Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Hrymr

Educated
It's the same with NPC's, Rosy replenishes quickly while for the Cleric girl it's much slower.
Little Rosy is feyfolk, so it may explain faster mana regen.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Now that I'm thinking about it, how do you get the Tome of the Spider? I killed the Black Lich but I don't think I got the book so is it somewhere else? I'm wondering if it was in that chest and I missed out on it since I left some stuff in there for lack of room in inventory.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Oh ok, I forgot about the other door next to Gorlo. Carry on. :)

I don't get it. I was able to Knock Knock the initial door to get to the room with the pools, but the second door with the skull on it remains closed to me. None of my keys work. How do you get inside?

Edit: Nevermind. Mondblut just informed me that the mystery will reveal itself.

mondblut

Arcane
I can't find Mistrals skeleton :(

Hidden vault in prison cell w/chest behind the Lich's room. Detect Secrets as usual.

I left the caves quite some time ago and can't even remember where the Lich fight was.. it was in the room with the chest and the toxic fountain, right?

Magic fountain. Cenotaph -> Cenotaph Vault -> Inner Sanctum.

mondblut

Arcane
Started in the wilderness/Briarpatch. Mainly because I hit "return to default" in the options menu and wilderness was the default setting, so I assumed it was the standard cannon start.

Briarpatch is "proper" start indeed, but that's The Shrine, not Wilderness. Wilderness is in Gardens of Midknight, the other side of Crowl, where Cenotaph, George's Tomb and Spirit Cave are. Bad place to start fresh.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Oh ffs, where do I get the stepping stones?

I've done 100% on every map (even including stepping on lava...), I have no idea how I could've missed them.

there is an ore vain in the deepsink projekt where you find some strage ore.
take it to the rock crushing device ( same floor ) and you get the stepping stones

You'll also have to Drag the Stepping Stones ONTO the Use Item button thing.
Clicking "Use" and then clicking on the Stones does NOTHING.

Shit's been broken and reported for years.

Zep--

Vagiel

Augur
Shields sell very high for some reason. 2200 gold for a wooden buckler...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

youhomofo

Augur
So how exactly do I ID monsters? Is it an active skill? I keep expecting it to just sorta happen on its own, like Wizardry, but I'm fighting a lot of fucking ?squirrels? and ?hummingbirds? still.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
So how exactly do I ID monsters? Is it an active skill? I keep expecting it to just sorta happen on its own, like Wizardry, but I'm fighting a lot of fucking ?squirrels? and ?hummingbirds? still.

Apparently points into Mythology help with identifying monsters automatically. You can also cast Identify in battle but it's not a permanent effect that carries over to the next battle (at least from my experience).

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think you use the identify spell on them.

Lord Andre

Arcane

Apparently points into Mythology help with identifying monsters automatically. You can also cast Identify in battle but it's not a permanent effect that carries over to the next battle (at least from my experience).

It is permanent. Some critters have the same graphics though e.g. stink bugs and fire beetles and so on.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I find it odd that Sage seems to start with 20 points in Lockpicking. That's not a skill typically associated with this class....

It is permanent. Some critters have the same graphics though e.g. stink bugs and fire beetles and so on.

Good to know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
how do I proceed in the cenotaph? I am in the second floor with the symbol and rat but they're two doors one locked and one with a giant head asking a riddle how do I proceed?
riddle refers to the name of someone who caused a scandal at the temple.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think you use the identify spell on them.

It's the mythology skill and the fastest way to get it is by recruting Rosy.
I got the mythology skill by getting attacked by the fungi things in briarpatch.

mondblut

Arcane
Now that I'm thinking about it, how do you get the Tome of the Spider? I killed the Black Lich but I don't think I got the book so is it somewhere else? I'm wondering if it was in that chest and I missed out on it since I left some stuff in there for lack of room in inventory.

Search his ransacked study on the upper level. The one trashed by the mob.

Jinn

Arcane
Ok, I feel like a stupid bastard, but I can't figure out the dial puzzle in Aquavia. I tried the most obvious solution

buy turning the dials in order from left to right as Sun, Moon, Star

to no avail. I then tried a number of other combinations that seemed to make sense. Still nothing. I've explored every where I can in Aquavia as far as I know, up until the point on the second level where you run into a body of water that cannot be passed. What am I missing? Any hint would be nice.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Speaking of which - how are we supposed to get the goblet from Junga Din short of using Mindread? And this time I missed the memo about the sequence of actions at the altar of Hobknob. In old versions I think the Tome contained instructions what to do, but this time it only contains some poetic text instead, so I had to go by memory. How did you guys figured it out without my background?

mondblut

Arcane
Ok, I feel like a stupid bastard, but I can't figure out the dial puzzle in Aquavia. I tried the most obvious solution

buy turning the dials in order from right to left as Sun, Moon, Star

The most obvious solution is from left to right, unless you are a jew or an arab, I suppose :lol:

to no avail. I then tried a number of other combinations that seemed to make sense. Still nothing. I've explored every where I can in Aquavia as far as I know, up until the point on the second level where you run into a body of water that cannot be passed. What am I missing? Any hint would be nice.

Explore the vicinity of the body of water better. What the dials affect lies beyond, so you could have just as well set them correctly at some point. If you don't find any levers that don't work, you did.

Jinn

Arcane
The most obvious solution is from left to right, unless you are a jew or an arab, I suppose

I was mainly operating on the order which they are brought up in the poem on the second floor.

Thanks for the hint!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom