Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

NotAt0mic

Literate
Butthurt, nah. Thanks for the reaction, but I'm only butthurt due to the fact that the joke has ended. I must congratulate Cleve for the release, it's a mammoth achievement. It's just clear from the Steam reviews that an epic development time has not translated into a classic. But if some people enjoy it despite its bugs and flaws, then congrats to them as well. I just was never going to buy it because it looks fucking OLD.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay guys, all of you who for some reason are not busy playing Grimoire: I don't mean to be such a Sapiens, but are there any stores in Crowl, and if so, how do you use them? I've met Smithers and Trimestros, but I can't seem to figure out what to tell them.

I just was never going to buy it because it looks fucking OLD.

:hmmm:

What the fuck are you even doing here?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I got home from work today, logged on and had 4 comments on my (positive) review and 9 PMs from different random people. 3 of them called me a fat retard while the other 6 accused me of being Cleve. WTF is this shit.

pZi is your account?

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Okay guys, all of you who for some reason are not busy playing Grimoire: I don't mean to be such a Sapiens, but are there any stores in Crowl, and if so, how do you use them? I've met Smithers and Trimestros, but I can't seem to figure out what to tell them.
Don't enter conversation. Right click the speech bubble to see other options.

Alkarl

Learned
So, I decided to give it a try and I must say

:shredder:

Game is sexy as fuck. Hot damn, the incline is real. That said, I finally just hit my first bug:

About an hour and a half in, on the Shrine starting path, I win a fight against some mudwasps and they drop a blacksmiths key. I was clicking through pretty fast and once I realized it, I had clicked the grayed out option LEAVE ITEM on what I'm guessing is a critical item (I have 4 of the fucking things, and the doors don't appear to eat them) and the game just sorta soft-locked and through up an error in the background.

Also, I've noticed I have full screen, no black borders. Nice.

:thumbsup::d1p:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Alright, I can't wait anymore you fucks convinced me. I'll just gift my backer key whenever Cleve gets around to sending it.

Ill probably do the same so i can actually play the game a bit this weekend dammit.

The extra special backer key, kept in cold storage for 4 years, will be raffled in that case.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Kinda hard to form an opinion about this game between all those 'It is an unplayable bugfest' and 'best game ever' posts itt. And steam reviews are either 0.1 hours of record 'I don't liek grafiks, refudn' or they just write how other reviews are shit.
Darth Roxor i don't like you and you don't like me but this is important. You're the only one who can be trusted to explore the true state of this game and write up an educated opinion.
Codex needs you.

It looks fun but I have played less than a couple hours. I decided to make a premature review, simply because the retarded negative ones were triggering me (not all of them, some are legit).

How do you get to level 2 of Shrine of the Raptor? I've gotten the map from the skeleton and have been to pretty much every area in the shrine except for the bottom part, I've scoured every south-facing wall and found no secret switches.

edit: nevermind,
put the owl in the alcove and found the passage
I tried that randomly, was there a hint somewhere that I missed?

Last edited:

Not-A-Newfag

Literate
Alright fuck it, sounds like people actually wanted to play this shit rather than joke about it. I'm honestly surprised, have you seen the screenshots? I'm outta here, again.

Goddamn, you are a fucktard. Straight from Steam to the Codex, eh?

Kitchen Utensil

To be fair, it's an obscure forgotten genre and you really have to be open-minded nowadays and give the games a serious chance to discover the charm if you haven't played them back then. They don't look inviting at first glance (and that's about as much attention as most games get these days unfortunately).

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Alright fuck it, sounds like people actually wanted to play this shit rather than joke about it. I'm honestly surprised, have you seen the screenshots? I'm outta here, again.
Screenshots? Is that how you form opinions on something? Most people in this thread are actually playing the fucking game you fat fuck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom