Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
There are no fucking "pointers" in the save file.

What an ass.

Zep--

I guess he means IDs to items, locations or variables that have been removed or changed.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
? NotAGolfer ?
sawyer, is that you?
A little paranoid, aren't we?

Resurrecting dead party members without permanent penalties worked perfectly fine in the RoA series. Just make sure that it's not something your other party members can do whenever they want, either force the player to spend resources that have a limited number in the game or let NPCs do it. Those have to be paid generously of course, making money or whatever resource you want to use as currency an issue. And the way to reach those NPCs has to be long and dangerous enough (on the average) to make it a nuisance to use their services frequently.

All this Grimoire hype made me want to try the original Wizardry series btw. So I decided to start with Bane of the Cosmic Forge (Wiz VI).
Online guides are a little scary tbh. I don't want to change classes for fucks sake. I don't want to do this and I don't want to metagame. So I guess I'll just ignore them, look at some charts in the cluebook that comes with GoG and try my luck playing it blind... maybe I'll better read the part in the manual on what the skills do.
Thank god there's at least an automapping mod. Mapping by hand? Fuck off, can't do that, I'm not 15 anymore and my time is limited.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its either fixed, or i am giving up with this. Will not start this over and over , as its likely to happen again.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Zep Zepo Perhaps he means in memory, like after they are loaded? Or something in the save file that results in a bad pointer? You understand such concepts yes?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
One more thing: I think you should bite the bullet and design actual armor for the rag dolls. The green is clashing, I'd rather you go with a black ragdoll, and then fill it in with white as your character gets armor. Green is just... glaring.

Digressing back to main topic, has anyone figured out lock-picking?

Seems like your lockpicking skill affects the number of ? squares that are revealed/how many chances you get to fail (represented as far as I can tell by the stars on the bottom, 1 star = one mistake and you're out, 4 stars = you can make 4 errors). There have been cases where I know exactly the word needed to unlock the door but there are doubles of certain letters and it is possible to select the wrong one, despite it being the right letter.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
? NotAGolfer ?
sawyer, is that you?
A little paranoid, aren't we?

Resurrecting dead party members without permanent penalties worked perfectly fine in the RoA series. Just make sure that it's not something your other party members can do whenever they want, either force the player to spend resources that have a limited number in the game or let NPCs do it. Those have to be paid generously of course, making money or whatever resource you want to use as currency an issue. And the way to reach those NPCs has to be long and dangerous enough (on the average) to make it a nuisance to use their services frequently.

All this Grimoire hype made me want to try the original Wizardry series btw. So I decided to start with Bane of the Cosmic Forge (Wiz VI).
Online guides are a little scary tbh. I don't want to change classes for fucks sake. I don't want to do this and I don't want to metagame. So I guess I'll just ignore them, look at some charts in the cluebook that comes with GoG and try my luck playing it blind... maybe I'll better read the part in the manual on what the skills do.
Thank god there's at least an automapping mod. Mapping by hand? Fuck off, can't do that, I'm not 15 anymore and my time is limited.

Grid Cartographer
has automap feature for several games (including Wiz 6-7) and is generally excellent.

Rick

Erudite
Its either fixed, or i am giving up with this. Will not start this over and over , as its likely to happen again.

I'm of the same mindset.

But I am a severe alt-aholic, and although this game is absolutely the WORST for someone like me, unexpected restarts aren't as traumatic. :|

Viata

Arcane
b1bpZYe.png

:yeah:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Zep Zepo Perhaps he means in memory, like after they are loaded? Or something in the save file that results in a bad pointer? You understand such concepts yes?

Of course I do. I also know what a "pointer" is in programming lingo. There are no "pointers" in the save file. They would be in the .EXE

Zep--

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It's telling something on the current state of the conservative cucks agenda when the only thing they have left to be rejoicing about is a buggy blobber that is not even that good selling 2000 copies.

It's not coming out

No, really. It's almost as if some of you guys are endorsing this broken average game as a away to avenge yourself against refugees and gay marriage. It's hilarious. Cleve might be a bad programmer but he is quite the salesman.

Cleve triggering some more healthy thoughts with his dastardly act of releasing a game. It's almost as if by attacking this one-man project...

spcmu65.png

Holy Dumbfuck, how much retadred one can be! Willingly. Cleve is racist and homophobic but I guess these rapefugees which come from Sudan and Somalia etc. (all provinces of Syria of course) are not only non-racist but also LOOOOOVE gays. If only Cleve was darker or simply of different religion (Mudslime) they would kiss his feet, buy 20 copies of his game and sing praises in his name.

Anyone who'd criticize any techical malfunction would be labeled as islamophobic.

Well, Cleve is a minority. The smallest minority in the world. Neanderthal.

So gentlemen leftist Cucks, STOP being so bigoted and Neanderthalophobic. This game is great move towards acceptance and inclusion of Neanderthals in our community.

Oh and btw. as a guy coming from only one of dozens of countries whose renesanse was stolen and replaced by 4 FUCKING centuries long brutal rule by Mudslimes, my biggest wish for you lefty cucks in the West and everywhere else (we have your kind even here, especially at colleges) to get MAXIMUM enrichment, the one ALL whites got (regardless of their sex, status, age or whether they were allies or not) during the Haitian revolution.

That would truly be a sight to behold and poetic. Oh and one more thing... If you get butthurt, enraged or anything else about it, that's, according to your progressive religion, racist and deeply problematic cause it proves you're guilty of thinking that as whites you do not deserve that and that you can in any situation be victim and non-white be aggressor. You deserve it. Denying it would be, again according to YOUR OWN DOGMA, white privilege.

Try at least to be good allies if you can't help it and not be white (it would really help our revolution if you as whites would just kys, that's the biggest contribution you as whites could give). Buy 25 copies of Cleve's game or Neanderthalophobic will be added to your CV.

Good luck then finding any job and OH snap, one more interesting factoid for our commie cuck friends, you see... different minorites hate each other. Without whites, racism would not only be not gone but increase (Chinese and Japanese would clean Africa of Negro element, Chinese are already setting up to do it on eastern coast of it) and whites make about 10% of world population.

Oh, oh, oh! And don't forgetti, kys-etti! :)
:incloosive::selfhate::selfhate::selfhate::incloosive:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's telling something on the current state of the conservative cucks agenda when the only thing they have left to be rejoicing about is a buggy blobber that is not even that good selling 2000 copies.

It's not coming out

No, really. It's almost as if some of you guys are endorsing this broken average game as a away to avenge yourself against refugees and gay marriage. It's hilarious. Cleve might be a bad programmer but he is quite the salesman.

Cleve triggering some more healthy thoughts with his dastardly act of releasing a game. It's almost as if by attacking this one-man project...

spcmu65.png

Holy Dumbfuck, how much retadred one can be! Willingly. Cleve is racist and homophobic but I guess these rapefugees which come from Sudan and Somalia etc. (all provinces of Syria of course) are not only non-racist but also LOOOOOVE gays. If only Cleve was darker or simply of different religion (Mudslime) they would kiss his feet, buy 20 copies of his game and sing praises in his name.

Anyone who'd criticize any techical malfunction would be labeled as islamophobic.

Well, Cleve is a minority. The smallest minority in the world. Neanderthal.

So gentlemen leftist Cucks, STOP being so bigoted and Neanderthalophobic. This game is great move towards acceptance and inclusion of Neanderthals in our community.

Oh and btw. as a guy coming from only one of dozens of countries whose renesanse was stolen and replaced by 4 FUCKING centuries long brutal rule by Mudslimes, my biggest wish for you lefty cucks in the West and everywhere else (we have your kind even here, especially at colleges) to get MAXIMUM enrichment, the one ALL whites got (regardless of their sex, status, age or whether they were allies or not) during the Haitian revolution.

That would truly be a sight to behold and poetic. Oh and one more thing... If you get butthurt, enraged or anything else about it, that's, according to your progressive religion, racist and deeply problematic cause it proves you're guilty of thinking that as whites you do not deserve that and that you can in any situation be victim and non-white be aggressor. You deserve it. Denying it would be, again according to YOUR OWN DOGMA, white privilege.

Try at least to be good allies if you can't help it and not be white (it would really help our revolution if you as whites would just kys, that's the biggest contribution you as whites could give). Buy 25 copies of Cleve's game or Neanderthalophobic will be added to your CV.

Good luck then finding any job and OH snap, one more interesting factoid for our commie cuck friends, you see... different minorites hate each other. Without whites, racism would not only be not gone but increase (Chinese and Japanese would clean Africa of Negro element, Chinese are already setting up to do it on eastern coast of it) and whites make about 10% of world population.

Oh, oh, oh! And don't forgetti, kys-etti! :)
:incloosive::selfhate::selfhate::selfhate::incloosive:
go back to 4chan

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Every purchased copy of Grimoire helps THE WALL to rise one feet in height.

Every positive review on Steam makes water ditch in front of THE WALL one feet wider and deeper.

LEGAL, good, decent immigrants will be carried over on the back of the turtle.

Libruls will be on the RIGHT side of the wall. Mexican.

Taxalot and other dumbfucks should only be allowed to play video games made by their dear mudslimes. Like Taharrush Ultimate Rage: Dresden aka TURD.

I heared they need new QA, cause they are runnig out of European girls. You'l make fine QA department. Remember lads, you're doing it for diversity and to spite ebil right wingers!

One interface design suggestion: When you are in your map or journal, you should be able to click anywhere outside the window to close them. I also think you should be able to use the escape key to close windows like that.

Nitpicks aside, has anyone figured out what races can be the jester, and how many attribute points you need to play her? Same with the Naga Assassin. I rolled for 30 minutes, and managed to get 30 attribute points, but assassin class was still locked. I ended up settling on thief.

Cleve, you really need to add help tips by right clicking on things like attributes, etc. A built-in help system is necessary for games from the glorious cave-man days. I want to know what half the stuff on my screen means.

Of course I do. I also know what a "pointer" is in programming lingo. There are no "pointers" in the save file. They would be in the .EXE

Zep--

Pointers don't exist in executables you retard, they only exist at runtime.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Anybody start a Wikia project yet? Maybe Zep Zepo can help with exporting item/abilities tables from the game and making all the info easily available online. Maybe even do something like this?

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
There were quite a lot of people who typed ?RudeChap?, around the same time yesterday for the giveaway. Because Steam was practicing decline and it took 1 day for purchases to kick back in, everyone who typed it should now have a copy.

Lets give away two more and then the Golden Baby is going to fly away for a while.

The next two people who type "Fuck a Sirotek" in chat on goldenbabygiveaways get to breakdance with a mummy.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
go back to 4ch

Haven't been in months. If not year. /v/ board. Sucked then too.

Got one interdasting question for you and all, I presume, center fags. Why don't you say go back to Neogaf or reddit to Taxalot and similar faggots who inject these BS all the freaking time?

Why? Afraid to not be called reactionary? Racist? Or even worse gasp, white male?

Dude has released game after 20 years and they are shitting all over it for the most part because of politics which have nothing what so ever to do with game itself.

And I've been watching it for dozens of pages. I just couldn't take it any more.

But no. I'm the bad guy. Not Taxalot and other dumbfucks, who if in power, would not allow game to be released for being made by problematic dev.

No, it's me for calling them out for their BS.

Ok mate, I'll go. To Demiurgos thread and try to help get it funded. Cause I'm the bad guy. And anyone who bought game and Cleve are deplorables.

Yup...

Dexter

Arcane

:lol:

I thought GOG was about "Good old Games".When the hell did a bunch of SJWs get over there and cry about "MUH FEELINGS" and tell people to buy J-RPGS. Guess I missed something because reading the last few pages of the Grimoire thread there made my balls shrivel.

https://af.gog.com/forum/general/so_grimoire/page60?as=1649904300
What the flying fuck happened to GoG? Their forum seems to be filled with "feminist gamers" and "respect muh pronouns" and people throwing out retarded buzzwords and calling Cleve all sorts of names? I don't remember it being this bad a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:

mondblut

Arcane
Nitpicks aside, has anyone figured out what races can be the jester, and how many attribute points you need to play her? Same with the Naga Assassin. I rolled for 30 minutes, and managed to get 30 attribute points, but assassin class was still locked. I ended up settling on thief.

int wis wil str con spe agi fel dev
templar 0 60 40 50 0 0 0 60 65
jester 70 0 50 60 0 65 75 75 55
pirate 0 0 55 50 0 55 60 50 0
assassin 65 0 40 50 0 50 50 0 50

tem jes pir ass
naga 85 155 55 50
durendil 60 145 60 45
drake 75 175 65 70
vamphyr 80 170 60 70
giant 75 180 80 85
barrower 65 175 75 70
leonar 70 165 55 70
human 75 170 70 65
wolfin 75 160 65 60
drow 75 165 75 60
feyfolk 85 170 75 65
rhattu 105 185 80 75
saurian 115 200 70 85
aeorb 85 200 120 95

of all these, only durendil can be templars out of the box at roll 30 due to x2 career path multiplier. everything else is multiclassing only.

mercyRPG

Cipher
3D is disgusting.

The greatest gift of the world that Grimoire can make is to finally wake people up to the realisation that whether 2D or 3D, computer game artwork has rapidly transitioned from the most beautiful surreal artform you could imagine into soulless, photorealistic Sh*te!!! Play any Amiga game or even BLOOD from Monolith and ask yourself what went wrong in the last 20 years?!?

You might wanna ask yourself, how do you manage to break your game with each new patch? People are praising your developer readiness for frequent updates, but at this rate of taking D2 steps backward and D2 steps forward, the real usable Grimoire release might happen in 2018.

Okay, more interface thoughts: I think you should be able to click-and-drag portraits of party members to reorganize them. It would also be nice if you could hit the 'esc' key to enter menu. Then hit it a second time (like a toggle switch) to close the main menu. All nitpicks aside, I am having fun. I think the game just deserves a little more explanation - like a manual to RTFM on.

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
Okay, more interface thoughts: I think you should be able to click-and-drag portraits of party members to reorganize them. It would also be nice if you could hit the 'esc' key to enter menu. Then hit it a second time (like a toggle switch) to close the main menu. All nitpicks aside, I am having fun. I think the game just deserves a little more explanation - like a manual to RTFM on.
Click nameplates. DOH

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom