Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kinda hard to form an opinion about this game between all those 'It is an unplayable bugfest' and 'best game ever' posts itt. And steam reviews are either 0.1 hours of record 'I don't liek grafiks, refudn' or they just write how other reviews are shit.
Darth Roxor i don't like you and you don't like me but this is important. You're the only one who can be trusted to explore the true state of this game and write up an educated opinion.
Codex needs you.

Dexter

Arcane
Came to say that I have the exact same crash as mercyRPG

Looting the gate key from Aquavia (or whatever it's called) causes the game to crash with "ERROR 'ResPack.cpp' Line 671 Data Record Index Exceeds End Of Binary / 19"

Can you tell me the specific steps you use to generate this bug? I have run through that area, gotten the key and unlocked the gate four times to see if there was anything wrong. It's just smooth, no problems there.
The one Fatal Crash I had was also in Aquavia and related to looting. I had just entered the dungeon, there were like two rats in front of the door, I killed them and then the Loot window popped up with one of those red keys like in the inventory to the right of the "Common Gate Key", I think it said "Blacksmith something". Game froze and a window appeared with a "Fatal Error" message or something like that.
Had my first Fatal/Hard Crash at Dungeon door to Aquavia. :negative:

I will persist!

- In the Aquavia Dungeon, how do you open teh big metal skeleton door, no key so far seems to fit?
screenshot8xqsx8.png

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Kinda hard to form an opinion about this game between all those 'It is an unplayable bugfest' and 'best game ever' posts itt. And steam reviews are either 0.1 hours of record 'I don't liek grafiks, refudn' or they just write how other reviews are shit.
Darth Roxor i don't like you and you don't like me but this is important. You're the only one who can be trusted to explore the true state of this game and write up an educated opinion.
Codex needs you.
Feel free to gift the game to him.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Codex needs you.
Feel free to gift the game to him.
The point of my post was to not spend 40bux prematurely.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I've got human warrior Entreri, drow ranger Drizzt, wolfkin metalsmith Bei, naga slut thief Luna, barrower slut Thaumaturge Gem, drow slut cleric Viconia, drake slut wizard Flint and durendil slut sage Lugnut. I call them the Golden Company.

Yes, that's how much of a flaming faggot larper I am. Problem ? :smug:

The sluts are there to suck the men's cocks and help with combat from time to time like good women folk that they are...

So I started in the Eerie Wastes and instead of leaving via teleporter I stayed to try and farm some xp and get everything out of my vitality before resting... A giant bat found my party, killed my fighters, fucked my sluts, grabbed his crotch and left.

I... I don't know how to feel about this...

:despair:

I was laughing at Eerie Wastes so hard the night before I launched it.

It looks so simple. Just a lonely green sky and weird rock formations. All you have to do is pick up a magic user's skull and walk approximately two blocks to the teleporter pad. It's not as easy as it sounds, though.

The thing about that start is no real advantage. You get the skull which opens some mega weapons later in the game. Doesn't do you any good just trying to walk with it to the teleporter without giant bats surrounding you and killing you,

mogwaimon

Magister
I was surprised to see the announcement this morning, but good job Cleve, glad to see the 20 year saga come to an end. Even if I was only there for 0.1% of it. I'm broke at the moment but I'll buy a copy later on when I get some disposable income and the post-launch bugs all get found and ironed out.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Come on guys, don't act as if you wouldn't be curious about a Roxor review, too. Besides, I really don't see why I would dedicate my scarce leisure time on a game that might very well turn out to be garbage.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Just had a fatal error when looting a gate key from a Squirrel, first crash

Mortmal

Arcane
Come on guys, don't act as if you wouldn't be curious about a Roxor review, too. Besides, I really don't see why I would dedicate my scarce leisure time on a game that might very well turn out to be garbage.

If 40$ is such a big deal maybe you should do something else in your life than posting on the dex. You wont have a review of this before a long time, you cant judge a blobber in a few hours. So far it' s not garbage far from it .Some would like it to be shit, to spare some money or justify torrenting but no sorry its not . No crash issues except the character sheet randomly crashing the game . The graphic artefacts mentioned before are caused by ultra smooth setting, change it to step by step and everything is fine. Its really good looking and scaling well even on a big screen.

7 hours straight in, having more fun with this than elminage , only thing i fear is my exploration being halted by an invisible wall and a "more content soon in V2" popup.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Good news men. DECLINE, my Grimoire Stat/It
em Editor has been confirmed to work in the Release version.
Where can we get your editor? I would like to use it on my version of the superdemo.

The implication being this is just the SuperDemo released as a full game?

I don't know. But the offsets and such I used hasn't changed. Reported as working by a tester who now has the full version of Grimoire.

Zep--

Has anybody tried loading a savegame from the superdemo in full game? If it works then we may not have to wait for a new demo after all.

A tester tried to load a SuperDemo save, crashed with a Fatal Error clicking the load game button.

I forgot about you GandGolf , I'll try to upload it today(probably), alternatively, pm me an email address and I'll send you a zip (probably faster for I and You)

Zep--

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Codex needs you.
who the fuck cares? just play the damn game and be happy for the fucking privilege. ffs!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Is there any truth about Cleve being a "white suprematicst" all I saw was generic anti-sapiens rants and something against nationalities (like autralians, etc).

Cleveland Mark Blakemore is literally Hitler.

It's rubbish. Which war did these pukes fight in alongside their comrades of many races and origins? Did they visit them in the medieval torture dungeon in Brooklyn like I did? I visited Brian Foley up here, he wasn't well. Kind of pathetic the only person who would come up to see him was his white retarded Army buddy when his own family couldn't find the time. The U.S. abandoned him in this dump to a flesh rotting infection that took the better part of one leg off. They don't tell you about those kinds of casualties, the majority in the aftermath of any war. Do you think when he called me at Street News and asked me to visit him I told him, sorry, Brian, you're black I can't make it. This guy kept me in church for two years and drove me every Sunday we were in the service. Great friend to me.

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Is it me or is our good Mr. Blakemore becoming less and less intelligible?
Maybe you should get some sleep Cleve.

And then it's off to fixing those bugs! :shittydog:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The forum heading anounces the End Times. Does that mean Age of Grimoire is imminent as well? Clevemarites inbound?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom