Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

bataille

Arcane
Please, ease my mind! After leveling up, I chose two (the amount the game asked me to choose) new spells for my cleric, and now she has 1 spell pick from the character screen. Is this a bug? Should I be worried about legitimacy of that spell pick?!

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What about the party name?

Party name on savegames and similar always shows up as "Heralds" for me, even though I named by party "Brenegades". What is up with that?

Please, ease my mind! After leveling up, I chose two (the amount the game asked me to choose) new spells for my cleric, and now she has 1 spell pick from the character screen. Is this a bug? Should I be worried about legitimacy of that spell pick?!

Try clicking on "Spells" in the character screen and see if you have new spells left to learn?

Weasel
I suspect Mr Blakemore's forums are only just getting warmed up

8D8MpHV.png

bataille

Arcane
What about the party name?

Party name on savegames and similar always shows up as "Heralds" for me, even though I named by party "Brenegades". What is up with that?

Try clicking on "Spells" in the character screen and see if you have new spells left to learn?

No, I mean I pick all the available spells at level ups, and then I still have some (depends on the class) to allocate later through the character screen. Someone somewhere hinted that it might not be as intended.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Iif you buy, review and refund a game, will the review still count into the score after you activate a key i.e. from Indiegogo?

Weasel
Iif you buy, review and refund a game, will the review still count into the score after you activate a key i.e. from Indiegogo?

I think after the recent changes backer/free key reviews aren't counted in aggregate score... whereas bought copies do - even if refunded

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/13/steam-review-filtering-affects-kickstarter-games/
Valve have again shaken up how the Steam store presents player reviews, this time adding new filtering options which, by default, don’t include reviews from people who got the game by activating a Steam key rather than buying direct from Steam. Valve say this is to prevent score inflation from devs throwing out free keys in exchange for reviews. That’s a noble goal, but the change also means discounting reviews from players who backed Kickstarters or bought the game direct from devs – groups likely to have genuine strong opinions – not to mention from other stores like Humble and Itch. Some devs are not best pleased.

bataille

Arcane
tyjmntymuhgj.jpg

Wowie. So I guess I need to either use cheat engine to lower my bard's music skill to nothing or stop using music altogether. I can already see boss monsters permanently paralysed with this thing. :?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
OK, so what's the deal with Templars? Mondblunt, any insight?

I accidentally wound up with one. Was trying to roll a Dur Bard but got a 30 and saw that Templar was available so I figured I better make one while the opportunity was there. But not sure what they do exactly. It sounds like they're a Paladin, but if they're Dur and can't use any freaking equipment what good is that? A Paladin that can't wield any good armor and weapons? Seems weird.

Everything is correct. You may want to keep him around for sword Caliburnus and until high-tier armor starts rolling in. Metalsmith's hammer makes a decent starting weapon he can use, then he can use some lances from Crowl armory. Just don't put him in front.

That is such good advice. Seriously Mondblut would you contribute some things to the manual, maybe a strategy chapter.

Viata

Arcane
tQ7hYja.png

So my char has those conditions locked for a while. Even if I sleep, nothing changes, so he is paralyzed forever. Bug or need to use some magic to fix that?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
When the fuck is Grimoire going to be on GOG? I got as far as downloading the infected binary blob of steam but I have too much principle to install that shit and keep it on my hard drive running for however many months it is that the game gets bugs ironed out or new features implemented through steam updates.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
The game can't contain the golden baby's inclinations.

tymtyjtyjn.jpg

The baby's inter dimensional traveler's guide specifically prohibits any interactions with natives except you can make gifts of pastries and croissants to them. So like any autist he kept the spirit of the law by dropping a 60 megaton giant donut from orbit on their outpost.

bataille

Arcane
tQ7hYja.png

So my char has those conditions locked for a while. Even if I sleep, nothing changes, so he is paralyzed forever. Bug or need to use some magic to fix that?

I think these are side effects of disease. I've had this happen to me as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom