Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
So far greatly enjoying it despite many frustrations. There are plenty bugs, plenty translation errors : Charles says to go east when in fact the person you are looking for is west", inventory tabs stay persistent even when the inventory is closed and accidently clicking on them causes a crash. I have a set of lockpicks but trying to use them causes an error, only bent wire seems to work as a lockpick. Having trouble progressing past where I am at as I have no armor, little money, and have exhausted the quests in the beginning areas -- everything in new reno requires establishing a rep which I cant do without money or more quests, or at least better translations of the ones I have, they often sound almost nonsensical or contain critical bugs.

On the plus side : My classic Fallout2 style character is shit here, there would have been plenty opportunity to use science, repair and doctor even in the beginning of the game. There is some optional crafting available, not just for survival goods but as alternative paths to quest resolution (craft drugs or poison rather than fighting or buying them). It's also neat to see familiar locations and even some people (or their ancestors) in events leading up to Fallout2. New art assets are very nice, as 1.5 Resurrection seemed to utilize NOTHING new except to write new scripting into old assets. Looking forward to playing this character into a dead end, and hoping an updated translation comes out with newer versions of the russian base game.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So far greatly enjoying it despite many frustrations. There are plenty bugs, plenty translation errors : Charles says to go east when in fact the person you are looking for is west", inventory tabs stay persistent even when the inventory is closed and accidently clicking on them causes a crash. I have a set of lockpicks but trying to use them causes an error, only bent wire seems to work as a lockpick. Having trouble progressing past where I am at as I have no armor, little money, and have exhausted the quests in the beginning areas -- everything in new reno requires establishing a rep which I cant do without money or more quests, or at least better translations of the ones I have, they often sound almost nonsensical or contain critical bugs.

On the plus side : My classic Fallout2 style character is shit here, there would have been plenty opportunity to use science, repair and doctor even in the beginning of the game. There is some optional crafting available, not just for survival goods but as alternative paths to quest resolution (craft drugs or poison rather than fighting or buying them). It's also neat to see familiar locations and even some people (or their ancestors) in events leading up to Fallout2. New art assets are very nice, as 1.5 Resurrection seemed to utilize NOTHING new except to write new scripting into old assets. Looking forward to playing this character into a dead end, and hoping an updated translation comes out with newer versions of the russian base game.

Best way to make money in the early game: go to Gerlach and ask the expert hunter there to train you (not sure what the skill/stat checks are for this). During the quest he'll give you a bunch of traps for free. And you'll end the hunting quest with a bunch of Gecko eggs that you can sell for good money to the restaurant in Reno (the one in hotel silver). You can then use the traps to kill Geckos and sell the skins for decent money.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron

Best way to make money in the early game: go to Gerlach and ask the expert hunter there to train you (not sure what the skill/stat checks are for this). During the quest he'll give you a bunch of traps for free. And you'll end the hunting quest with a bunch of Gecko eggs that you can sell for good money to the restaurant in Reno (the one in hotel silver). You can then use the traps to kill Geckos and sell the skins for decent money.

Damn...I already sent everyone to be slaves in Vault City and killed the last remaining people to get some weapons.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Oops. Just kill your way through Reno then and you'll be fine. There are all those pairs of thugs in leather--pretty sure you can kill 'em all without locking yourself out of any quests.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Cool. I was hoping killing everyone in the small towns would get me some armor, like in 1.5 Resurrection, but alas, the creators anticipated that and none of them drop it. Ive been paranoid that pissing one person off will piss the whole town off like in Fallout: 1/2

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Doctor and Repair are useful in every town so far; so I lock-picking which you can farm locking every open door for added XP Comrade which gives you nice loot too; and Yes Combat built is not needed in begining of game; you can always find alternative quest solutions and later on even your diplomat, engineer or Doc will have enough skill point to master one weapon to beat the few not avoidable fights. As to translation its getting rougher the farther you go; still talking to people around helps a lot. Mild spoiler: Finish every quest in Gerlah AND two towns close to it before deciding its fate; its not like you have some timer on the quest or it gives your PC mayor reward. I agree that despite the bugs game made me glued to monitor; Did not had so much fun since AoD was released.

:russia:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Agreed, it's the best new game I've played in ages. Absolutely belongs in the same league as the originals. I tried playing Resurrection today but Nevada has ruined me for other total conversion mods, it's just so much better.

I don't even mind the less edited parts that much--it's like a translation minigame. Anyone with the patience should play it now because there's a lot of replay value, so when we come back to it in six months we'll be pleasantly surprised by the progress of the translation.

Doing all the quests for both factions in Lovelock makes things a little weird. Some of the Cheyenne still hate me for consorting with the raiders even after I poisoned all of them.

Be careful trying to play the gangsters in Reno against each other. I know Thompson tells you to fuck off if you do more than a quest or two for Stryker.

One thing that's killing me: I've made it all the way to the train in SLC, but I never found the controller chip for the car so I've been slogging it on foot the whole time.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Agreed, it's the best new game I've played in ages. Absolutely belongs in the same league as the originals. I tried playing Resurrection today but Nevada has ruined me for other total conversion mods, it's just so much better.

I don't even mind the less edited parts that much--it's like a translation minigame. Anyone with the patience should play it now because there's a lot of replay value, so when we come back to it in six months we'll be pleasantly surprised by the progress of the translation.

Doing all the quests for both factions in Lovelock makes things a little weird. Some of the Cheyenne still hate me for consorting with the raiders even after I poisoned all of them.

Be careful trying to play the gangsters in Reno against each other. I know Thompson tells you to fuck off if you do more than a quest or two for Stryker.

One thing that's killing me: I've made it all the way to the train in SLC, but I never found the controller chip for the car so I've been slogging it on foot the whole time.

Tip:

Read the holotape Deputy left in Vault City

Check the Garage in Gecko and Crane next to it

Bring Rope with you (I believe one can be found in building) But... Be careful as Area is very radioactive.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Anybody knows who is running te Drug Lab in New Vegas? I found note leading to some schmuck in Pure City but its not enough proof for Mayor.
You should also do an infiltration mission.

Looks Like I killed them already... Got the files from Comp and note from inside of desk; Only thing I did not tried were missions from Cassino Boss cause they do lower your Karma too much.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Looks Like I killed them already... Got the files from Comp and note from inside of desk; Only thing I did not tried were missions from Cassino Boss cause they do lower your Karma too much.
You shouldn't do them, however. Only take it tho. What does mayor says so far?

Commissar Draco

Patron
You shouldn't do them, however. Only take it tho. What does mayor says so far?

Yes I got themp taped although I am not sure giving them to likely corrupt chief of Police has any sense.... Anyway Major asks first about Philips which I solved, then about the lab and then He asks who runs the laboratory.... Of which I answer I have no idea (found secret entrance but its only leading outside lab with no path leading to location of elusive adminstrator.

And Btw the animated heads in Vegas are all mismatched... Mayor Has The Tank, Cassino guy the head of Ghul and Ghul has a face of some guy in power armor.

P.S. Started from save when entered Lab and now will try to do this in sneaky way instead; Strange such game did not forseen option going in Dirty Harry style. :salute:

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Eh, I don't 'member much about Vegas. Gotta go replay Nevada in translation right now.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Thinking about volunteering for editing, as the translations start to get really bad after the starting areas.

also Ive gotten to Vegas and Salt Lake but still cant find clothes for the damned Indian on Luciano's ranch. wtf? leather jacket, various armor, hospital clothes, so far he wont wear anything. everytime i get a new item that remotely could be clothing I go back to check.
also
do the electrical panels do anything? the game always tells me that they are doors that are blocked, and science/repair/bash nothing works to any effect

it's continually hard to tell what is a bug, what is a translation error, and what is just me not figuring shit out. But Ive spend 20hrs in 4 days which is more than i can say for most games.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Clothes:

I'm pretty sure you can find the clothes for that guy in Lovelock, on the clothes line near the raider's water tank.

As for the electric panels, you should be able to interact with some of them. Sounds like a bug.

Some of them can be opened and then you can shut the power on or off with the repair skill, like the one outside the two-story building in Hawthorne or the one in the military compound in Wind of War.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Clothes:

I'm pretty sure you can find the clothes for that guy in Lovelock, on the clothes line near the raider's water tank.

As for the electric panels, you should be able to interact with some of them. Sounds like a bug.

Some of them can be opened and then you can shut the power on or off with the repair skill, like the one outside the two-story building in Hawthorne or the one in the military compound in Wind of War.
for clothes, Ill check that out.
as far as panels I think it's a bug as repair only says "that does nothing" and I cant interact with them outside of opening the door due to "this door is blocked".
updating my .txt list to send to Dionis

Commissar Draco

Patron
Thinking about volunteering for editing, as the translations start to get really bad after the starting areas.

also Ive gotten to Vegas and Salt Lake but still cant find clothes for the damned Indian on Luciano's ranch. wtf? leather jacket, various armor, hospital clothes, so far he wont wear anything. everytime i get a new item that remotely could be clothing I go back to check.
also
do the electrical panels do anything? the game always tells me that they are doors that are blocked, and science/repair/bash nothing works to any effect

it's continually hard to tell what is a bug, what is a translation error, and what is just me not figuring shit out. But Ive spend 20hrs in 4 days which is more than i can say for most games.

About Clothes:
Leather Jacket and Worn Leather Jacket both worked for me Comrade.

Decided to f... the detective quest for now and move on with main quest and visit Salt Lake City which is very nice arena btw:

XFBin2K.jpg

Here is Comrade Commissar Draco IV, Militia Captain of Uranograd in his full assembled Medved Armor standing next to his brand new Pobeda car. :russia:

P.S. Nice allusion to Beth Fallout Btw. :hero:

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron

also

About Clothes:
Leather Jacket and Worn Leather Jacket both worked for me Comrade.

Decided to f... the detective quest for now and move on with main quest and visit Salt Lake City which is very nice arena btw:

XFBin2K.jpg

Here is Comrade Commissar Draco IV, Militia Captain of Uranograd in his full assembled Medved Armor standing next to his brand new Pobeda car. :russia:

P.S. Nice allusion to Beth Fallout Btw. :hero:
weird I have a leather jacket in my inventory but he won't take it. However, realized I need to update my patch, ill try that and see if some of my bugs resolve with the new version/translation. fortunately Fallout is one of those games I dont mind restarting and trying new things.

Commissar Draco

Patron
He wont take the one you can... acquire in ranch you need the most basic one.... although I do think the reinforced model might work too; if this fails too check the clothes line in Lovelock Comrade.

Game crashed on me couple of time when entered Arena 51 hangar btw.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
To anyone who feels like giving up the detective quest in Vegas:

The police chief has a note on him that implicates him in corruption. You need to steal it to advance the quest. There may be another way to get it short of killing him, but I haven't figured it out.

valcik

Arcane
How do I activate crafting interface?
Entering the little big city at level 4 right now. Got some blueprints for melee weapon, and lone wanderer taught me how to cook iguanas.
Tried binocular icon action on my Vault Dweller hoping to get it working the same way as in Mr. Fixit mod, with no luck.
What's going on bros FFS halp!

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
How do I activate crafting interface?
Entering the little big city at level 4 right now. Got some blueprints for melee weapon, and lone wanderer taught me how to cook iguanas.
Tried binocular icon action on my Vault Dweller hoping to get it working the same way as in Mr. Fixit mod, with no luck.
What's going on bros FFS halp!

You need to go to a campfire for consumables or a workbench for equipment. There's one in each of the larger cities and I think there's one in the hunter's house in Gerlach.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom