Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Biggus

Scholar
InGlorious State of HotKeys:

• TAB key should open AUTOMAP or M: there appears to be no way to get to screens via hotkeys directly??? Massive incline??? 20 years of development?? More like incompetent programmer.
  • PageUp + PageDown selects previous / next character on inventory screen
  • Why is there a useless scrolling through function TAB / SHIFT TAB ?? Like in MS Word or Excel??
  • ENTER acts like LMB currently. Puts the item back or takes it. Useless.
  • P should be pick lock or configurable..
  • RUN ALL FROM BATTLE hotkey missing
  • CAST SPELL HOTKEY MISSING: it should take us to the spells screen

Automap. F3, better still, try F1

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
a broken, buggy half-finished mess of a game

15507.jpg

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
I'm still in shock, so is the game good or what?
I love dungeon crawlers, but I have this gut feeling that Grimoire is a fraud or something.

bataille

Arcane
Gob bless Cleve's soul for the hint.

uio_.uiluik.jpg

And yes, without the bard my experience has been enhanced at the very least by 23%. Probably should have tried to train her to use a spear, but I was not ready to babysit a character with 20 hp, 35 STR and attribute grow of a supporting hero.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I regret never having finished my Wizardry 6 playthrough in order to build up my skills for the impending release of Grimoire.
Can I just go in blind despite having minimal experience with dungeon crawlers?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I regret never having finished my Wizardry 6 playthrough in order to build up my skills for the impending release of Grimoire.
Can I just go in blind despite having minimal experience with dungeon crawlers?
If you enjoy this style of game you can- I think thats the barometer.

Theres a learning curve and some things are not very intuitive so you kind of have to 'want' to play if that makes any sense. Its also very complex and pretty challenging imho. Once you get used to stuff it all sort of comes together.

Alot of the things ive learned about the game I highly doubt I would have figured out without reading some of the threads.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
It seems a special sort of butthurt to wish other indie developers ill

Szvrd47.png

Turns out his "old-school RPG with a better UI" is done in RPGMaker

http://store.steampowered.com/app/654250/Catacombs_1_Demon_War/
What will we do if they "chuck it in" and stop making these awesome games.

Oh the horror!

-This whole thing is crazy- And the SJW brigade infiltrating the steam forum are the icing on the Cake.

I think Cleve might not be very well liked in certain circles lol

Weasel
This whole thing is crazy- And the SJW brigade infiltrating the steam forum are the icing on the Cake.

Yep, and think it's only getting started tbh. I bet someone with an axe to grind is working on a piece packed with some of Cleve's old statements as we speak. Which will then drive others to support him just because they don't like SJW journos. Could get feisty.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This whole thing is crazy- And the SJW brigade infiltrating the steam forum are the icing on the Cake.

Yep, and think it's only getting started tbh. I bet someone with an axe to grind is working on a piece packed with some of Cleve's old statements as we speak. Which will then drive others to support him just because they don't like SJW journos. Could get feisty.

Good, it will only serve as a promotion for Cleve and Grimoire

Themadcow

Augur
Soooo spent 8 hours on it yesterday and now can't touch it for 9 days as I'm away on business and then a weekend break with the wife.

On top of that, when I am able to play I'm going to have to explain to my wife why I've spent £1600 on PC and VR hardware this year ("because I need it to play modern games hun") and yet will be spending much of the next month playing Grimoire.

Difficult times for my road to incline.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Seems that this person mostly releases trash.

It's not even trash - it's more like a scamware, game imitations with zero gameplay and low prices. I've been actually researching his stuff for my channel (I have an aptly named rubric "indie trash") and he's quite a successful scammer, actually. His previous project sold a lot so I'm not sure why he's bitching. With catacombs (and believe me, it's unforgivable shit), he just got too greedy and set the price tag too high.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Seems that this person mostly releases trash.

It's not even trash - it's more like a scamware, game imitations with zero gameplay and low prices. I've been actually researching his stuff for my channel (I have an aptly named rubric "indie trash") and he's quite a successful scammer, actually. His previous project sold a lot so I'm not sure why he's bitching. With catacombs (and believe me, it's unforgivable shit), he just got too greedy and set the price tag too high.
Whats your channel- Sounds fun to watch.

Speaking of which- Where is bax? I saw he made a retraction video at some point and that was a classy move imho. Hes also way less angry in his videos which is a good thing.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath

Review for Grimoire when?

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
Hey guise, maybe CMB should have a legit developer tag now? Only guy to develop something for 20 years, release it, and still not have a Codex developer tag. Unless he scorned it?

If he's actually sending out keys to his backers now, then yes (has anybody else gotten his?)

DarkUnderlord Golden Era Games
One person did claim to have received a key, but then he can be part of the Trump administration...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just got my key 5 minutes ago so Cleve is indeed sending keys to backers

Can you post the email he sent you (without the key ofc)?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom