Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Quatlo

Arcane
Yeah Im dropping from 140 fps to 5 when playing with my friend thats an aurabot.
GGG magic

Grif

Learned
New acts seem lovely. And a twist I thought was a little shoe-horned in but eh, I get to see my Firetrap/FireSurge trapper explode templars so that's okay.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Ripped on my first Innocence try with a Spectral Throw Raider. He hits pretty fucking hard.

Going to try some kind of Saboteur miner now.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ripped on my first Innocence try with a Spectral Throw Raider. He hits pretty fucking hard.

Going to try some kind of Saboteur miner now.
I decided to go sc like a scrub for first run of new content, ripped a few times to the gawd emprah, and to some other new stuff as well.

Was not a huge fan of act 5, felt like all the levels were twice as big as they should have been.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Doing solo reached act 6 in more or less 12 hours, hitting hard with storm burst and getting hit just as hard good to clear mobs but I couldn't kill any bosses after dominus without dying.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got a totem build, I throw down 2 totems and run around with 1900 life so I was able to do Act 5 without deaths.

Grif

Learned
I only ripped to the final boss in A5. Wasn't expecting his hand-scrape to deal that much damage. (I think one of his champion dealt absurd damage too, but I chalked that to my lack of resistance and the fact that I still had two white gear on). Something similar happened in A6 final boss as well.

T. Reich

Arcane
In 3.0.0 a ton of shield implicits and explicits were reworked.

To anyone in the guild about to start mapping - I started putting low-tier maps with good layouts in guild tab 3. Feel free to use them.

Also, I now have 4 exalts. None of them dropped:dance:.

Varvarg

Educated
Dark pact is really funny and does loads of deeps. First wanted to try a trickster with cast on self, but decided to do a summoner with skellie totem in the end.

Even so, the damage is super good. And it seems the chaining explosions will overlap and cause more damage. The damage feels like that at least. Probably not intended if so. I can see a nerf coming. Sadly.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Maps got bigger so here take these dumb fireflies to occupy your inventory space for 4 of them.

Varvarg

Educated
poison seems toothless anyways. tried replacing controlled destruction with poison for the last Kitava fight. Did nothing.

My current links are dark pact, echo, void manip, controlled dest. Will add conc effect for boss. Only for last link would i add poison, but then again added chaos exists...

Have been considering self casting skeletons, with From Dust jewel. There's this annoying delay before the totem starts casting skeletons

AMG

Arbiter
Jesus, that fucking Act 10 boss, dunno how anyone thought the visuals in that fight are even remotely okay. I pity anyone who plays a janky build, because that fight is going to be really frustrating for them.

Overall I'm not sure how I feel about the new acts. The part II is really overloaded with damage spongey bossfights, which is kinda fatiguing. On the other hand most of them are good, some even great. Innocence is probably my favourite boss in the game now. The acts themselves are not much to talk about, it's just some remixed tilestes from atlas of worlds and mobs with pallete swapped skills. More refreshing than same shit 3 times, but nothing special really.
Acts 5 and 10 tilests are very pretty, but content wise they are rather short and populated with samey enemies. I guess I'm kinda dissapointed tbh, although I'm not sure what I was expecting.

Harbinger is pretty shit league too, it's perandus without rewards. The harbingers themselves don't even do anything and waiting on them to summon more mobs is annoying as well. Almost Talisman tier.

Well, I guess 3.0 was bound to be rough around the edges. Having lots of new mobs in maps is pretty fun. Looking foward to map verions of some of part II bossfights in 3.1 or whenever.

Varvarg

Educated
I did try it self cast, and it works better in my setup. Here's how i'm doing it:

zombies in 4 link, with 1 of the zombie jewels (violent dead iirc). Minion speed, minion damage and minon life. Could use a melee splash instead of damage, and skip the jewel. These guys will tank and pick off any stragglers. Also note I'm playing necromancer ascendancy. Also using Hatred as a boost for them.

skeletons in another 4 link: minion speed, faster casting, minion life. The speed part is important, it will make the skellies home in on enemies. The skeletons will be my nuke against bosses.

Wither totem!

Such a great skill, since you can use it multiple ways btw.

I played around in path of building, and added chaos is the best, even better than conc effect. So, for bosses added chaos would be best if on a 5 link. Lesser poison is decent, because of the added chaos part, but still loses to both conc effect and added chaos. Increased area of effect is probably best for clear.

I'm eyeing a carcass jack for a chest. Some favor cherubim's malefiance instead, but that will be a pain to color.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If you use dark pact with a spell totem, does it use the totem's life or yours?

It uses totem life. Didn't think about that you weaboo bastard :salute:

edit: would probably need ancestral bond for it to be really good tho
Might be a good build, wither doesn't deal damage anyways so you can manually cast that in between dropping totems on bosses. Will wait and see how it's panning out though, would be a pretty specialized character with nothing to fall back on if it isn't good.

Charged dash seems fairly effective from what I've played so far, not that that is a lot. But it seems to have good coverage and deals enough damage to clear trash easily, as one would expect. Vs bosses the damage is lacking, however the mobility is great. Unlike every other movement skill, theres no windup or travel between releasing the click and moving to the destination. As long as you aimed well before hand, it's a perfect tool for dodging stuff at the last second.

It's other main flaw is being clunky in tight quarters; you really want to charge the full distance, having to do half charges or trying to hit things in the corners of rooms makes the skill a lot worse.

baturinsky

Arcane
I can't figure what build to respec my pre-3.0 characters to. Bladefall trapper build page says "poison is dead, build is no more kthxb". Witch Whispering Ice says "ES is dead, build is no more kthxb". Too afraid to look up builds for my other characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom