface? Like, it's not bad, shit, Like I literally cannot understand the complaints. The shit is easy to use and while not intuitive, it is not clumsy or shitty. "it takes so many clicks to do [x]" like, how? I mean, I saw Baxander do it the hard way of clicking the arrows to change actions instead of right clicking the box that shows all of the actions, but other than that, shit doesn't take more than 2 or so clicks to do anything, unless for instance your character is wielding both a melee AND a ranged weapon (like a lead ball) which requires you to click once for the type of attack, then which target, and again for the lead ball target. But like, you only need to do that once.

So it doesn't take you more than two clicks to get an item from your inventory once you have 50+ items including 20 identical looking scrolls?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Why are people complaining about the interface? Like, it's not bad, shit, Like I literally cannot understand the complaints. The shit is easy to use and while not intuitive, it is not clumsy or shitty.

Because it is bad and clumsy?

- SuperID'd items in the journal
- Inventory in general
- Autowalking in map
- Examining item details
- Comparing items
- Resistances window
- Lack of tool tips (or their functionality)
- Obvious keyboard shortcuts missing (GOD DAMN ESCAPE KEY)

This is a long game with a lot of repetition. Every pointless click is a pointless click too many.

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
so, does 1.2.0.12:
- overhaul the stats and skills of npcs you can recruit
- solve the extra spells learning bug on level up
- fix spell caster spell schools restrictions when learning spells from books
- make music instruments only playable by bards and only when equipped
- make some enemies immune or at least resistant to some musical instruments
- make stats like con actually add something to the amount of hit points one gains at level up
- solve the bug that drains a character of all his vitality when hit by certain enemies
- make party members not get sleepy after turning around a few times and walking a few squares regardless of their max vitality
- add meaningful key binds
- make the game stable enough for people not to have to reload when fighting big worms
?

Does constitution not increase hit points? Then does it only increase resistance?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Why are people complaining about the interface? Like, it's not bad, shit, Like I literally cannot understand the complaints. The shit is easy to use and while not intuitive, it is not clumsy or shitty.

Because it is bad and clumsy?

- SuperID'd items in the journal
- Inventory in general
- Autowalking in map
- Examining item details
- Comparing items
- Resistances window
- Lack of tool tips (or their functionality)
- Obvious keyboard shortcuts missing (GOD DAMN ESCAPE KEY)

This is a long game with a lot of repetition. Every pointless click is a pointless click too many.

next you'll be complaining that there are no quest markers

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
next you'll be complaining that there are no quest markers

Would you kindly remain quiet while the grown ups are talking.

Sure buddy, while you complain about how hard it is to not play the game by auto walking I'll be sitting here and laughing at you in my childish way

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom