Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOLDEN BABY RISING - Grimoire Released!

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Today, as Cleve releases Grimoire, I honour my pledge. Let this badge serve as a reminder to all those who doubted Cleve.

Codex honor system! IT only works if we all accept the system!
It's been a while since I've seen so much honor...
honor.jpg

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Surely this thread will expand the full extent of some degenerate' illiterate political ramblings at any moment now (we might also see a discussion on the nature of reality, which will lead, I hope, to a proof of God). Before this happens, can anyone actually say something about this shit game. Is this worth playing.

Notice that I did not put any interrogation marks to all of this. I already know the answer, you little rat

DarkArcher

Educated
Glad the game got released. Although, I can't honestly run out and purchase it until I'm convinced it is getting full support as the game waited so long for release and then CLEARLY needed additional patching. Hope the Codex gives enough of a thumbs up to then buy a copy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
BTW- why isn't this game on GOG?

GOG won't let Cleve patch Grimoire whenever he wants and the Steam version is already DRM-free, so buying it from GOG doesn't appear to have any benefits aside from handing money over to Poles instead Valve.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
BTW- why isn't this game on GOG?

GOG won't let Cleve patch Grimoire whenever he wants and the Steam version is already DRM-free, so buying it from GOG doesn't appear to have any benefits aside from handing money over to Poles instead Valve.

Even though the steam version is DRM-free, it's not bug-free, and so the patches and updates being made to it (in addition to new versions) effectively make valve's malware a requirement on your hard drive anyway.

I'm not here to comment on the game, or on Cleve. I just wanted to drop a line and say congrats on the successful release of your hard labor, Cleve. The incline is appreciated. The golden baby has risen.

Terpsichore

Arcane
If this is true, why Steam? I refuse to use that melonhead botnet and much less give money to one. Why would a true thal distribute his masterpiece exclusively there?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If this is true, why Steam? I refuse to use that melonhead botnet and much less give money to one. Why would a true thal distribute his masterpiece exclusively there?
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ead-resurrection.75724/page-1295#post-5219195
Steam is the world's best distribution network for games. It's also the largest with all that entails.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ead-resurrection.75724/page-1295#post-5219266
The backend admin for the dev is so good it is beyond belief. It is brilliant. Brilliant. It is no surprise Steam dominates.

You don't get that with GOG, you have to go through Polish middlemen.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Glad the game got released. Although, I can't honestly run out and purchase it until I'm convinced it is getting full support as the game waited so long for release and then CLEARLY needed additional patching. Hope the Codex gives enough of a thumbs up to then buy a copy.

The only question you should ask yourself is "Do I like Wizardry 7?" - If the answer is yes, get it. If not, it's probably not for you anyway. And yes, Cleve has been patching it and will continue to do so in the months ahead. Only after that it may come to GOG.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Huh. I logged into Steam and saw someone on my friends list playing this. I had to come here to confirm. Congrats, Cleve.

mindfields

Learned
Roguey doesn't know what he is talking about, GOG does quick patching for devs through Galaxy, it takes longer for the installers to get updated though.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
GOG likes to sell its games for like 4 dollars, who the fuck would put up with that? It is an OK place to dump some 30 year old game but obviously no one is going to release their new game onto GOG.

mindfields

Learned
GOG likes to sell its games for like 4 dollars, who the fuck would put up with that? It is an OK place to dump some 30 year old game but obviously no one is going to release their new game onto GOG.
Games that sell at lower prices sell more copies, getting more revenue for the developer. Cleve is just too prideful to sell Grimoire at a sane price because he's put so much work into it. It seems like Cleve needs to go through a "Jeff Vogel" realization where he is forced to accept that gauging the hardcore market makes FAR LESS money than selling at a lower price point and taking advantage of Steam's massive userbase. "My game is only for hardcore players who are willing to pay top dollar!" might make you feel all good inside, but it'll leave you broke.

Grimoire at $20 would of been a sweet spot and could of enjoyed moderate success.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom