Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

mondblut

Arcane
This brings some fond memories of W7. My first playthrough ever, when I hadn't had the foggiest what was going on, at one point this little yellow face appeared next to my character's portrait. I had no idea what it is but it progressively changed into nausea, blindness, insanity, petrify and death. I concluded my char was diseased. But in W7 you could buy a Cure Disease scroll (the spell itself was very high-level iirc so you went without it for half the game).

Here clerics and sages can learn cure disease as early as level 4. You can also buy Galen Apples in ACME machines (there is a large pile of tokens buried in a pool next to the temple entrance in Crowl). However, if you ended up paralyzed as well, you can't eat them, and curing paralysis might be even harder (or does sound mind affect it?). With disease off, everything else dissipates over time.

One more thing: I think you should bite the bullet and design actual armor for the rag dolls. The green is clashing, I'd rather you go with a black ragdoll, and then fill it in with white as your character gets armor. Green is just... glaring.

Digressing back to main topic, has anyone figured out lock-picking?

Rick

Erudite
Regarding Searching, is it "necessary" to face and search every piece of generic scenery (i.e. the flat tree tiles, generic dungeon walls) to find useful things? Or just more "unique" things, like bushes and water?

mondblut

Arcane
Regarding Searching, is it "necessary" to face and search every piece of generic scenery (i.e. the flat tree tiles, generic dungeon walls) to find useful things? Or just more "unique" things, like bushes and water?

Just keep Detect Secrets up and start looking when it flashes.

Protip - don't search at once, keep walking in and out until someone in party will actually spot it. You'll get a scout skill increase. Degenerate gameplay FTW.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

Define "necessary" and please, for an accurate answer provide your autism level in a scale from 0 to 1.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
LOL, Cleve just turned on AutoUpdate with the Update/Patch that breaks saves. :lol:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615856043233/

This is going to be a bit of a shitstorm, the first thing I would do in his place would be downgrading back to 1.2.0.5 and figuring out another way, instead he "finally" turned on the AutoUpdate feature of Steam for everyone's Saves to break.

What I did was I saved the game in another folder so Steam wouldn't fuck with it, downloaded the depot from 18 hours ago and pasted it in the directory. Should keep your saves safe.

One more suggestion: auto-organize button for inventory. Inventory belt gets crowded fast. Would be nice to have all my potions in one place, all my keys in another.

Dexter

Arcane
LOL, Cleve just turned on AutoUpdate with the Update/Patch that breaks saves. :lol:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615856043233/

This is going to be a bit of a shitstorm, the first thing I would do in his place would be downgrading back to 1.2.0.5 and figuring out another way, instead he "finally" turned on the AutoUpdate feature of Steam for everyone's Saves to break.

What I did was I saved the game in another folder so Steam wouldn't fuck with it, downloaded the depot from 18 hours ago and pasted it in the directory. Should keep your saves safe.
I backed up too after the first few Patches went out, still playing with 1.2.0.1 and didn't have any "major" problem so far, I've set all the files that need Update to Read-Only trying to prevent it, if that doesn't work I'll try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

Rick

Erudite

Define "necessary" and please, for an accurate answer provide your autism level in a scale from 0 to 1.

Wow. I thought I was fairly clear what I meant by "necessary" with the "... to find useful items" part.

You might be more concerned about your level, and maybe reference mondblut's response to me for an example of how to be civil and non-condescending.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
User reviews have dropped to 72% positive, dangerously close to switching to "Mixed".

Looks like SA and Broken Forum are putting more valiant effort into this than Codex!

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Just download the w/e version of the depot you like best thru the Steam console (as described in that reddit post) and copy the folder somewhere outside of Steam, it won't be auto-updating this way.

Nixheb

Arcane

Wow. I thought I was fairly clear what I meant by "necessary" with the "... to find useful items" part.

You might be more concerned about your level, and maybe reference mondblut's response to me for an example of how to be civil and non-condescending.

Gran'ma just been rude with poor old dav'd, just chillin by molesting some poor random helpless passerby.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

I never meant that as an insult, bro. Myself, when playing a blobber, rate as 100% autistic, and need to get every item. That's what I meant.

Weasel
OaCDTsw.png

Rick

Erudite

I never meant that as an insult, bro. Myself, when playing a blobber, rate as 100% autistic, and need to get every item. That's what I meant.

My wife works with autistic kids so I've never really understood why some people use it as some kind of insult towards someone else, so I tend to get a little more ... irritated ... when I see it happen.

I accept your explanation and apologize for my overreaction.

PrettyDeadman

User reviews have dropped to 72% positive, dangerously close to switching to "Mixed".

Looks like SA and Broken Forum are putting more valiant effort into this than Codex!
Might have something to do with auto-update breaking save files.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
There are no fucking "pointers" in the save file.

What an ass.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom