Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It just went back to mostly positive again. I imagine it will go higher once the typical "0.3h on record, I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas, game's broken" steam crowd loses interest and more reviews from people who actually play the game roll in.

kvp0ttY.png

On the side note ?RUDE CHAPS? and ?SQUIRRELS? are going to be a real treat for anyone mad enough to try translating the game

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Here's the editor

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwWbO4WjDecjZllTS2dMSkpDbW8/view?usp=sharing

As I've said before, I will continue development (library edit, spell edit, etc) if someone gifts me a Steam Key for Grimoire.

Some tips.

1. ALWAYS MANUALLY BACK UP YOUR SAVE you're going to edit.

2. Attributes can go to 100
3. Skills can go to 120

Items/Equipment

If you want a quest item...equip it in one of your armor slots (I typically use the Quill)
Then, load the game, go to equip page, and unequip

THEN, DROP IT ON THE GROUND (Far right square past inventory)

Then pick it up and drop it in your inventory. This somehow resets the stats on the thing I haven't quite worked out yet.

Any problems or questions, let me know.

ALWAYS MANUALLY BACK UP YOUR SAVE! (Just in case!)
From the load screen, they are numbered like this:
1-5-9
2-6-10
3-7-11
4-8-12

It should remember your Grimoire directory after you point is there the first time on subsequent rerun of the editor.

Have fun with your hacked charater(s).

The extracted item list might not be accurate (it came from the SuperDemo)

If you're a retard and can't into computers. Don't download it. It's in a very rough state, but it does work.

Forgot to add a notification when you click save, but the button does save.

Comments/questions can be sent to Grimzep777@gmail.com

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Someone let me know if the link even works, please. First time sharing Public on google drive.

Zep--

Weasel
Destructoid follow-up article, few days after that last "20 years and still not out" piece. Mixes small portion of crow-eating with pictures of porcine aerobatics and sub-zero Hades.

https://www.destructoid.com/holy-sh...winged-exemplar-is-available-now-452967.phtml
When pigs fly

Eat crow, everyone. Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is here.

A couple of days ago, I posted about the game in production for over twenty years, its constant broken promises and delays. Since then I have feverishly been checking Steam to see if it was going to pop up out of the ether and surprise us all, and this morning, I was shocked to see a hefty price tag of around forty bucks, early "reviews" of the game, and a ton of discussion on the Steam discussion board.

Cleve Blakemore's magnum opus has finally been released after a long and troubled development time.

Early impressions are that the game is mostly functional apart from a few bugs people are discovering, but it's really early. I've been watching muted Twitch streams this morning to get a feel for how it feels, and I will say this much; it looks fucking hard.

That's to be expected. It is a spiritual continuation of the Wizardry games of old. People have been ripping into it in the chat for sound issues, saying "it's like Cleve recorded himself stumbling around drunk in the kitchen and made that the soundtrack" and that the UI is a confusing mess, but for better or worse the game is now available.

I really hope more than anything it makes the people who have been following it, some of whom have likely literally died waiting for it, happy. The passion these folks have is truly unprecedented. I hope Cleve continues to polish it up as time goes on as well.

I'm fucking shocked. Really.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamspy.com/app/650670

Still no sales figures shown, but 120 concurrent users looks very solid.

For anyone who want to speculate based on Steamspy owner numbers: You should wait at least four days after the release to get reliable data.

Steam Spy pulls data every minute, but updates visializations only once a day at night (GMT+2), so there is no point in refreshing it more often. The data is based on several days samples: from three days for individual apps to seven days for location-based info. It means that Steam Spy is competely unreliable for recently released games.

https://steamspy.com/about

Kitchen Utensil

Destructoid follow-up article, few days after that last "20 years and still not out" piece. Mixes small portion of crow-eating with pictures of porcine aerobatics and sub-zero Hades.

https://www.destructoid.com/holy-sh...winged-exemplar-is-available-now-452967.phtml
When pigs fly

Eat crow, everyone. Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is here.

A couple of days ago, I posted about the game in production for over twenty years, its constant broken promises and delays. Since then I have feverishly been checking Steam to see if it was going to pop up out of the ether and surprise us all, and this morning, I was shocked to see a hefty price tag of around forty bucks, early "reviews" of the game, and a ton of discussion on the Steam discussion board.

Cleve Blakemore's magnum opus has finally been released after a long and troubled development time.

Early impressions are that the game is mostly functional apart from a few bugs people are discovering, but it's really early. I've been watching muted Twitch streams this morning to get a feel for how it feels, and I will say this much; it looks fucking hard.

That's to be expected. It is a spiritual continuation of the Wizardry games of old. People have been ripping into it in the chat for sound issues, saying "it's like Cleve recorded himself stumbling around drunk in the kitchen and made that the soundtrack" and that the UI is a confusing mess, but for better or worse the game is now available.

I really hope more than anything it makes the people who have been following it, some of whom have likely literally died waiting for it, happy. The passion these folks have is truly unprecedented. I hope Cleve continues to polish it up as time goes on as well.

I'm fucking shocked. Really.

I think it unlikely Grimoire will be able to make dead people happy. But who knows, it's Grimoire after all.

valcik

Arcane
"""bought""" from what he said earlier though
This Baxander bloke is pretty disgusting creature, spending hours to upload megabytes of defamatory videos on YT and stealing the game afterwards. Such types are nothing but waste of good bandwidth. Since defamatory and stalking are crimes prosecutable by western law, Google takes request on deleting such accounts on a regular basis. I'd suggest Cleveland Mark Blakemore to take legal step toward this cretin - sending request to Google in order to nuke that YT account due to defamatory content, using personal pictures withour permission, and stalking.

:rage:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone actually confirmed if this is significantly different from the super demo (other than via the files in the directory)?

The super demo is 12 mb. The full version is 41 mb. That indicates it is only around 3-ish times as large...
Actually the superdemo's data file (BUNDLE-x.RSF) is 42.5M while the full game's data file is 67.3MB, so about 58% larger. Doubt it's too meaningful, but it's more meaningful than comparing sizes of the installers.

Hm. Hmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. But the graphical fidelity has not scaled up...........hmm.......hmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
IIRC Superdemo uses the same data as the final game without certain logic pointers.

Very likely superdemo == V1 minus the final line:

finalisation = true ;

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Is there a fix for the CTD when you click on character icons? I tested the game yesterday with no issues but I got two crashes today.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You know what is amazing? Reading comments from people like stabwound or Doctor Sbaitzo or even Jaesun who mocked and hassled Mr Blakemore and now are playing, enjoying and actually making positive contributions and comments to this most holy of threads... that is the true Incline how this game can cause all true fans of RPGs to come together and just enjoy it
I can wait for my Steam Key, I played the heck out of the Superdemo and plan on vegging all day tomorrow with a cheese pizza, a big 2 liter Coke and a Grimoire all nighter

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
You know what is amazing? Reading comments from people like stabwound or Doctor Sbaitzo or even Jaesun who mocked and hassled Mr Blakemore and now are playing, enjoying and actually making positive contributions and comments to this most holy of threads... that is the true Incline how this game can cause all true fans of RPGs to come together and just enjoy it
I can wait for my Steam Key, I played the heck out of the Superdemo and plan on vegging all day tomorrow with a cheese pizza, a big 2 liter Coke and a Grimoire all nighter

Don't forget Zepo, from #1 nemesis of Cleve to top Grimoire modder!

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I sent that idiot to the ignore list ages ago along with Country Gravy... anybody so stupid as to sign with his retarded ---Zep is way too gone to ever come back... have not seen anything about commie either but he is not on the ignore list

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

Add RPG Watch to the list, where Grimoire is the only thing that can get this burial ground of undead RPG players to raise from their slumber and actually discuss anything for more than two pages.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Penetration is a big issue.

I feel back in high school - in more than one sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom