Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Best Grimoire Title Screen (5 Options)

Which Grimoire title screen is the best?

• Total voters

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
lol

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
At the risk of getting this thread prospered as well, can we lure CMB here and continue the Grimoire discussion ITT? The previous one was getting a bit off-track. Thanks to some moderator :MProsperland now has my second highest post count, which is an uncomfortable situation to be in when DU expels the deviants.

Modron

Arcane
Number 1 and 4 are pretty cool.
Since you necro'd this thread, I might as well suggest we put up the photoshopped title screens like this:
Here is my idea for Grimoire tile screen.
sL8exJz.jpg

I am trying to find the one where someone photoshopped this:
0Sjf1Ho.jpg

into the pane of this:
1uzssGs.png

But I am getting the sneaking suspicion that it might have fallen victim to JCD nuking all his posts.

Modron

Arcane
Since it is already necro-ed. Is it me or were these titlescreens getting progressively worst ? Number one being the best one and the last one being the worst one ?
Nope you're right since this thread ended in 2015 it didn't see this gem circa 2016:
vagmtz8rjsitghacvymc.png

Those portraits on the right may be replaced with grayscales framed by irregular rough borders of the GPCs in the current party with names in simple black on top of the parchment. Otherwise this is the final version.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Since it is already necro-ed. Is it me or were these titlescreens getting progressively worst ? Number one being the best one and the last one being the worst one ?

The first one was wonderful - I've no idea why Cleve decided to change it. Maybe it no longer fit the screen resolution. Perhaps Cleve can do something about it for V2.

Weasel
Back in 2015 when Cleve introduced no 5 in this poll there was a bit of a debate and Cleve said he would consider fan-submitted title screens (which naturally provoked pages of troll entries), but sadly Alchemist didn't end up having time for the proper one he was going to do. Perhaps someone will still submit something good in the future, as the Grimoire marketing campaign reaches new audiences:

Anybody willing to submit a title screen, it will be considered. Otherwise this is the final going in the game. Sorry I just cannot waste even one more second on this stupid title screen.

Critique is cheap. Let's see somebody submit a better one.

Easy to bitch about the game still not finished, yet this is but one detail of tens of thousands I have solved by myself. You guys could spend six months critique of this screen but believe it is unreasonable I have taken this long to complete a game of this size and scope.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
New Grimoire title screens is an age-old tradition that should be kept up even after release.

mondblut

Arcane
Heck, with a choice of different GUI themes (deprecated? haven't followed that) different menu screens are just begging to be introduced. Randomly selected on every launch. Add this to microissues :smug:

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Just FYI, King Comrade's picture was either Grimegg or Rannus from Homlet in ToEE. If that were really an option to use a ToEE portrait I would pick that one hands down.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
4 most accurately depicts my dread at the thought that we won't see this game released within the next 10 years.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All of them (not including the fifth) are better than what we got in the final release.

:negative:

I actually like mondblut 's idea, using them all would be a neat surprise to everyone who plays it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom