Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wonder how many micro issues are still yet to be found. Especially once everyone leaves the starting area.
thinking-face_1f914.png

https://www.vice.com/gr/article/avn748/how-to-suck-your-own-dick

Epsilon

Cipher
You need to setup timidity++ to have midi support in wine. There are many guides for it.

Sorry Epsilon, I think you're right. Whilst a couple of dll overrides gets the game up and running with sound effects I've yet to get the MIDI music working in Wine. The difference when playing it in virtualbox is remarkable. I've got fluidsynth running and can get Windows MIDI players to play music, but can't yet persuade Grimoire to do it. What I thought was initially a built-in software synth appears to be just a hook to whatever synth Windows has.

Might have to wait a bit to see if I can fix it as in my haste I accidentally deleted my virtualbox images directory and corrupted my Wine prefix and have spent all day restoring the former from a backup!

One day I'll have some time to play the game, but at the moment I'm just enjoying it vicariously through people's comments and videos. Carry on... :salute:
I'm sorry, you've missed the post I made later that day. I figured out how to get midi working in Grimoire. You need to install directmusic and gmdls with winetricks in the prefix.
I also made a video demonstrating it working.

So you see, you don't need Virtualbox or Windows to enjoy incline.

Mustawd

With this new encounter bug we can finally play Grimoire like Left 4 Dead. Never ending horde of enemies!! How long can your party last? YOU decide!!

:bunkertime:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I'm sorry, you've missed the post I made later that day. I figured out how to get midi working in Grimoire. You need to install directmusic and gmdls with winetricks in the prefix.

:bro:
It certainly runs more smoothly in Wine than virtualbox, and and the mouse has less of a mind of its own.

Edit: If you haven't already it might be worth posting that information in the Steam forums. There are plenty of queries about running it on linux or MacOS and this is the sort of thing that should be stickied.

Mech

Cipher
With how fast Cleve is pushing out patches, can you only imagine what a fuck show the game would have been a month ago? I guess he really did need that time, lol.

Epsilon

Cipher

It certainly runs more smoothly in Wine than virtualbox, and and the mouse has less of a mind of its own.

Edit: If you haven't already it might be worth posting that information in the Steam forums. There are plenty of queries about running it on linux or MacOS and this is the sort of thing that should be stickied.
Good idea! - I'll write a small guide there.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Dannydoesvideos stream Grimoire again!
He is an experienced wizardry player (he has wizardry 4 playthrough on his channel) and managed to beat green hand gang on level 1.

If you can't beat the Green Hand gang at level 1 your party sucks or/and you're doing something wrong.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems a special sort of butthurt to wish other indie developers ill

Szvrd47.png

Turns out his "old-school RPG with a better UI" is done in RPGMaker

http://store.steampowered.com/app/654250/Catacombs_1_Demon_War/
I don't mind it is from several pages back (gimme a break, I spent my day on the terrace playing D&D and killing characters, drinking, and finishing it with a steak dinner for our group before I logged on and saw my Indiegogo backer key in the mail +M), I want to point and laugh at this dumb entitled fucker who thinks his Speshul Indie Status and his RPGMaker project should grant him privileges over the man who had worked 20 years on his game. Wow! In another context, I would write something about what the world is coming to, but by God, it is so fulfilling to see this nincompoop and the fucking retro-hipster indie scene LOSE. Grimoire is delivering the Incline in mysterious ways!
TrumpSmug.png

giphy.gif

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Being in direct communication with the dev via the steam forums is really a unique experience. I'm impressed by the dedication he's putting into fixing all these issues. Essentially broke the game with the last patch then fixed it within an hour.

jfunk

Augur
If there does in fact wind up being a turn based blobber resurgence similar to the isometric one, I suspect people will point to Bard's Tale as the game that is responsible regardless of how it turns out.

Epsilon

Cipher

And done! http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615853326201/
Sticky that if you please. Cleveland Mark Blakemore

jfunk

Augur

And done! http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615853326201/

You should upload it as a Guide via the Steam interface. There a category for "configuration".

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If there does in fact wind up being a turn based blobber resurgence similar to the isometric one, I suspect people will point to Bard's Tale as the game that is responsible regardless of how it turns out.

That would be true because It's going to sell significantly more copies (or at least it has to to be a success, since they're not doing it all in their spare time with a final months-long crunch like Cleve did)

Bocian

Arcane
Clueless Curation
"Grimoire is the perfect RPG for people who like being talked down to by a racist lunatic who believes neanderthals created a secret utopian civilization and took 20 years to make a mediocre game."

ico_curator_dn.png
Not Recommended 6 August

This motherfucker is seriously clueless.

Epsilon

Cipher

You should upload it as a Guide via the Steam interface. There a category for "configuration".
Ok. Done http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102734940 Hopefully this is enough. :)

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dunno if this was posted here already from Metacritic:

Baxander
Aug 5, 2017

Score: 10

I would like to take the time to apologize to Cleve. He is right and I am wrong I am accepting the reality that I am a emasculated human being.

I'm sorry Cleve sorry for all my lies and hate campaign against you on youtube. I want to be just like you really that is why I started working on my own RPG but right now I am busy experiencing the 600+ hours of content.

It's so beautiful to see the enemies of Golden Baby vanquished and humiliated.

:troll:

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Browsing through some gaming-related message boards I'm amazed at the reactions Grimoire is provoking.

Many people are loving it.

Yet many hate it. Not the game per se. It seems everyone considers the game a masterpiece or (in the least) quite entertaining.
No... the game critics, instead of attacking the game mechanics or the bugs, seem fixated on the "racist, psycho, lunatic" qualities of its creator.
Good job, Cleve! Not only you've made an excellent old-school game, but you've also managed to trigger all the game libtards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom