Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So... anyone knows what would be the best place for some constructive criticism?
Or if Cleve listens?

From the reviews, there do seem to be some rough edges (no movement via keyboard I read in one? For real?).

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Has anyone actually confirmed if this is significantly different from the super demo (other than via the files in the directory)?

The super demo is 12 mb. The full version is 41 mb. That indicates it is only around 3-ish times as large...
Actually the superdemo's data file (BUNDLE-x.RSF) is 42.5M while the full game's data file is 67.3MB, so about 58% larger. Doubt it's too meaningful, but it's more meaningful than comparing sizes of the installers.

Hm. Hmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. But the graphical fidelity has not scaled up...........hmm.......hmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
IIRC Superdemo uses the same data as the final game without certain logic pointers.

LootSeeker

Educated
I love the goalpost-moving from the haters: "Never coming out -> unplayable -> Cleve's a meany", in under 48 hours

Cleve has spent the last 17 years telling people his game has been going to come out. He has set multiple release dates "in stone" only to disappoint his fans time and time again. He set three release dates this year alone and each time he got people hyped up for its release. The only person who kept moving the goalposts is Cleve. You have to be either ignorant of his history or completely disingenuous.

WHO

CARES

It's out now you fucking retard. Only people not actually wanting to play the game would complain about all that. Gimme a fucking break.
The agents of decline are quickly realizing that they are about to be destitute.
Some of those agents are still stuck in the past as evident from their negative reviews that delve into irrelevant information instead of the actual game. I got a kick out of reading a couple though.

So... anyone knows what would be the best place for some constructive criticism?
Or if Cleve listens?

From the reviews, there do seem to be some rough edges (no movement via keyboard I read in one? For real?).

Not real. It's been there since the release. Just like the people claiming you have to click through combat messages instead of hitting/holding enter.

Latro

Arcane
None of these people ever cared about the game, they only ever came to mock Cleve. The game is out and yet they're still here, rambling like mad-men about shit nobody cares about. Pathetic!

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Or if Cleve listens?

What possible constructive criticism could you have if everything you now about the release version is what you read in a few reviews written by steamtards that only owned the game long enough to write the reviews before getting their refund. Most of those reviews have playtimes of 0.1 hours. Only about 5 of the negative reviewers played more than an hour, and even those are filled with idiotic made up shit like "no movement via keyboard".

bataille

Arcane
Cleve has confirmed that bards are indeed in need of fixing.
I want to play, but I don't want to have a bard with 100 in music that can put even bosses to sleep by 10th hour of playing.
What to do...

Vagiel

Augur
For now making different parties and exploring the different starting stages I believe is enough. We need a manual for planning a good party.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

iqzulk

Augur
I want to play, but I don't want to have a bard with 100 in music that can put even bosses to sleep by 10th hour of playing.
What to do...
You can have a bard with 100 in music after your very first (or any at all, really) fight in the game. You can also have 100 in stealth for everyone in your party after that very fight. Also, sages can do music as well.

System

Educated
It is painfully obvious, and certain codex members had mentioned if for years, that this game needed extensive testing by other people before coming out. If Cleve wasn't such stubborn ass none of these problems would be present now at launch. Game really gives an aura of either not being finished or not being beta tested enough, and I know that former cant be true in any case.
Oh well, I wish him the best no matter what.

Alkarl

Learned
Alright, that's about all I can handle for one evening without snorting coffee grounds.

I only rolled 6 characters, so I could try to recruit some npcs. I'm still not that far into the game, barely obtained second level, on veteran level with frequent encounters. I've gotten stomped a couple times, but things are working out alright. I recruited Rosey, the fairy, and I'm not sure if this was a mistake or not as she is op af at this point in the game. Either that or I did not aim very high at character creation.

Current Party:
  1. Drake Warrior
  2. Giant Berserker
  3. Leonar Ranger
  4. Naga Thief
  5. Aur- .. Eyeball thing Cleric
  6. Durendil Sage
  7. and, of course, Fairy Thaum

I've been trying to sort out what precisely influences skill increases through use. Not really sure, I get a lot of non-combat skill ups just by walking down the hall, but in combat, it seems some characters have an easier time than others with certain things. Giant is great with Axes, Naga with knives. Outside of combat, my ranger and thief seem to compete with one another on detecting shit. My sage picks up identifying and mythology pretty easy. So far, my only problem children are my Cleric Eye Guy, and my Drake Warrior, they seem to have a learning disability. This could have something to do with incompatible classes I suppose.

Another thing that is a bit out of place, is how many keys of the same type this game throws at you. Even worse is the fact you can sell them for 1k in gold, so I'm not hurting for shit right now. Not that this necessarily makes the game easier, but it does help. Doors don't seem to eat them, so you only need one of each type, as far as I can tell.

Anyway, game is awesome.

bataille

Arcane
What to do...
You can have a bard with 100 in music after your very first (or any at all, really) fight in the game. You can also have 100 in stealth for everyone in your party after that very fight. Also, sages can do music as well.

Does a participation trophy go with it?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So Prices on Steam are the same in Gaymany, France and Potatoland while the latter has 25% medium salaries Compared to 10 zion bux in Russia ;:russiastronk:

You wanted your west choke on it now Potato Lords; Congratulations for successful release Comrade Cleve! The Golden Baby has landed!:hero:

Weasel
And so the day that would never come has arrived:

And the Baxander saga draws to a close. Although, years later, Grimoire veterans would still spot his likeness in the most unexpected of places, reminding them once again of the darkness before the dawn...

YcHMWz.jpg

treborSux

Arcane
A lack of understanding of the user interface and game mechanics has not prevented the majority of players from concluding they may be looking at one of the best computer roleplaying games ever written.
It's gold Jerry

treborSux

Arcane
And so the day that would never come has arrived:

And the Baxander saga draws to a close. Although, years later, Grimoire veterans would still spot his likeness in the most unexpected of places, reminding them once again of the darkness before the dawn...

YcHMWz.jpg

I saw a few minutes of that earlier, it seemed like he was enjoying it overall without much complaining. Did he change his tone back to negative nancy?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom