Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
How sad. After their steam review manipulation campaign failed they are trying to give Grimoire a bad rating on Metacritic (this review site is used by consumers to decide if they should consume media) by stuffing the user reviews with negative reviews!

Look for yourself.
I am mostly surprised by Lady Errors review on Metacritic tbh...:
"Game looks like pants. So slow and tedious to do the simplest things. Plays horribly and bugs everywhere. Not worth to pick up in a 1$ bundle, yet the developer, Cleve Blakemore(a racist, arrogant, insane bully)wants 40 dollars for something that looks and plays worse than RPG maker shovelware!"

EDIT: Oh and link: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/grimoire-heralds-of-the-winged-exemplar

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
How near from ending the game is someone?

4Y4HY4.jpg

15 - 600 = 585, I am about 585 hours away from beating the game I think. Maybe add a few hours for my rolling and re-rolling party.

jfunk

Augur
Definitely a bug. I will have a look at that right away.

Awesome job squashing all these bugs so quickly Cleve.

But please, take the time to run a mail merge and get those keys out to your backers. I'm sure some of them can't afford to just buy another copy and it must be torture listening to all these newfags talk about their Grimoire experiences while they can't play.

GandGolf

Augur
If Golden Era Games is getting an entire subforum does that mean all the necromanced Grimoire threads in prosperium will be moving there or will they stay where they are?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Definitely a bug. I will have a look at that right away.

Awesome job squashing all these bugs so quickly Cleve.

But please, take the time to run a mail merge and get those keys out to your backers. I'm sure some of them can't afford to just buy another copy and it must be torture listening to all these newfags talk about their Grimoire experiences while they can't play.

It's the right thing to do. Not to mention that it will eventually bring a lot of genuine positive reviews.

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
COULD IT BE?! Our heroes were this close to determining the true nature of the beast! Thankfully, after an exhausting brainstorm, our devoted and wise scientist managed to discern its genus.

ui._lkyu7.jpg

Later on you get the same enemy rat graphic, but they are called "Devil Dogs" when you successfully ID them.

Zep--

jfunk

Augur
And everybody should take 30 seconds to go flag the fake tags that have been applied to Grimoire on Steam. Specifically the nudity, anime, and romance tags could actually be hurting it by causing it to be filtered out for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Ondoval

Novice
About the bug with the mouse being incontrolable; i resize my resolution from 4k to 1920*1080, and now , no problem with the mouse.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
And everybody should take 30 seconds to go flash the fake tags that have been applied to Grimoire on Steam. Specifically the nudity, anime, and romance tags could actually be hurting it by causing it to be filtered out for a lot of people.

I don't know man...those naked rats are pretty risque. Not to mention the flamboyant anime faggot in Crowl.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Interesting that Cleve says he's sold a thousand copies. Was amusing when checking the reception on other forums earlier to see some of his mortal foes move on from confident chat about refunding after leaving negative reviews.... to worrying that 'Gamergaters' would send lots of sales his way.

I think any reasonable person would admit that at some point BrokenForum drifted across the sanity flags and now constitutes a collaboration of people who qualify as clinically mentally ill. They've got threads devoted to their personal struggles with mental illness, their medications, their regular nervous breakdowns and ongoing treatment by professionals. I don't have and have never had a single one of those things. You go to the thread on top of it you find they are discussing why I need help.

"Projection" is a very real thing. It plays a large part in people's lives. The majority of their own ills they project onto strangers and wonder why they are not doing something about it.

This obsession with me is literally raving, foaming at the mouth mad dog crazy. IT's the Neanderthal effect. Unstable people come apart around Neanderthals. You can laugh but it's a real thing observed in the workplace around people with Asperger's Syndrome. Just walking into a room sometimes can set off a whole host of madmen hanging by a thread to begin with.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Has anybody tried loading a savegame from the superdemo in full game? If it works then we may not have to wait for a new demo after all.

Just tried putting a superdemo save into my Grimoire directory. Game crashes when you try to go to the load game menu.

I'm sure you believe that's my fault. How could a binary from 2012 work in a vastly changed program in 2017?

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Has anybody tried loading a savegame from the superdemo in full game? If it works then we may not have to wait for a new demo after all.

Just tried putting a superdemo save into my Grimoire directory. Game crashes when you try to go to the load game menu.

I'm sure you believe that's my fault. How could a binary from 2012 work in a vastly change program in 2017?

How could it! Yet my editor works with a binary from 2012 and also with the 2017 binary!

WEIRD! Forces of Decline at work I suppose...

Zep--

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Is there any truth about Cleve being a "white suprematicst" all I saw was generic anti-sapiens rants and something against nationalities (like autralians, etc).

He's not a serious racist, no. He's not a white supremacist. He's just a generic every-day sort of old conservative racist. It's nothing alarming. If we didn't buy products made from basic, boring Fox News/CNN/MSNBC type racists then we wouldn't have food or housing.

It's like herpes. Almost everyone has it, it's unsightly, there's not much you can do about it, and the people who make it into a huge deal are just kind of annoying.

I pity these blue haired multiple piercing effem hipsters when they round a corner and meet a real racist.

"Ohmigawd! Cleve, HELP ME! Cleve, I need you!"

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
pimpage...DECLINE: The Grimoire Character Editor (Release or Super Demo)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwWbO4WjDecjZllTS2dMSkpDbW8/view?usp=sharing

As I've said before, I will continue development (library edit, spell edit, etc) if someone gifts me a Steam Key for Grimoire.

Some tips.

1. ALWAYS MANUALLY BACK UP YOUR SAVE you're going to edit.

2. Attributes can go to 100
3. Skills can go to 120

Items/Equipment

If you want a quest item...equip it in one of your armor slots (I typically use the Quill)
Then, load the game, go to equip page, and unequip

THEN, DROP IT ON THE GROUND (Far right square past inventory)

Then pick it up and drop it in your inventory. This somehow resets the stats on the thing I haven't quite worked out yet.

Any problems or questions, let me know.

ALWAYS MANUALLY BACK UP YOUR SAVE! (Just in case!)
From the load screen, they are numbered like this:
1-5-9
2-6-10
3-7-11
4-8-12

It should remember your Grimoire directory after you point is there the first time on subsequent rerun of the editor.

Have fun with your hacked charater(s).

The extracted item list might not be accurate (it came from the SuperDemo)

If you're a retard and can't into computers. Don't download it. It's in a very rough state, but it does work.

Forgot to add a notification when you click save, but the button does save.

Comments/questions can be sent to Grimzep777@gmail.com

Zep--

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Zep, I think instead of working on your editor you should work on a viable defence strategy with your lawyers.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Alright, after almost 5 hours in:

THIS WAS NOT A DRILL. INCLINE HAS DESCENDED FROM HEAVENS.

This thing is fucking majestic. Broken in all the right ways.

If only I could penetrate. The story of my life.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Esc does do something, just not very much :(

Party size aside...

I was a Grimoire beta tester in the very early days of this. I wasn't one for very long, because of the interface issues. I think the last words Cleve and I had (an amicable parting it was) went along the lines that "I wasn't suited" to the game. We parted ways.
What he meant was that he wasn't prepared to listen to construcive criticism. :) It wasn't as if these were radical new fangled ideas. FFS, how hard is it to make Esc = click on EXIT button?
In the early days of RPGs (Bard's Tale, MMI and such) interface issues almost didn't exist, I guess partly because there were no standards, and partly because the mouse was almost an afterthought.
A decade later though, I didn't get why these things weren't in the game from day 1, and frankly I am astounded that these same 'features' haven't been addressed. It isn't as if I am the first one to mention them. :)
Forget Monthy Python taking him to task, think of all the future RSI and carpal tunnel cases this clickfest will cause.

Forget no excuses in the 2017s, there were none in the 90s. A poorly designed interface is a poorly designed interface (think Elminage). Get past this, and you most likely have an amazing game. I wasn't able to get past it back then, (probably because there were so many alternatives) and now... I dunno, I might be able to :) It is such a freaking pity that a true gem may be hidden underneath an interface that will turn even fans of the genre off, and not let potential new fans to enjoy it. :(

Esc should exit whatever screen you are on.
Scroll bars should scroll windows, without needing to click on a freaking arrow.
Can't remember if mouses had scroll wheels back then, but today... they do.

Anyway, onya Cleve, I hope it is onwards and upwards for you and your game. :)

I knew I had forgotten something

Scroll bars should scroll windows, without needing to click on a freaking arrow.

It's fucking stupid that in 2017 I need to click on the scroll bar and move it myself instead of using my mouse wheel.

Sorry Cleveland Mark Blakemore, but if you can't get the most basic of interface features done, whether because of ignorance or stubborness, who knows what the hell may I encounter later in the game. Grimoire is unpolished all the way from the intro to the main game screen, all over the interface, and I simply won't waste any moments of my already short time playing this when there are 20-year old cRPGs with much better interfaces.

User interface is how you interact with the game. If it's good, you won't even notice it. If it's bad, it will be annoying as hell and get in the way of a good session. Should've taken notes from Elminage: Original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom