Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ni no Kuni II announced - Coming to PC too!

flyingjohn

Arcane
That interview is just despair inducing.
"People wanted something new and flashy for the combat system."
No,people wanted a normal jrpg system and not a hybrid mess the original was.
People wanted a normal ai,not complete idiots rivaling persona 3.
People wanted Pokemon lite,not a mess of mechanics they tried to "innovate with".
They learned nothing,which is no surprise considering they made the same mistakes with yokai watch and now the franchise is practically dead.
Hell yokai watch failure might be why they are making this for the pc.

lightbane

Arcane
I thought Yokai Watch was somewhat a success, considering they made like 3 games already. Then again, Level-5 works better when there's another party keeping an eye on them so they don't go full retard. Otherwise, shit like WHite Knight Chronicles or Wrath of the White Witch happens.

Deleted member 7219

I wish they'd get rid of that cutesy chibi art style on the world map. No reason for it to be there at all. The first game didn't have it and it has nothing to do with the Ghibli style of animation.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Delayed to January 19th, 2018, and clarifying there's no multiplayer planned:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm happy and sad at the same time. On one hand, it's one of my most anticipated games but one the other hand, huge backlog.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not super excited by the combat and the removal of familiars. On the other hand, the combat in the first games wasn't exactly amazing.

This, Yakuza 6 and possibly DQXI in 2018 will be glorious.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Hm,the minimum specs are literally my computer specs.I guess i can expect a smooth 10 fps then.
:negative:

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm wondering since they're talking about multiplayer, if they'll include couch co-op.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I shall remove my trailer link: Have these instead:
Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-18-17_001.jpg_600.jpg
Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-18-17_002.jpg_600.jpg

Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-18-17_003.jpg_600.jpg
Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-18-17_004.jpg_600.jpg
Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-18-17_005.jpg_600.jpg
Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-18-17_008.jpg_600.jpg

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
It truly looks amazing. However: Will this be an actually good game? After White Knight Chronicles and how they mutilated the original NNK from the DS with the PS3 adaptation, any faith I had in Level-5 is long gone.Perhaps they'll introduce (again) monetization schemes with the town-building aspect?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I didn't even know the DS version had turn-based combat. How anyone can consider party members controlled by an AI an improvement over basic turn-based combat has always been beyond me.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also a teaser about PC release of the first game from Level 5 CEO: http://www.pcgamer.com/ni-no-kuni-2-dev-teases-the-original-game-on-pc/

When we asked Akihiro Hino about our chances of seeing a PC port, he laughed. “I'll leave that up to your imagination for now, but stay tuned for more official announcements. I'll leave it at that.”

It’s definitely not a no, then.

Hino also told us about the PC version of Ni No Kuni 2. “There aren't any major differences in the story and characters, but with PC, as I'm sure you know, there's all ranges of hardware. People will be able to experience a more gorgeous version of Ni No Kuni 2, depending on what sort of hardware they have in their PCs.”

He also explained that Level 5 consider 60fps the bare minimum for PC, and while it’s still being optimized, that’s the performance target, even on more modest rigs.

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom is due out in January 2018.

He also explained that Level 5 consider 60fps the bare minimum for PC

:obviously:

IIRC Hino is/was a PC gamer and was an avid Ultima Online player.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I have no interest in the PC version myself. I got the platinum trophy in the PS3 version. That doesn't mean I'm not happy about a PC version. Spread the Ni No Kuni love! :hug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom