Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I'm still playing Katawa Shoujo until this is in a more playable state, BTW.

Maybe Cleve could spare a bit of his Steam money to hire a good coder to speed up the process. Blow a few grand to really polish it up and earn a lot more? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Has anyone else who paid for the game found that the charge from Steam dropped off their bill? Was there for several days, noticed I had more money than I should have, and the charge was gone. Hmmmm....

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
fWdVGu9.png

:what:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure exactly what this means, but seems to imply the worst. Think fucking carefully before going down this road Cleve, breaking savegames again will be a major issue, worse than telling <2.0.7 people to start again imo (as many of them seem to have already).

EM5OCL0.png

Cleve is a man on a mission: self-destruction.

To be honest, I thought not fixing those savegames was the worst he could do. But he came up with a worse option. Chances are, most people has already restarted 2 days later; deleting their progress again is going to break havoc.

Also, apparently Thals are not into exception handling. "are going to crash" is unacceptable. There you go, an easy way to differentiate the 1.2.0.7 file, it crashes the loader, handle it with the old code then.

Inquisition

Educated
I find it somewhat amusing that Cleve isn't even acknowledging the people who believed in him the most.

Why not simply not remove it from an inventory in the mean time? It's 80mb.

Yeah, it's really shitty. I also still have not received my key. Have been playing with the idea to buy it again, but... no.

Scummy move from C.M.B. Not that his backers have been treated any differently the last couple of years, though.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Not sure exactly what this means, but seems to imply the worst. Think fucking carefully before going down this road Cleve, breaking savegames again will be a major issue, worse than telling <2.0.7 people to start again imo (as many of them seem to have already).

EM5OCL0.png

To be honest, I thought not fixing those savegames was the worst he could do. But he came up with a worse option. Chances are, most people has already restarted 2 days later; deleting their progress again is going to break havoc.

Also, apparently Thals are not into exception handling. "are going to crash" is unacceptable. There you go, an easy way to differentiate the 1.2.0.7 file, it crashes the loader, handle it with the old code then.
Well I restarted and have another 10 or so hours....

I'm now over here screaming and someone will probably call the police- So in case I dont post again for awhile...

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
At least after the release the drama and fun not only isn't over, but just started. Steam forums are hilarious.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

EM5OCL0.png

Exactly. Who cares if he can't determine whether the save is old or new, you handle both old and new and use the the new going forward.

mogwaimon

Magister
Has anyone else who paid for the game found that the charge from Steam dropped off their bill? Was there for several days, noticed I had more money than I should have, and the charge was gone. Hmmmm....

It's rare but sometimes does happen with Steam charges. Don't spend the money unless you want to get hit with overdraft from the bank. You'll probably see the money get taken off again in a day or two depending on how you paid for it.

bataille

Arcane
So what's the deal with all the people frantically updating their game after the 'save game fiasco'?
I'm like 40 maps in and still on V1, feels bretty good, just had to kick the bard out.
If you don't want to deal with bugs, you probably should postpone playing the game for at least a few months. Stuff that matters -- like broken music, balance, recruitable NPCs with almost maxed out skills, interface, etc -- is here to stay for some time.
That being said, I don't think that fixing it is going to enhance the experience that much. Might as well play V1. It's good, I promise.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
wtf is this bshit with the saves lol, feel happy to have the game and not started playing yet.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
So what's the deal with all the people frantically updating their game after the 'save game fiasco'?
I'm like 40 maps in and still on V1, feels bretty good, just had to kick the bard out.
If you don't want to deal with bugs, you probably should postpone playing the game for at least a few months. Stuff that matters -- like broken music, balance, recruitable NPCs with almost maxed out skills, interface, etc -- is here to stay for some time.
That being said, I don't think that fixing it is going to enhance the experience that much. Might as well play V1. It's good, I promise.
Yeah, I have my V1 save but thats kind of not the point.

And who knows whats coming along 100 hours in that a V1 save wont be compatible with (hence wanting to upgrade each version)- Sound like you'll be good now but I would have thought it would be the other way around especially based on what Cleve said-

Not mad either, or bitching about bugs- But if you cant understand why this kind of sucks I dont know what else to say.

But you are right- I'm done until I know this is stable. I'm fine with restarts and usually restart a ton but knowing I'm losing the ability to save is not quite the same as choosing to start over.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
just had to kick the bard out.

Why? Did you get tired of cheesing the game?

It's rare but sometimes does happen with Steam charges. Don't spend the money unless you want to get hit with overdraft from the bank. You'll probably see the money get taken off again in a day or two depending on how you paid for it.

I'm good for it, just want to make sure Cleve Supreme gets his dues.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'm still using the original version, so I'm happier with him breaking the newest version rather than the older versions. Sucks for people who started/restarted yesterday though.

bataille

Arcane
Yeah, I have my V1 save but thats kind of not the point.

And who knows whats coming along 100 hours in that a V1 save wont be compatible with (hence wanting to upgrade each version)- Sound like you'll be good now but I would have thought it would be the other way around especially based on what Cleve said-

Not mad either, or bitching about bugs- But if you cant understand why this kind of sucks I dont know what else to say.

But you are right- I'm done until I know this is stable. I'm fine with restarts and usually restart a ton but knowing I'm losing the ability to save is not quite the same as choosing to start over.

If something happens 100 hours in, I'll just stop playing and forget the whole ordeal. And it still would be a better experience than this thing that's going on right now.

just had to kick the bard out.

Why? Did you get tired of cheesing the game?

Well, I kicked her out the moment I realized the implications of the broken music skill being combined with the newly found paralyzing harp.
Have been a smooth sail ever since, if you don't count her potential replacements being broken as well, heh.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I wonder if people running 1.2.0.7 could roll back to 1.2.0.5 and re-save before going to the upcoming version. Probably not, but worth a try.

Nyast

Cipher
But at least they can't have too many hours invested in the game if they started in the past 2 days. Whereas (like me) others might already be reaching 20+ hours and would simply stop playing if we had to restart over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom