Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Zep, I think instead of working on your editor you should work on a viable defence strategy with your lawyers.

Cleve's full of shit, when he shows me actual verifiable court documents, he can have my true name and then try to get blood out of this turnip.

Zep--

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

biggestboss

Liturgist
Question about Aquavia:

Is there a way to cross the body of water in Aquavia Causeway? I think that the solution to the 3 Clocks puzzle is Sun - Moon - Stars, but it didn't seem to change anything in the dungeon (or maybe I put it in the wrong order, I did it from left to right facing from when you enter the 3 Clocks room.) Right now, I'm leveling up my Swimming 1 point at a time a la Wizardry 7, but I really hope this isn't the way you're supposed to cross the water section in the first dungeon.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Question about Aquavia:

Is there a way to cross the body of water in Aquavia Causeway? I think that the solution to the 3 Clocks puzzle is Sun - Moon - Stars, but it didn't seem to change anything in the dungeon (or maybe I put it in the wrong order, I did it from left to right facing from when you enter the 3 Clocks room.) Right now, I'm leveling up my Swimming 1 point at a time a la Wizardry 7, but I really hope this isn't the way you're supposed to cross the water section in the first dungeon.

There is a secret door on the right, open it and there is a switch and a boat, the switch opens the gate and the boat is not a turtle.

Zep--

biggestboss

Liturgist
Excellent

ziPJets.png

Citizen

Cleve, do you still plan a GOG release? I thought i could wait for it, cause i don't use steam, but reading the thread makes me want to buy it ?NOW?.
Will V1 be on GOG?

iz4IyfE.jpg

tekknej

Novice
Cleve, please make backer keys priority number one. After having paid for Grimoire over four years ago, it would be nice to be able to play the game. Thank you in advance.
But please, take the time to run a mail merge and get those keys out to your backers. I'm sure some of them can't afford to just buy another copy and it must be torture listening to all these newfags talk about their Grimoire experiences while they can't play.
Cleve take some time to get those keys out. Those of us with the game already can wait a little longer right now for responses and bug fixing.

in due time, lads. remember, paying customers are a priority, you time will also come.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Cleve, do you still plan a GOG release? I thought i could wait for it, cause i don't use steam, but reading the thread makes me want to buy it ?NOW?.
Will V1 be on GOG?

iz4IyfE.jpg
I would suggest just buying it.

Play it now and join in the fun with us- This is actually really cool playing the game and chatting with everything about it while its all new...

I'm sure it'll be on gog but imho it wont be for at least a little bit. Might as well join the fun than now that wait until ?next friday? .

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
There's always SteamSpy of course, but Grimoire's sales may not be high enough to produce meaningful results there. The site's creator is pretty open about the limitations of his techniques, so please always be aware of this. Currently no sales numbers are available yet, but we should be able to see something there eventually in the coming days.

That, or Cleve might just give us the numbers himself, which could actually give some pretty cool insights on the sales of a sorta-niche game.

1600+ copies sold since Friday 9 pm went live. Only a fraction of the number of copies that will be sold when the next patch and manual come out.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Came to say that I have the exact same crash as mercyRPG

Looting the gate key from Aquavia (or whatever it's called) causes the game to crash with "ERROR 'ResPack.cpp' Line 671 Data Record Index Exceeds End Of Binary / 19"

Can you tell me the specific steps you use to generate this bug? I have run through that area, gotten the key and unlocked the gate four times to see if there was anything wrong. It's just smooth, no problems there.

Probably it is related to looting in general? Other people reports crash while looting.

I think this is it. In fact, I suspect a data corruption in a monster archest. Have to send out Steam keys but will look at it immediately afterwards.

Not-A-Newfag

Literate

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Update on key crashes:

9EOaYgv.png

edit: Ah, I see Cleve is here anyway now.

They are always saying in software development, never introduce basic changes to architecture in crunch time. I knew better but I was messing around with monster war chests less than two hours before it went live to specifically adapt for the "Chance Keys" (universal keys you can get after battles) warchest I added.

Perkel

Arcane
I bet all those "devs" making indie walking simulators selling 15 coppies for 5$ must feel enraged.

Now Cleave is rich enough to buy stone mouse instead of wooden one and can hire 3 gorillas to help him out with best game ever.

Can't wait for sequel !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom