Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Amon place his hands in his hips and gives Solon a look of disgust. "I'll have you know that I was trained in Stygia itself in "the arts" as you call it. I became rather effective in my area of expertise. I bet we would all find it hilarious watching you bumble around the scripts I have acquired written by Ikhtanabu Xul himself! Of course I have already translated them. Your anger will not cover for your dark practices Solon!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Seemingly unconcerned with Solon's urgent tone, Urash leaves Cormac's side and slowly strolls around the room, looking at the books and scrolls that survived the recent incident. "Tsk Tsk. Unwashed bumpkins... it is true we are somewhat weary from our travels, but bumpkins we are not."
Does a brief perusal of whatever books or scrolls are lying about reveal works focusing on demonology or anything else that would jump out as immediately relevant or useful?
Make an INTx3 Idea roll to see if you can quickly decipher anything laying about that seems like it might pertain to anything -- this is made difficult because you are trying to decipher script or symbols at a distance and somewhat surreptitiously
Amon place his hands in his hips and gives Solon a look of disgust. "I'll have you know that I was trained in Stygia itself in "the arts" as you call it. I became rather effective in my area of expertise. I bet we would all find it hilarious watching you bumble around the scripts I have acquired written by Ikhtanabu Xul himself! Of course I have already translated them. Your anger will not cover for your dark practices Solon!"
Solon's eyes narrow at the mention of Ikhtanabu Xul, "What do you know of Xul?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
ERYFKRAD make a charisma roll to see how well you intimidate the Wiz-hard
Any situational bonus for having a maul in my hand and being strong enough to crush this guy's neck if I could find it?
You make a compelling case. There isn't anything in the official rules, but I think I have an idea. You are clearly trying to intimidate him with your weapon prowess and brawn. So make an "attack roll." Solon gets to resist your attempt at intimidation with a Luck Roll (POWx5, since that is his force of personality and willpower).

Solon's Luck Roll [1d100] = 52 vs. 80

Because he rolled a 'normal success' you need a special or critical success with your greathammer to frighten him into submission, so a 5 or a 19 on a d100. If that doesn't work you can always just brain him. That for sure will "solve" his attitude problem.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, zog it all, I rolled 55. I suppose I'd just bitchslap him now if the rest of the team is okay with it.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhemnyr keeps his spear pointed at Amon. "An enemy of Ghul's is not necessarily our friend. I haven't heard anything, beyond Solon's own shortcomings to make us trust this former statue over Solon here."

I'm not so sure who's :hailcthulhu: and who's not.
Amon has suspiciously functioning arms!
That must read strangely, but it's damn suspicions.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab says, still with his disarming smile, as he draws a small knife in a very conversational tone, "Why, my friend Solon, the last person to try to threaten me, he, well let's just say he didn't like the results."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"I can never understand these mages." Marcán quietly mumbles as he studies Amon. Is Solon lying about him being a thief? His warning is clearly the truth, however he has to gauge whether his intentions are pure.

Last edited:
"I am not anyone's enemy here, and I am not here to harm anyone. I only came to gather information that would assist my father. Although, with Solon's admission that he dabbles in the demonic arts, I think I greatly dislike him. I find it a bit concerning that Ghul and his followers are in hiding throughout the region. His purpose is unknown to me and if people like Solon are any representation of what it might be, it's not going to be good!"

Wayward Son

"This Ghul character wanted you folks to collect that blood stuff, right? Might that have something to do with daemonology?" Mab says, turning toward the party.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon's eyes dart to and fro as the members of the troupe continue to banter back and forth, seemingly ignoring his command to leave his tower. "Enough! I said out with the lot of you! If you don't do as I say you're going to force my hand!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon's Agility Roll [1d100] = 86 vs. 55

Borric glides across the room with his fist raised. Solon barely has a chance to finish his sentence when his fist lands
Roll damage, which is 1d3+1d4 (damage bonus),

by the way are you trying to do real damage or just knock him out? if it's the latter then all you have to do is score the equivalent of a major wound (half of Solon's max Hit Points) with one strike and he'll be out cold, but won't suffer any real damage. Otherwise it's assumed that you are trying to strike to kill and the usual combat rules will apply.

nikolokolus

Arcane
that's a helluva punch. Try [1d3]+[1d4] instead
[1d3] = 3+[1d4] = 4
Maximum damage, well I'll be.
Damn. Solon's Major Wound level is exactly 7 (He has 13 Hit Points)
Solon takes it square on the jaw. His eyes roll up into his head and he collapses on the ground like a cheap folding chair.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
that's a helluva punch. Try [1d3]+[1d4] instead
[1d3] = 3+[1d4] = 4
Maximum damage, well I'll be.
Damn. Solon's Major Wound level is exactly 7 (He has 13 Hit Points)
Solon takes it square on the jaw. His eyes roll up into his head and he collapses on the ground like a cheap folding chair.
Borric watches with contempt as the fat man wobbles to the ground.
"Bah, what a waste. All talk and naught else."

He looks to his comrades. "We best tie him up, and bind his fingers and mouth so he can't cast spells. Then we can leave or wait for him to come to, so we can question him at a pace we like."

"With that boring loud mouth finally quiet, I think we can get to work. I'm looking for a text, you are all looking for some blood? Let's search for all my clues to what we all are looking for."

Wayward Son

"What text are you looking for Amon?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom