Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Is there any truth about Cleve being a "white suprematicst" all I saw was generic anti-sapiens rants and something against nationalities (like autralians, etc).

Cleveland Mark Blakemore is literally Hitler.

It's rubbish. Which war did these pukes fight in alongside their comrades of many races and origins? Did they visit them in the medieval torture dungeon in Brooklyn like I did? I visited Brian Foley up here, he wasn't well. Kind of pathetic the only person who would come up to see him was his white retarded Army buddy when his own family couldn't find the time. The U.S. abandoned him in this dump to a flesh rotting infection that took the better part of one leg off. They don't tell you about those kinds of casualties, the majority in the aftermath of any war. Do you think when he called me at Street News and asked me to visit him I told him, sorry, Brian, you're black I can't make it. This guy kept me in church for two years and drove me every Sunday we were in the service. Great friend to me.

rating_brofist.png

So I guess that med torture dungeon was some kind of Vet Hospital?

TheGameSquid

Scholar
There's always SteamSpy of course, but Grimoire's sales may not be high enough to produce meaningful results there. The site's creator is pretty open about the limitations of his techniques, so please always be aware of this. Currently no sales numbers are available yet, but we should be able to see something there eventually in the coming days.

That, or Cleve might just give us the numbers himself, which could actually give some pretty cool insights on the sales of a sorta-niche game.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Would love an Enhanced HD Edition. Basically fix teh bugs, stretch the full screen and make a more intuitive and less cumbersome UI. :salute:

Already fixed all of that. Was thinking of passing out but decided instead to chew on some coffee grounds and boot up for morning release instant patch.

I'm not sure we understand each other.

How it was:
loW4FkT.png

How it is:
MD0XMBw.png

How I want it to look in Extreme Turbo Enhanced Golden Baby Full HD Edition:
W65Fy3Q.png

You would need to make a new interface and add a pop-up menu screen, and it would require some serious work.
Of course, this can wait, you need to squash some more important gameplay and technical bugs and release a manual as well.

I still think this would be fucking fantastic because it would make Grimoire's beautiful and extremely charming art-style shine even more. Cheers.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I played it for an hour and just decided to replay MM3/4/5.The UI is really filled with a bunch of pointless clicks,there is not a minimap and when you open the map screen you can't exit it with ESC but you have to click.This is a problem because the textures are very repetitive and that makes it very confusing.Also if you get seesick from the movement,you can make it instant like in the old schools.Also the Character creator is a mess and annoying,i had to rage quit a tree times before i could even make a whole party.I don't think that the game is hard at this point.I will try it out again after a few days drinking.

Thanks for confirming that you are gay.

This is quite possibly the BEST RPG EVER, and you are all like "Oh, there's something I don't really like about the interface, I can't be bothered to try to comprehend how it works. Pass."

They are like a virgin nerds that wouldn't fuck a hot chick even if she begs for a dick, just because she talks too much, or because its not Megan Fox or something like that. Excuses.

Last edited:

CarlWinslow

Literate
Having the display issue in fullscreen (1920x1080), there is a lot of mouse delay. Also if I change the settings to both windowed mode and scaling, the game loads with only a black screen. I can reset the configuration by deleting game.cfg but hoping a fix can be found to allow me to play normally in full screen or to use scaling in windowed mode.

Finally: While in fullscreen, I cannot tab out with windows key to look at a browser or any other app.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Darth Roxor i don't like you and you don't like me but this is important. You're the only one who can be trusted to explore the true state of this game and write up an educated opinion.

Roxor has finished Wizardry 6 recently and is now playing Wizardry 7, so I would actually trust his opinion on this. Or even better, play the superdemo and see if you like it.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
This game is pretty awesome so far. I am getting my ass handed to me pretty often even at veteran difficulty. There are like 3 higher difficulties I think, and only one lower. This may be the first time I've ever been tempted to put a game on the easiest difficulty just to progress a little. I'm not, but I definitely kind of want to.

mondblut

Arcane
Has anybody tried loading a savegame from the superdemo in full game? If it works then we may not have to wait for a new demo after all.

Not bloodly likely.

However, the character library might actually be compatible, its size appears the same (rpg100.lib). If you spent weeks rolling those 8 dudes with 32 bonus and good hp/mana in superdemo, chance are, you won't have to do it again. Try copying it from demo to complete game.

Last edited:

Alkarl

Learned
Alright, first off, congrats Cleve. I've just finished my big Grimoire Day crow dinner (bastard was Yuge!, or was that a Raven? Ugh, I feel death.) I have to admit, when I got an email this morning from Steam letting me know it was available, it was like a punch to the throat.

Now, with that said, I'm debating on purchasing the game. I've been scanning this thread and parsing out the fake news and bullshit from both early adopters and un-beClevers, and so far, I'm not convinced this game is stable. So far what I've been able to piece together:

• one of the starting points is broken
  • many items are broken
  • some stats/skills are broken
  • the ui itself is broken
  • the game has graphical issues that cause it to crash
  • and that Cleve has issued at least one patch already (Thanks!)

Can anyone tell me if this is worth getting right now? I'm not sweating the four dollar discount, and I probably owe Cleve a full retail purchase anyway, but I don't want to waste time and money. Mostly the former.

makchanka

Arbiter
Is there any truth about Cleve being a "white suprematicst" all I saw was generic anti-sapiens rants and something against nationalities (like autralians, etc).

He's not a serious racist, no. He's not a white supremacist. He's just a generic every-day sort of old conservative racist. It's nothing alarming. If we didn't buy products made from basic, boring Fox News/CNN/MSNBC type racists then we wouldn't have food or housing.

It's like herpes. Almost everyone has it, it's unsightly, there's not much you can do about it, and the people who make it into a huge deal are just kind of annoying.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lady Error - why disagree? I wasn't thinking about throwing the current interface out of the game, but merely about adding the new one as well. You could still choose between Classic and Modern UI in the options, just like you can do now with stepping and turning. This would undoubtedly increase the potential customer base.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Has anybody tried loading a savegame from the superdemo in full game? If it works then we may not have to wait for a new demo after all.

Not bloodly likely.

However, the character library might actually be compatible, its size appears the same (rpg100.lib). If you spent weeks rolling those 8 dudes with 32 bonus and good hp/mana in superdemo, chance are, you won't have to do it again. Trying copying it from demo to complete game.

A Library editor is a feature in DECLINE. Spent 30 hours rolling a special character? Now you can copy and paste it into a new library slot.

Zep--

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm still processing the fact that we live in the dimension that Grimoire was released. This is now a post-Grimoire timeline.

We also live in a dimension in which Donald Trump was elected President of the United States. Truly, this is the best timeline.

Think about it, folks: Grimoire was in development for a quarter of a century, and "just happened" to be released the year Donald Trump took the oath of office.

We all know what a herald is. Now, what is the primary motif of the God-Emperor's armor?

58a64f892a.png

That's right: wings.

Finally, there can be no doubt that Donald Trump is the textbook definition of an exemplar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom