Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Have any IGG backers seen their custom perks in-game?
I'm currently watching Baxander's YT LP. Looks like he's having fun, and it's entertaining to watch. I haven't seen any cut scenes yet. I vaguelly remember Cleve stating that there were 37? cut scenes.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I just saw this is mostly positive now on Steam with very favourable reviews on the front page.
That changed fast, congrats Cleve!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Everybody found the Golden Baby wanted poster? Game is genius.
There's also things like this:

542xwFh.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was one of my favorite parts of the Wizardry games.

Finding hidden jokes like that.

I just hope I get my steam key before my semester starts in 2 weeks. I really want to play this game before I have to spend all day studying.

A600

Educated
My autohotkey script with proper movement keys for those interested. Use F12 to enable/disable the script when you need to type text.

Code:
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Grimoire.exe
F12::Suspend, Toggle ;Disable/Enable Script
r::F2 ;Rest
m::F3 ;Automap
j::F4 ;Journal
F5::F6 ;Quick Save
F6::F5 ;Game Menu
a::z ;Strafe Left
d::x ;Strafe Right
q::left ;Turn Left
e::right ;Turn Right

and the batch I use to launch the game with a resolution that looks nice, because the ingame scaler at 1080p is crap. You'll need NirCmd

Code:
start nircmd.exe setdisplay 1280 768 32
start steam://rungameid/650670

Weasel
Having a blast on my Let's Play, and I mean a BLAST!! Sometimes in life we are wrong about things, it happens.
I will take my extra helping of crow.

When your Grimoire LPs inevitably turn you into a big time Youtube celebrity, just remember the little guys who were there at the beginning, making Baxander memes

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Having a blast on my Let's Play, and I mean a BLAST!! Sometimes in life we are wrong about things, it happens.

So you shit talked a game and its developer nonstop, made insane hate filled videos where you get quite clearly emotional and your voice breaks. But now you've done a 180? Really makes you think.

Did you at least get a legitimate copy of the game?

Achilles

Arcane

So you shit talked a game and its developer nonstop, made insane hate filled videos where you get quite clearly emotional and your voice breaks. But now you've done a 180? Really makes you think.

Before Grimoire's release the shit talking towards Cleve was justified. I'd say that the only big faux pas by Baxander was his video where he played the superdemo for eight or so minutes looking for things to make fun of. It takes a big man to admit his mistake, good for him.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
This user review on metacritic made me lol. Clearly trollish yet they gave Cleve a 10.

"As a furry and a redditor of trans-colour, there aren't many games that represent me. in Grimoire I can be whatever I want I can be a Naga or a Drow the possibilities are endless!
I am currently playing the game as we speak sure there might be a micro issue or two but they are patched in mere minutes. The game is literally perfect!"

Baxander

Augur

Um yes. Steam account : baxman74

Weasel
Not sure exactly what this means, but seems to imply the worst. Think fucking carefully before going down this road Cleve, breaking savegames again will be a major issue, worse than telling <2.0.7 people to start again imo (as many of them seem to have already).

EM5OCL0.png

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected

The specified profile could not be found.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Not sure exactly what this means, but seems to imply the worst. Think fucking carefully before going down this road Cleve, breaking savegames again will be a major issue, worse than telling <2.0.7 people to start again imo (as many of them seem to have already).

EM5OCL0.png

They should have backed up their saves, and if not they can still play the older version. The game can run in its own folder for fucks sake, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to simply copy/paste the folder somewhere on your PC and play through that or simply overwrite your Steam copy of the game with an older backed up version (Steam can't tell the difference).

I've been using a copy of .5 and it runs really well (so far). I'll update whenever I know it won't break my game for sure.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

That was one of my favorite parts of the Wizardry games.

Finding hidden jokes like that.

I just hope I get my steam key before my semester starts in 2 weeks. I really want to play this game before I have to spend all day studying.
I find it somewhat amusing that Cleve isn't even acknowledging the people who believed in him the most.

Why not simply not remove it from an inventory in the mean time? It's 80mb.

Baxander

Augur

The specified profile could not be found.

Try Baxter...sorry
WcVg2X5.png
L4uA4zL.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom