Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Saduj

Arcane
Anyone know of any alternate links for downloading the translation compatible version of the mod? The dropbox link in #148 is currently unavailable due to overuse.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone know where I can find something more powerful than a laser rifle? So far my two best energy weapons--laser rifle and police laser--came from random encounters.

Tried the towns reachable by Caravan from Reno Comrade? Everything up to Reno is comparable to Arroyo-Clamath-Den from Fallout 2 which means really shit gear (and exciting play)... This Police Laser is really OP if you got him early btw; speaking about the Police how to become Sheriff of Blackrock? and where to get more Police themed gear like the Police armor, pistol and SMG?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone know where I can find something more powerful than a laser rifle? So far my two best energy weapons--laser rifle and police laser--came from random encounters.

Tried the towns reachable by Caravan from Reno Comrade? Everything up to Reno is comparable to Arroyo-Clamath-Den from Fallout 2 which means really shit gear (and exciting play)... This Police Laser is really OP if you got him early btw; speaking about the Police how to become Sheriff of Blackrock? and where to get more Police themed gear like the Police armor, pistol and SMG?

I'm pretty sure I've covered the whole map. I know the sheriff in Salt Lake has a gauss rifle, but I can't bring myself to kill him for it. Other than that there's a real shortage of energy weapons (for some reason I hate using the alien blaster, it just feels like cheating).

Blackrock gives you two ways to go--do all the pushover's quests or do all the hardass's quests.

Balamut

Literate
You can get a plasma rifle as reward for filling the Vault Quartermaster's request. Otherwise, I think Police Laser/Las Rifle are the best energy weapons avaliable apart from the alien pistol. Honestly, the laser rifle is plenty efficient at killing most enemies if you place your shots well.

Bloodlust

Augur
Dionis did not upload the wrong version.The translation is made to only work with 1.02 , not 1.02.14 or 1.02.15 or whatever.People download the wrong version of the mod.There's huge directory structure differences between various versions. New upload will fix those first bug reports so far.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got myself into dead end:

1) How are you you supposed to survive ambush after meeting Jay in Hawthorne? You are level 5-8 at best then you have SMG and Leather armor again at best and you are ambushed by three guys in combat armors and auto shotguns.

2) The Movie quest with Patrick; am I supposed to fail there? Cause when I do manage to shoot the assassin before he kills him in scripted sequence there is no dialogue with him except all this for nothing.

Some things like message from Jay are still po Ruskij btw; Good that I was able to understand his directions and to make save before following them.

Zer0wing

Cipher
1) How are you you supposed to survive ambush after meeting Jay in Hawthorne? You are level 5-8 at best then you have SMG and Leather armor again at best and you are ambushed by three guys in combat armors and auto shotguns.

2) The Movie quest with Patrick; am I supposed to fail there? Cause when I do manage to shoot the assassin before he kills him in scripted sequence there is no dialogue with him except all this for nothing.
1)Sneak is an option I guess. You're in a dark area, yes?
2)You are supposed to react to a strange man nervously moving towards Patrick, talk to him and send him away. At least it's one way to deal with him.
Some things like message from Jay are still po Ruskij btw; Good that I was able to understand his directions and to make save before following them.
Are you actually using latest translation with F:N v1.02(not 1.02+ or any other fan-made compilations or edits)?

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Patron

1)Sneak is an option I guess. You're in a dark area, yes?
2)You are supposed to react to a strange man nervously moving towards Patrick, talk to him and send him away. At least it's one way to deal with him.
Are you actually using latest translation with F:N v1.02(not 1.02+ or any other fan-made compilations or edits)?

He attacks me every time even with speech at 120 so I am forced to shoot him hence failing the quest apparently cause when I am not attacking him he just tries again... in a loop. might be be bug from translation or wrong version of mod.

Zer0wing

Cipher
He attacks me every time even with speech at 120 so I am forced to shoot him hence failing the quest apparently cause when I am not attacking him he just tries again... in a loop. might be be bug from translation or wrong version of mod.
Have you tried to look into viewers' pockets before all this starts? And yes, Patrick will vanish if you kill the guy, since you scared all the people.
AFIAK speech is useless here.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Draco, for the post Jay fight you might want to explore some more cities before going in to meet Jay. At the very least go to the engineer at the Reno train station and pay him to upgrade your leather armor to mark 2. I used an assault rifle to get through that fight; you can loot one from a very common random encounter near Wind of War. Or loot some grenades from the Hawthorne storage area outside the bunker before you set off the meeting with Jay.

For movie night you can intimidate the shooter into leaving without starting a fight. Talk to him when he starts moving and then it's 1,1,2,2,2.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Thanks Comrade the fight is much more doable when you make Jay stay and fight with you as to Assassin he was bugged thanks to game and translation incompatibility; I made this quest using Russian Version I have installed with no problem now installing the right translated one; we will see how it will go.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
When this will utterly complete? With editing and all. I still have patience because i am playing trails of cold steel and divinity 2 os comes out next months

Commissar Draco

Patron
How to Get rid of Mutants in Uranium City mines? Nelson tells you to dance which is less than helpful and standing with Dynamite in the centre of field is :retarded: advice (I tried to leave activated dynamite on the ground but it doesn't works neither)

Zer0wing

Cipher
How to Get rid of Mutants in Uranium City mines? Nelson tells you to dance which is less than helpful and standing with Dynamite in the centre of field is :retarded: advice (I tried to leave activated dynamite on the ground but it doesn't works neither)
Wut? Dance? I was responsible for half of Uranium City and never wrote anything like this.

You have several ways to deal with it. The safest is to buy a brahmin from chinese farmers(or persuade them), put Dynamite on it and kick it's arse to the mines to the ~north end of the caves. Or take a pair of cans from shelves at the same chinese farmer's house and attach it to the pole near mine entrance and "shake" it after and wait. Beware, they're very dangerous targets.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Game so far is fantastic despite the sometimes opaque clues, sometimes too edgy dialogues and runglish; True Spiritually Fallout 3 we longed. :hero: Only thing I do miss from prequeal are companions but it makes game a bit more difficult which is OK trade.

Also laughed at cut-scene after stealing a car... only fair thing to do after those bully soldiers robbed you. :russiastronk:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have never heard of this mod. What game is it for? What is it all about?
It is continuation of Fallout 2 - plot about the Vault City and you as one of it's citizens. You get ordered by Overseer to get the fuck out and find a thief who stole some shit. Until you get back your citizenship gets revoked. You get to visit Reno again.

Commissar Draco

Patron
I have never heard of this mod. What game is it for? What is it all about?
It is continuation of Fallout 2 - plot about the Vault City and you as one of it's citizens. You get ordered by Overseer to get the fuck out and find a thief who stole some shit. Until you get back your citizenship gets revoked. You get to visit Reno again.

I think its prequel to both F01 and F02 Comrade with tons of new assets, guns, armors and fun crafting system.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Its only seventy years after bomb fell so the setting is much more into breakdown of old war world with only few new societies emerging than we are rebuilding civilzation of F2 or how we going to end it again from FNV... and Yes its gud unlike canned food in this game. Only small cavet is that translation is still in Alpha and done for not patched fully version of game... So if your Russian is good enough play the orginal version which is constantly updated with new content and patched Comrade.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom