Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOLDEN BABY RISING - Grimoire Released!

FUDU

Arcane
August 4th in the year of our Lord 2017.

gillon7e-1-web.jpg

A date that will live in INFAMY.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Fuck, I missed the glorious release moment, oh well.
Posting in an historical thread.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Grimoire's concurrent players has already blown Panic! at Mulitverse High's out of the water. Looks like there's more of a market for blobbers than non-romantic visual novels with bad art. :cool:

The mixed reviews are completely expected. Cleve's so polarizing of course any game he'd make would be as well.

moonyeti

I see, it is basically the Duke Nukem of old school dungeon crawlers.

Lakiw

Along with that the developer, Cleve Blakemore, is a very harshly outspoken and seems a little troubled.

He used to work with the Australian division of Sirtech, the developer for Wizardry. He resigned from the job (shortly before the branch went defunct) due to what he claimed "Gay sex orgies and sexually deviant monster design" that happened there.

So he then goes solo and makes Grimoire for the next 20 years. He continually insulted his fans (or trolls pretending to be) telling them how they're unintelligent and how they were going to eat crow when his game was going to hit release (though I suppose now we actually do need to eat the crow). A lot of trolls egged him on just to watch the train crash.

He lives in a fallout shelter in Australia, he has a lot of misogynist postings on his blogs, believes TV is set to destroy Western Society, and how the US needs to fall for gods plan or something. The list continues. The guy was a character and drew trolls from all over to meme him.

pnakotic

>due to what he claimed "Gay sex orgies and sexually deviant monster design" that happened there

Which people thought was him bullshitting until some of said designs popped up on the internet after an auction and they were more or less exactly like he described them.

:lol:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Funny how the vast majority of the positive reviews; even by Codexers; were made by people who stopped playing the game BEFORE the 2 hour refund cutoff mark was reached.

Makes you think.......

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I'm just glad to see that it's finally out and can now go through its second stage of life. Cleve may be many things, but he's such an egotistical autist that you can bet he will OCD over every little thing from here on out and continue to support and update his 20+ year old legacy project.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Funny how the vast majority of the positive reviews; even by Codexers; were made by people who stopped playing the game BEFORE the 2 hour refund cutoff mark was reached.

You played for 12 minutes. Then you made a review about how shitty the game is and posted a negative review of the game, and ripped off other reviewers comments. Tedious gameplay, after playing a whole fucking 12 minutes! Half the time the "Fight" option doesn't exist? How many times could that be in 12 minutes?

commie said:
Not Recommended
0.2 hrs last two weeks / 0.2 hrs on record
Posted: Aug 4 @ 10:55am

Horrible game. Looks crude and amateur even by the standards of the late 80's. But all that could be forgiven if the gameplay wasn't so tedious and clunky or that it wouldn't have more bugs than Starship Troopers. Crashes practically everywhere, in combat, half the time the option to 'fight' doesn't even exist. I loved Might and Magic series and Gold Box and was never close to Wizardry, but I got a lot out of Wiz 7 and 8 and hoped this would have been close to that. For the price the Dev is charging for a game in the state it is now, it is daylight robbery.

For shame!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

You played for 12 minutes. Then you made a review about how shitty the game is and posted a negative review of the game, and ripped off other reviewers comments. Tedious gameplay, after playing a whole fucking 12 minutes! Half the time the "Fight" option doesn't exist? How many times could that be in 12 minutes?

commie said:
Not Recommended
0.2 hrs last two weeks / 0.2 hrs on record
Posted: Aug 4 @ 10:55am

Horrible game. Looks crude and amateur even by the standards of the late 80's. But all that could be forgiven if the gameplay wasn't so tedious and clunky or that it wouldn't have more bugs than Starship Troopers. Crashes practically everywhere, in combat, half the time the option to 'fight' doesn't even exist. I loved Might and Magic series and Gold Box and was never close to Wizardry, but I got a lot out of Wiz 7 and 8 and hoped this would have been close to that. For the price the Dev is charging for a game in the state it is now, it is daylight robbery.

For shame!

It's all that was needed to get 5 CTD's and random fuck ups. Fuck that shit. Ain't nobody got time for that shit especially when the fat old faggot promised virtually no bugs and gloated how sublime his code was. In that time I could also see how fucking ugly the game was, the terrible movement, obtuse interface and shit palette with totally shit animations.

You take issue with my honest opinion? Move to Saudi Arabia if you can't handle dissent!

Besides, the positive reviews are rarely about anything game related and most were made in the first half hour, and all they do is praise Cleve for the Incline...just memes! Why not go to task with them?

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Comrade, the game is released. The itch is scratched, the pipe dream is over, etc. I think you know what I'm getting at.

Anyway dat price is too much for anyone but the holiest most sturdiest bunker inhabitants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom