Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

slowtard

Educated
Game is very much fun! Thank you, Doctor Neanders. Especial the spit trickling down the mouths of the untrainables.

Slowtard posit that if a deviled egg with anchovy is white man's sushi, then Worcestershire must be his soy sauce. Ahem!

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Started my new party at the IMPRISONED location, playing on middle difficulty (advanced?). Never played this starting location before... Needless to say.... Things are.... NOT GOING AS EXPECTED
:shredder:

makchanka

Arbiter
Any word on whether Cleve will give us an option to either reduce the frequency of or completely turn off enemy sounds? I love the game, except for that one thing. I've had to turn off sound completely because it's so incredibly irritating to listen to SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE for minutes.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Any word on whether Cleve will give us an option to either reduce the frequency of or completely turn off enemy sounds? I love the game, except for that one thing. I've had to turn off sound completely because it's so incredibly irritating to listen to SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE SCREE for minutes.

crank up your autism level

Viata

Arcane
OH SHIT MY FELLOW NEGROS- New heroes have entered the fray- Their quest is simple; Find out what the fuck happened to the last 3 parties who have all disappeared off the face of the planet. Will they succeed... or fall prey mysterious forces that plague this land?

5N5etPU.jpg
That would actually be an amazing feature for such a game. If your party gets killed and you start over with a new party, find the remains of your old party at the location it got killed.
It would truly be a wizardry sequel.

He has said he will reduce the frequency of those sounds.

PEACH

Arbiter
I'd take grimoire's current balance over Sawyer shit anytime. It's not hard to avoid glaring issues what will be presumably fixed and to tailor balance to your liking and specifications if it's an issue for the time being.

On the other hand pillars' itemizing et al will always feel lifeless and flaccid regardless of your approach because it's designed to be as sterile and benign as humanly possible

Last edited:

makchanka

Arbiter

crank up your autism level

I can't, it's already at maximum.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
so, does 1.2.0.12:
- overhaul the stats and skills of npcs you can recruit
- solve the extra spells learning bug on level up
- fix spell caster spell schools restrictions when learning spells from books
- make music instruments only playable by bards and only when equipped
- make some enemies immune or at least resistant to some musical instruments
- make stats like con actually add something to the amount of hit points one gains at level up
- solve the bug that drains a character of all his vitality when hit by certain enemies
- make party members not get sleepy after turning around a few times and walking a few squares regardless of their max vitality
- add meaningful key binds
- make the game stable enough for people not to have to reload when fighting big worms
?

makchanka

Arbiter

He has said he will reduce the frequency of those sounds.

I'd blow Cleve if he weren't hiding his dick under a layer of fat and fanny pack.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Going to emptyquote a badgamer here because it's appropriately funny

its cool to watch a guy figure out why version control and build staging is necessary, in real time

I suppose neanderthals never discovered these things. Until now.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Holy shit Deep Freeze has to be the most OP spell of all time. Instakills pretty much everything you encounter at the level you can get it.

Wow.

That's actually on par with Wiz7, Deep Freeze was my go-to spell for killing tough single monsters

hitfan

Double Sided Games
Developer
Anyone have an issue with .12 so far? I did the uninstall/reinstall and it is running like a dream now with no problems.

I think it's running great and I don't see the need for any updates for a few weeks (unless there is a major showstopper type of bug) while Cleve focuses on working on the manual.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
To hell with CMB's programming. The fundamental game design of Grimoire is sublime.

Yeah I haven't played the latest builds enough to test their stability, but Cleve's level and gameplay design skills (barring some build imbalances, but which you could argue had been in the Wiz series since Bane) are top-notch. I'd love to see the Thal take a crack at making a PnP or wargame ruleset.

EDIT: Actually it would be pretty sweet to see Cleve design some tabletop dungeons and scenarios too.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom