Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why? Afraid to not be called reactionary? Racist? Or even worse gasp, white male?

Lurk more. Learn how to be a reactionary racist white male without acting like overenthusiastic retard and a poster boy for "lol raycis sure are duumb".

Ok. One question for you and others, pal.

If I was unironic black supremacists or Jihad enthusiast, would such subtlety and nuance be expected from me?

Kitchen Utensil

Why? Afraid to not be called reactionary? Racist? Or even worse gasp, white male?

Lurk more. Learn how to be a reactionary racist white male without acting like overenthusiastic retard and a poster boy for "lol raycis sure are duumb".

If I was unironic black supremacists or Jihad enthusiast, would such subtlety and nuance be expected from me?

No, because those guys are retarded. They don't know any better.

mondblut

Arcane

Subtlety and nuance would make them less of hilarious lolcows for our monocled community, so, no, it is undesirable. As is acting indistinguishable from them.

Jazz_

Arcane
I'm a progressive leftard and Cleve is my favorite codexer.

giphy.gif

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

No, because those guys are retarded. They don't know any better.

WEW!

W E W!

WEW!

That's problematic and racist in more ways then there are genders according to Salon.

Subtlety and nuance would make them less of hilarious lolcows for our monocled community, so, no, it is undesirable. As is acting indistinguishable from them.

Really? Can you quote where I expressed anything remotely similar to race supremacy or literal Holy War?

If it's not addressed at me then why did you put it in reply? Have we really declined so much that anyone who's against annihilation of any race (WEW! even crackas) and giving certain roles to every member of any race is immediately assumed as closeted 'white supremacist' and other BS?

Wew. Continue 'monocled' gentlemen to discuss your video games. While it's still legal and monocles haven't been outlawed as a tool of racist, Cleve normative, Neanderthal patriarchy. You've got a decade or two, at best...

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Your whole language is centered in horseshit Internetz speak. Say something that has meaning or context outside of your bubble or STFU.

Tomatohead

Learned
Politics and games don't mix in my opinion. It is so annoying that no matter where you go on internet there seems to be some kind of political agenda going on. I play videogames to escape reality and on other hand, it's fun banter and crapshoot as well but nothing else...
:discohitler:
Damn I think I need shot of Eukodal! Adolf is #partying @ fuhrerbunker.

Turjan

Arcane
There were quite a lot of people who typed ?RudeChap?, around the same time yesterday for the giveaway. Because Steam was practicing decline and it took 1 day for purchases to kick back in, everyone who typed it should now have a copy.
Thank you very much! That came completely unexpected. I guess I'll wait for real play till tomorrow when the savegame feature gets another patch, but I will already have a look at character generation. Thanks a lot for the generosity!

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many people have got their backer keys so far? Still waiting on mine...
I got mine on Sunday. Immediately bought another one for my brother's birthday (he is also a Wizardry fan, and has played through the W6-W8 arc). :)

Just testing the waters with this version, but I see it has grown quite a lot since the superdemo days. Incline of the Incline. :incline: (Except the viewport; the superdemo could do 1600x900 without black borders. And I don't like how there is a confirmation prompt for Endgame in battles, but that's really minor.)

One more thought: tab key to open and close map. Also, left and right scroll keys for cycling through party members you've created in library. Interface is a little unintuitive, and what is with all these "no penetration" attacks? I don't know what the different attack types mean either. Valiant effort, either way. I'm going to go back to playing, this has been an exciting month for me.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
The last laugh is being had by Indiegogo backers as everybody who started playing before them has had their saves broken.
TBH people are taking it better than I would have imagined. A few really pissed off people and a few changed reviews but overall everyone is pretty understanding.

...We really do have stockholm syndrome dont we. =(

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I know Cleve is now an official Big Deal, and I am happy for his success, but I want to repost the best Cleve post on the codex.

YOUR GUT IMPULSE AT FIRST GLANCE IS THAT SHE SOMEHOW HAS SERPENTINE FEATURES, LIKE A COBRA.

YOU ARE SCARED. YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND PUSHES THAT THOUGHT DOWN. THAT'S JUST CRAZY, YOU THINK. I CAN'T ADMIT THAT WAS MY GUT INSTINCT.

WHEN YOU BELONG TO A FAMILY OF SERPENT WORSHIPPERS WHO ONLY BREED IN THEIR OWN NARROW ELITE ROYAL CLASS FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS AND EACH TIME YOU PICK A WIFE FROM YOUR SOCIAL STRATUM YOU PICK SOMEONE WHO LOOKS LIKE A SNAKE BECAUSE ALL YOU DO ALL DAY IS WORSHIP SNAKES, EVENTUALLY YOUR KIDS WILL LOOK LIKE SNAKES. GENETIC SELECTION FOR SNAKE APPEARANCE EVERY SINGLE MARRIAGE. SNAKES IS ALL YOU KNOW. SNAKE-FEATURES ARE A SIGN OF STATUS AND POWER. SNAKES ARE COOL. SO YOU THINK UGLY BITCHES LIKE THIS ARE PRETTY WHEN IN FACT THEY ARE HIDEOUS, REPTILIAN ABOMINATIONS.

3000 YEARS LATER, THE BITCH STILL LOOKS LIKE A SNAKE. FOR A REASON. A SIMPLE REASON. HER ANCESTORS WERE THE RULING CLASS OF A SNAKE WORSHIP CULT WHO THOUGHT SNAKES WERE ATTRACTIVE.

2691770-7037777652-Anita.jpg

HINT : THEY AREN'T. SUCKS TO BE YOU, MELONHEAD. REALITY IS A BITCH WHEN THE TRUTH COMES OUT AND IT LOOKS LIKE ANITA's FACE.

Danthar

Novice
Fate: Gates of Dawn is your game!

Fate is the best blobber I have ever played, and the biggest, by a factor of 10 or more :) What a game. It isn't hard to find a copy and an emulator to run it.
maybe after grimoire.

So, combining that with your signature:

[QUOTE="Reapa"
]I am here to teach you fear...
For this is my prophecy:
There will be no more new good RPG's coming out ever again...
ever...
(10 July 2011)[/QUOTE]

-> Fear is dead?

Latro

Arcane

:lol:

I thought GOG was about "Good old Games".When the hell did a bunch of SJWs get over there and cry about "MUH FEELINGS" and tell people to buy J-RPGS. Guess I missed something because reading the last few pages of the Grimoire thread there made my balls shrivel.

https://af.gog.com/forum/general/so_grimoire/page60?as=1649904300
What the flying fuck happened to GoG? Their forum seems to be filled with "feminist gamers" and "respect muh pronouns" and people throwing out retarded buzzwords and calling Cleve all sorts of names? I don't remember it being this bad a few years back.

trannies and other mentally ill leftists love to attach themselves to "hardcore" niche things, without any real obvious specifics because it's all superficial. they love anime/hentai and all that nonsense in the same way, only classic RPGs don't really fit any of that dumb shit so it makes even less sense. see speedrunning too, trannies have definitely ruined that little clique in 2-3 years flat

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom