Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
The moral is that Firaxis are decline bringers who chose to make a subpar game.

Sykar

Arcane
I almost never advance fast because then I will activate some random pod, which will REPOSITION to th best possible current cover. Which menas that next turn my frontliners will soak up all skills, some of which will instantly disable them, like sneks do. So nuXcom2 wanted to promore more agressive gameplay but succeded only in promoting passive-agressive gameplay, where players try their best to negate degeneracy of this crappy pod activation system.

I was really hoping they would make away with the stupid pods in X-Com 2. What a disappointment.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Somehow I already know these not-Zombies will be pure bullshit and/or annoying as fuck, just like the champion enemies.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Somehow I already know these not-Zombies will be pure bullshit and/or annoying as fuck, just like the champion enemies.
They look completely harmless to me. Slap some clip size++ mags on a soldier with high accuracy and you'll be taking them out easily and in huge numbers.

luinthoron

Learned
They look completely harmless to me. Slap some clip size++ mags on a soldier with high accuracy and you'll be taking them out easily and in huge numbers.
And once you have better pistols, you can just have your Sharpshooter keep shooting them forever...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
And once you have better pistols, you can just have your Sharpshooter keep shooting them forever...
To me it looked like the "headshot" action was a special one, different from regular shoot, so there's no guarantee it can be pistolled. Obviously, if it can, that will completely trivialize the whole endeavour as long as your pistol damage is high enough.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I simply assume Firaxis will try to add more lolrandumb shit with the expansion and these zombies somehow spawning on top of your is one way to do that. They won't just make them cannon fodder, that much is certain.

luinthoron

Learned
To me it looked like the "headshot" action was a special one, different from regular shoot, so there's no guarantee it can be pistolled. Obviously, if it can, that will completely trivialize the whole endeavour as long as your pistol damage is high enough.
I could swear I've seen pistols usable for this in at least one of the previews. Ah, there we go.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Has it already been explained why they are charging $40 for DLC?
8665-cdf82a54c1348a44cf8fe1883fc186f1.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
As many times as it takes for you to learn not to quote "entire article" posts.
Why not? When he quotes entire article, author of the article can't change it to sound more politically correct, and his shame would live forever.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Fuckshitcunt. The enemies represent the worst Firaxis philosophy of making a nuXcom. Add more enemies with abilities that are kill-or-lose. And make combat even more dependant of your ability to wipe pods in one turn. You killed all those aliens with shitload of disabling abilities - you win, you failed to do so - half of your soldiers are disabled, unconcious etc. rest panicked. This is a true faggotry, turning strategy game into a puzzle, where you have to search for perfect solution every turn. Because failure means teamwipe, and teamwipe on higher difficulties mean restarting.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wiping pods in one turn also have another big problem, you won't see enemies speicial abilities and attacks.
I was shocked when some commander "marked" one of my team beacuse of unlucky miss streak, after 4-5 months of in game ...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wiping pods in one turn also have another big problem, you won't see enemies speicial abilities and attacks.
I was shocked when some commander "marked" one of my team beacuse of unlucky miss streak, after 4-5 months of in game ...
I thought they are marking stuff in GATECRASHER, which is the bane of all one turn alphastrike kill pod players. It's weird you didn't see it once.

bonescraper

Fuckshitcunt. The enemies represent the worst Firaxis philosophy of making a nuXcom. Add more enemies with abilities that are kill-or-lose. And make combat even more dependant of your ability to wipe pods in one turn. You killed all those aliens with shitload of disabling abilities - you win, you failed to do so - half of your soldiers are disabled, unconcious etc. rest panicked. This is a true faggotry, turning strategy game into a puzzle, where you have to search for perfect solution every turn. Because failure means teamwipe, and teamwipe on higher difficulties mean restarting.
Eh not really. These new enemies are just new enemies, and the Priest is a re-skinned Sectoid Commander. Remember that your guys will also get a boost.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Shitty expansion is a shitty expansion. Hopefully LW2 guys get paid again to fix it like they did with Xcom 2 vanilla.

Mazisky

Magister

There is a new option that doubles the HP of all units, this may allow longer firefights and the chance to see abilities without instawhipe

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Eh not really. These new enemies are just new enemies, and the Priest is a re-skinned Sectoid Commander. Remember that your guys will also get a boost.
You guys are limited in number. When faced by a combat of 3 vipers they can disable half of your squad right away. All the while with turn timer ticking which means ~2 turn will go for saving incapacitated teammates and returning them to shape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom